• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy - 2 Hour sigil corruption permanent?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please tell us this isn't a permanent change and that its only for the event!

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please tell us this isn't a permanent change and that its only for the event!
This is a temporary change for the duration of the event. Also, we may need to balance out purification time and other variables during the Test Center run.

Please feel free to contribute your experiences with the system going forward!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you make it permanent?

I have a real life, I don't have 10 hours to guard (if I was so inclined to guard).

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Draconi ... this is a very, very bad idea. Okay, I understand your reasoning ... but 2 hours is too short! Those sigs will be corrupted 2 hrs after server ... before anyone else has even got out of bed. The only time there is faction fighting is when the sigs are active (being corrupted). I don't even know where to start ... TWO HOURS? Come on. Five hours, please? I get why you want the timer shortened for the event, but two hours is way too short. PLEASE change that to 4-5 hrs at least.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you make it permanent?

I have a real life, I don't have 10 hours to guard (if I was so inclined to guard).
NO! That alone would completely ruin factions. Period. No items would be enough ...

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Draconi ... this is a very, very bad idea. Okay, I understand your reasoning ... but 2 hours is too short! Those sigs will be corrupted 2 hrs after server ... before anyone else has even got out of bed. The only time there is faction fighting is when the sigs are active (being corrupted). I don't even know where to start ... TWO HOURS? Come on. Five hours, please? I get why you want the timer shortened for the event, but two hours is way too short. PLEASE change that to 4-5 hrs at least.

I have to agree with you, although I was thinking more along the lines of 6 hours to corrupt. Thank god these changes are not permanent!

In any case, I think as many of us as possible to should head to test and actually do some testing on this stuff.

W

wrekognize

4 to 6 hours would be good. 2 hours seems way too short.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I plan to this evening ... I just hope that I can delete a char on TC and have it wipe my faction timer, because I was fooling around a while back and put a TC char in TB ... and no way I am testing this as TB ... I have to be able to test it with the people and in the circumstances I actually play .

K

Kyrie_Elaison

I say make the corruption process instant and set the timer to x# hrs before the town can be re-taken. I have always hated the, take the sigil here, wait, take the sigil here, wait. It gets old after a while. Keep the ball in play.

:)

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a temporary change for the duration of the event. Also, we may need to balance out purification time and other variables during the Test Center run.

Please feel free to contribute your experiences with the system going forward!
I just hope you understand that changing the corruption time is going to kill the pvp for the already small faction pvp community. No matter how temporary this change is. 75% of faction pvp is done while sigils are uncorrupted and being stolen back and forth. There will be no incentive to actually participate in the fel portion of factions since they will be a total of 2 hours.. and most likely early in the morning and consisting of very few ppl. I saw a casual player say he liked this idea. Lol. Yeah I bet we will see a lot of casuals on at 6 - 7 am to fight over the sigs.

I made a post on faction forum, I really don't feel like copy and pasting it. But thats pretty much things are going to go..

Oh, incase the devs don't know where they are.. here is a link to the faction forums.

http://vboards.stratics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Test Center: 2 hour corruption, 10 hour purification
Event Publish: 6 hour corruption, 24 hour purification.