• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) January Big Fish

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time once again to announce the latest fish to be shooting for. I think this month we'll hit up a dungeon and make a few changes. This time you'll have until the fifteenth to fish up the biggest fire fish you can. Biggest one will of course still win the 1k per stone, but anybody that can beat my fisher's biggest one will also win 50k regardless of whether they win the competition or not. Good luck and happy fishing.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess I'll continue the trend of posting a HUGE fish very early in the month, only for Cloud to swoop in at the last minute and win the contest!

At least he and Northern Whaler are guildmates...

I wish everyone would post their biggest fish in these threads, regardless of if they win or not...I'd like to see who all else is working on "Legendary Fishermen".

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With 101.4 fishing, I RARELY get big fish. When I do, they are only around 20-50 stones. Is there a trick? Where do fire fish come from? What's minimum and maximum stone limit for big fish?

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got plenty of them at that level, just have to fish more I guess....

Fire Fish is exclusively in Shame, Fel or Tram side.

Also, using bait for the type of fish significantly increases your chances of catching that type of fish. Over the last month, I'd say I see 1 out of every 12 casts using bait will catch a "rare" fish.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice one Lykor, that beats my current best by a good bit, i'll try and get a pic of it up some time tomorrow. I'd also like to keep seeing people post their best even if it isn't a winning fish.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Once I figure this fishing thing out and my internet connection stops dropping you are all in trouble!

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh no! I wonder how well the whip does for catching fish...

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flutter isn't lying. I saw her use a staff of the magi, a piece of bubble gum, and a paperclip to tackle a 700stone noobfish. It's hanging above her fireplace right now.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Flutter isn't lying. I saw her use a staff of the magi, a piece of bubble gum, and a paperclip to tackle a 700stone noobfish. It's hanging above her fireplace right now.
I think that fish was in SL...

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, using bait for the type of fish significantly increases your chances of catching that type of fish. Over the last month, I'd say I see 1 out of every 12 casts using bait will catch a "rare" fish.

Sorry Newb Question ... Do you have to bait the hook every cast or do you wait to you bring something up before the next bait ? I could never figure that out. I have a load of bait piling up and would love to give you guys a run for your money in these contests.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One bait only lasts one cast, unless you get nothing or it says 'fish arent biting'...

Any catch will use the bait and you'll have to re-bait the line...

I'm glad you want to enter the competition, there's only been a handful of us doing them..

Also, please post your pics of the big fish you catch in the other threads... BIG PRIZE in that thread...

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since Lykor already answered your questions i'll just say the more the merrier. And yeah, don't forget to post your big ones for this year so far, and last year, in his threads so we can get the shard's biggest of each type all in one place.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Lykor, looks like Cloud didn't get you this month. I'll be around most of tonight to deliver your prizes just let me know when and where. I'll continue to pay out the 50k to anyone that can beat my biggest fire fish to date, which is 119 stones, and i'll add 100k for anyone that can beat Lykor's 161 stones by the end of the month.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am officially a fishing nerd and can't seem to kick the habit. My fishing was on a stone for a good year or more.. And I just recently put it on, then ate 10.0 fishing pinks.. and now I seem to be a fishing crack head.

Sooooo......I shall now pown you all, and take over the world by catching all the uber large fish. And then I shall post pics in these event threads so you can all marvel and cower at my uber awesomeness!

That is all.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know I keep inviting women back to my house to see my big fish and for some strange reason they keep slapping me. I just can not for the life of me figure out why?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know I keep inviting women back to my house to see my big fish and for some strange reason they keep slapping me. I just can not for the life of me figure out why?
:lol:

If you ask them to help you mount your fish you may end up missing.