• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event "Jhelom Event" - 27th July @ 8pm UK

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
The Former Governor of Jhelom invites you to his city; Exciting stuff will happen, but what remains to be seen. This will be an EM supported event, so all are welcome.

[This space reserved for the Governors fiction]

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
The sun shinned upon the hills and mountains of Britannia, the sound of the bees could be heard, and the smell of freshly cut wood was in the air, seemed that life in Jhelom and the Islands was tranquil and safe for now. Not a single bit of worry was in the people's faces, they went along with their daily tasks, in a happily manner.
The town's training pit's was extremelly busy and healthly delivering the King with a much needed army that he needed, although morale was low among the troops, they still remained loyal to their King and would give their lives to protect him and his virtues.
In the weeks that went passed, there was a lot of stories of sightings of the acclaimed funny twisted clown, Bladderstick, still mad at the King and his followers for stealing his joke book, He would appear and taunt the citizens of the realm, asking for his Book to be returned or bad things would happen.
He didnt seem to act alone, he had a group of loyal suporters terrifying the realm and spies that remained hidden and out of sight, delivering information on all the moves of the Governors and the realm loyal subjects.
Still hiding in the Sultan's palace and plotting revenge, still didnt worry the Governor's, as they trusted their King to be one step infront of this vile foe....
The realm had recent elections, that had brought new faces in the Council du Roi, with new ideas, demands and expectations of the King. He was busy planning and sorting the realms problems, but he knew he would need to see them soon enough and anwser to all the questions that they may have.
Meanwhile the Council, thought it would be wise that all Governors inspected and went to cities to check the morale and see the people of the town and their thoughts about the matter. The new proud Governors, now had a great resposability upon their shoulders, the whole towns homour was dependent on them now as their new leaders. Jhelom, had recently got their old, Governor Skuld, back, and the city seemed to start to floruish again, with the help of Drake Ironheart, the previous Governor named by the King. The city was blooming and the aura around the people seemed all time high as they worked.
Drake IronHeart noticed that the winter had taken a toll on the city, the buildings were slightly weathered and old and ordered that the wood in the city's walls was in need of urgently changing as the passed winter had make it fragile and brittle, so the city was vulnearble to danger, the main aim in the city was to get the job done, at a later date the other buildings could be done, security was essencial.
All the citizens and guards were trying to get peace in the city, as spread of spies in the cities was in everyone's mouth....
Having rumours and now security possible problems, never spelt a good end.
The town wanted to invite the Coucil and the realms people for a walk around the islands, and check the security of islands, incase of any danger that might arise....
Please assist JHELOM on the 27th of JUNE, at 8 GMT, Please look for Governors and make sure they are well looked after.

(OOC: My first try at making an Event for all of you, hope things go well and hope we all have great fun =p)

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please assist JHELOM on the 27th of JUNE, at 8 GMT, Please look for Governors and make sure they are well looked after.

I think he means 27th JULY =)

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
What can you expect from those bruisers in Jhelom? Too many blows to the head I say! It's also UK not GMT time; seems that was confusing a lot of people, so I'll run on London time like the past EMs...

But just as an aside, Governors can request support for their city, but it has to open too all... basically the events this month are EM ones, just plotted and structured around Governor requests. This one should be interesting, going to experiment with a bit of PvEM, so I hope for decent turn out ;)

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Just a recap for those who may have been a bit confused today; Basically all the cities bar Minoc found their leaders humiliated by the power, the good looks, and wonderfully deadly sense of humour of Bladderstick.

Many brave players came to try and protect their leaders;

Lord Drakeheart for Jhelom
Anna Goodward for Vesper
Aurelius for Britain
Aragorn for Skara Brae
Keenan for Moonglow.
Perry Ragus for Minoc

Yew and Trinsic were unable to attend.

Below is a brief time line of the battle as it unfolded.

[20:10] 20 Minute Warning to fortify Jhelom.

Players trade barbs with Bladderstick on the docks. Not a wise move!

[20:12:41] [Anna Goodward]: I was killed by Putrefier !!

[20:30] After sailing laps around the Island, Bladderstick lands at the Moongate

[20:30:21] [Bladderstick]: My landing spot is as brilliant as I am original

First player scouting for Bladderstick is discovered:

[20:31:41] [Bladderstick]: I saw you Yoshi! COme here and eat putrification!

The player fort to the left of the Arena is discovered;

[20:32:27] [Bladderstick]: Boxes?!
[20:32:34] [Bladderstick]: THIS is your great plan?! BOXES!

