• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

jeez

• Thread starter peanutbutter
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

peanutbutter

so, i'm glad everyone is getting their little spider webs and stuff, but it's getting kind of old to not be able to recall to brit, get redirected when i try to recall to skara (on a character that has to burn a scroll every time i recall), not be able to access the provisioner in brit, have to walk from the moon-gate to the library to donate, get ganked coming out f heartwood, etc, etc, etc.

i'm glad there's an event, really. i just wish that efforts would have been made to allow players who aren't interested to continue their daily routines.

i'll be glad when the event is over and, though i'm thankful that they made the effort, i hope that in the future the devs recognize that everything they do potentially effects everyone - even those who don't want to participate and aren't interested in grinding for hours to get a spider web.

could've moved or duplicated the collectors, picked a more useful town to send us to, made exiting heartwood safe...

C

CatLord

... and showed us the end of the rainbow... with the gold pot already dug.

K

Katlene

there are plenty of other uneffected towns that you can use and recall to with out worry.
if your serious in your complaint of having to walk from the moonglow moongate to the zoo then you are a very lazy player.
For the heartwood exiting... make some invis pots and chugalug as soon as you walk through = crisis over.

it doesnt matter what happens in game its going to have a negative effect on some players. it happens everytime.
The solution is suck it up and be greatful that there are still people behind the scenes doing things for us.
its not going to go on forever.

H

HeathBar

How dare they inconvenience your daily game play routines with new event content! It's an outrage!

rolleyes:

P

peanutbutter

yeah. figures i'd get responses like this.

btw, it's walking from brit gate to the library. no, i'm not lazy. i have over 10k of each rare wood and i have to walk it 1600 boards at a time on 3 packeys from the gate to the library because i can't recall into brit... for no apparent reason. there is never any event spawn on that side of brit... so... why?

so, besides the fact that people have been asking for a few years now why we can't donate wood in deed form, the walk is unnecessary. there isn't a good reason to not be able to recall into west brit.

as far as heartwood goes, why should i have to waste an invis pot because they didnt' think about people trying to acces a key town like heartwood (that isn't part of the event) and make the yew battle offset from the rest of yew?

and you people are horrible readers. but, it's to be expected... people who read forums often don't pay attention to what others are saying. i said i was glad for the content (more than once) but that i believe there could've been a little more thought put into a few key aspects. i mean, i doubt that they INTENDED to block heartwood and/or kill people who happened to log in in heartwood and were just walking out and had no idea there was a crimson dragon sitting on the entrance... but, maybe they did...

either they intended it, in which case i'd like to know the reason... or they didn't, in which case i wonder how something as significant as access to heartwood could be overlooked in their brainstorming/testing sessions.

again, i'm glad they did an event and that people are enjoying the grinding and all. do i have to say that again? THANK YOU DEVS FOR DOING AN EVENT.

i guess it's just not my thing and that's on me. i'm not complaining about the event. my only comment is that the event is having a frustrating logistical effect on people who aren't interested in the event and there were probably ways to avoid it. it's not like there's another place i can donate wood (which may be the problem... maybe there should've been more than 1 place all along).

p.s. - i imagine that many people don't even care about library donations anymore, but i was a late bloomer library contributor. so, imagine that they JUST came out with ML and you JUST started doing the donations and all of a sudden you couldn't access the library. can you imagine the outcry? but, because i'm just one person... yeah. i agree. one person's preferences do not outweigh the preferences of the community. but, at the same time, i'm not asking them to change anything immediately...

hindsight is only 20/20 if you stop to look back. my only point is/was: when they do another event or when they sit to think about what steps they can take to make mundane tasks more efficient, consider the above.

sorry my original post was misunderstood.