• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

jhelom farm scripters

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
im so sick of people scripting at jhelom farms.. this is cheating correct? it is annoying because im there clicking away on my tame and some guy running a script is following me around and sometimes manages to steal my tame and there not even at the keyboard. im sick of it and if you do it on atl im gonna report every time i see it. i mean its so obvious if ur running a script.. they do the name change and kill soooo fast.. not to mention the aimlessly running around til the script updates itself looking for a bull..
the recall miners are annoying too.. but they dont piss me off that much. i just summon a elemental into there scripting area.. ive pkd a few too but my miners almost red so i cant do that anymore..
this is cheating correct? it is bannable also?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes its not really allowed. You can report them all day long and nothing seems to happen.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bring a greater dragon to help you kill the Bulls. And accidentally take your taming jewls off..whatever happens happens right :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trouble is that is only a short term solution. You know when the afk farmer gets back to the computer (maybe a few months later) they will just go "oh dam" go and get a res and then return back and carry on.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trouble is that is only a short term solution. You know when the afk farmer gets back to the computer (maybe a few months later) they will just go "oh dam" go and get a res and then return back and carry on.
It's an MMORPG right? Form an anti-scripters guild..spend hours hunting and griefing(by ruining their AFK play time) the scripter..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First defence is to page a GM and ensure you're totally clear in your report text. Usually mine were like "playername is at the Jhelom farm in Trammel macroing unattended with a script to train animal taming." Something like that. If you do report them, make sure you don't interact with the player or their bulls so they are merrily going round in circles like a robot and obvious to the GM.

Don't do anything more nasty even "accidental" things like releasing a pet if it's going to get a player killed or harmed in Tram. Scripters can page GMs too ;) it's not worth having a mark on your tamer's account and it honestly lowers you to their level.

If you want a peaceful and legal solution, herd or attack a bull as the tamer comes round and they'll usually try to get behind the bull to tame it, then herd or lead it out the gate. Most times their script is too dumb to navigate back into the pen once the gate closes. Or you can be sneaky and get the bull to go round the teleporter so they'll walk over it and be moved to a safe spot in town. I always tried to get them there so they generally timed out for inactivity. Then they're out of my hair but other than disrupting their unattended gains I didn't do anything harmful to them.

The other option is to head to Delucia and tame bulls there instead.

Wenchy

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your frustration is understandable. Again I suggest you report and interact with these players legally. There is no excuse for breaking the rules yourself. Using the same scripts to grief even a scripter is not the answer. You become as bad as they do and risk being banned yourself.

As I said before, you don't have to use herding skill to move bulls in Jhelom. Attack a bull and it'll follow you unless someone has started a tame attempt on it already.

There is no conspiracy between the cheats and the powers that be. The most obvious explanation for a failed GM report is that the scripter responded to the GM and was deemed to be "attended". I've never had trouble making a GM report stick if the cheat stayed unattended.

Now, I'm going to clean up this thread, and remind you all to stick within the rules of these forums so I don't need to give anyone points before Christmas :D

Wenchy

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't do anything more nasty even "accidental" things like releasing a pet if it's going to get a player killed or harmed in Tram. Scripters can page GMs too ;) it's not worth having a mark on your tamer's account and it honestly lowers you to their level.
Honestly, if intentionally using the pets in Despise to kill people doesn't get you banned, then releasing pets on people won't either.

Last edited:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, if intentionally using the pets in Despise to kill people doesn't get you banned, then releasing pets on people won't either.
If players want to take silly risks with their own accounts, that's their own problem. But when we recommend things to players here, they need to fit within the game rules. It doesn't matter how likely they are to get banned, we shouldn't be setting players up to take a chance with their accounts. However small that risk seems.

Even ignoring the ban risk here, releasing a dangerous pet in a training area doesn't just kill the scripter. It's a nasty mess that the next player has to clean up. The bigger the pet the more trouble it might cause some innocent player who arrives.

Wenchy