Chaos ensues as Bladderstick throws putrifiers about and tries to get past the boxes

[20:33:13] [Lord Drake Ironheart]: I was killed by Putrefier !!
[20:34:27] [ARAGORN]: I was killed by Putrefier !!
[20:35:08] [Drake Ironheart]: I was killed by Putrefier !!
[20:35:13] [Dark Lord Keenan Earl Of Moonglow]: I was killed by Putrefier !
[20:35:20] [ARAGORN]: I was killed by Putrefier !!

5 minutes in and Bladderstick realises not all of the Governors are standing and fighting around the boxes;

[20:35:51] [Bladderstick]: But where is Anna, Aurelious and Perry Ragus?
[20:36:04] [Anna Goodward]: Successfully playing the hiding game

[20:37:33] [Lord Aurelius]: I was killed by Putrefier !!
[20:41:18] [Dark Lord Keenan Earl Of Moonglow]: I was killed by Putrefier !!
[20:42:45] [ARAGORN]: I was killed by Putrefier !!
[20:43:06] [Drake Ironheart]: I was killed by Putrefier !!

Anna is eventually found cleverly hiding in the arena, where the vertical difference throws off targeting; the slaughter then rolls across the entire island...

[20:44:16] [Anna Goodward]: I was killed by Putrefier !!

But Minoc is not so easily cornered;

[20:45:14] [Lord Perry Ragus Earl Of Britain]: *shows his tongue*

[20:46:52] [Drake Ironheart]: I was killed by Putrefier !!
[20:49:15] [Drake Ironheart]: I was killed by Putrefier !!
[20:50:17] [Drake Ironheart]: I was killed by Tempest !!

20 minutes in, and Lord Perry still resists his death... Determined to find him, Bladderstick starts bribing players to tell him where he is...

[20:50:15] [Abyssal]: lol here he is

Thanks Abyssal! It turns out the players have regrouped on the right of the city, and Perry hides amongst them, invisible. Every time Bladderstick finds him again, he waits for the players to pick up aggro, and then runs laps around the city invising until he can return. Clever little Minoc!

[20:52:17] [Anna Goodward]: I was killed by Putrefier !!
[20:52:59] [ARAGORN]: I was killed by Putrefier !!
[20:55:21] [Lord Aurelius]: I was killed by Putrefier !!
[20:58:08] [Drake Ironheart]: I was killed by Putrefier !!
[20:59:00] [ARAGORN]: I was killed by Putrefier !!

30 minutes are up! Bladderstick realises it's stalemate, and leaves the players to clean up the mess.

[21:02:33] [Drake Ironhear]: I was killed by Putrefier !!
[21:04:26] [Drake Ironheart]: I was killed by Putrefier !!
[21:08:14] [Dark Lord Keenan Earl Of Moonglow]: I was killed by Tempest !!
As requested after the last event, I tried to take some screenshots for the forums ...

Here we see Bladderstick and the 3 Putrifiers and 1 Tempest that were waiting for Perry to make his next break (he was invisible up against the north wall of the hut) trying to catch him... but always too slow!

He was already off screen when we started running after him!

Following Abyssal's wonderful example, it seemed someone else was willing to sell out Perry Ragus and Minoc right at the end;

And we did pass him on the way ... Perry was suitably outraged! But slippery as always, he escaped yet again.

But our jingling hero still had the new recruit to Bladdersticks Bovva Boys to follow, right? No! They turned out to be a filthy liar! And too late Bladderstick realised lesser mortals probably can't see invisible people, had probably not realised Perry really was there, and instead the deceptive Meredith confessed their rotten plan;

" [Meredith]: as farthest as i can lead thee away from our town!!!"

Honestly, who can you trust these days?!

And finally, one headstrong fool dared follow Bladderstick all the way back to his boat, and was impressed into the Nujelm Navy for his troubles. Unfortunately instead of rowing the ship like a good slave should, he wouldn't shut up about the bravery of those left behind in Jhelom, and was promptly made to walk the plank in the middle of the ocean... as was his horse!

He may even still be there now; I've left the map reference in case you want to save him.

So what is to be done about Minoc, that still resists bending the knee to the mutlicoloured breeches of our charming and well toned young Jester?

Let me sleep on that one ;)

RanmaRembo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Haha! in that first pic you can see the ghost of my horse! After my first death, my trusty steed went walkies and took me another 30 mins after the event had finished to find the blasted thing!

It was my first event and despite dying more than I'd like to admit it was fun :) just a shame my usefulness was negligible at best :(

but if there's another like this it's a good thing I picked up some of the stacks of boxes whilst looking for my steed after everyone had left :p

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Just to point out: Bladderstick is meant to be completely unlikeable, his sexism is one facet of that and something we here at Broadsword agree is atrocious too. No offence is meant to any of our players, rather providing something deeply unpleasant for you to righteously strike down later, and speaking personally, I apologise if anyone thought this fiction matches my personal beliefs.