• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jade's destard fel house gone?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i noticed this a while back, forgot to post it.

i noticed that Jade's house outside of destard fel is gone

did it IDOC or did she finally upgrade that small house to something bigger?

L

Lord Drakelord

ya I noticed that last month also. Guess she got tired of the need for storage and moved up. :)

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Destard Entrance house of 11 years is now replaced by Arctic Island CASTLE (Re: Castle experience: See link - below) I was in the process of demolishing the Felucca Destard Entrance House when a Red appeared, killed Jade inside her house with blazing walls of flame! So she went out as a blazing ball of fire in her fire attire. Seems a most fitting end. Her ghost stand there to this day and always will haunt the dungeon in felucca. The real heart of Felucca has been gone totally for a very long time. Jade couldn't survive the Greater Dragons and insane PK panting so badly for victims, they kill anything that moves, right down to a simple flower girl without a word or blink of an eye. Time to move on!
But then --- after 11 years or more in this game - FINALLY, A CASTLE - my very own Castle placed by myself!!! So I filled it with new plants! :danceb:

A Post in UHall "Hmm.. not practical" - is a spoof about COLD castles. So how do you keep plants warm in the Arctic? Suggested solutions are hillarious but the comment and repeat post photo of Jade's Solution to growing plants on the Castle roof by Regine (EAMythic-UO Associate Game Designer) says it all. http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=148016

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well..... its good to hear that you didnt quit the game.
its bad that my landmark for the entrance to destard is gone.
but its good that you got a castle.

so its a good good, bad bad kinda thing.

its also kinda a shame.
many times i would tuck into your house and hide and wait while the speed hackers zipped by and i would look around at the plants.

ill kinda miss that.

L

Lord Drakelord

well..... its good to hear that you didnt quit the game.
its bad that my landmark for the entrance to destard is gone.
but its good that you got a castle.

so its a good good, bad bad kinda thing.

its also kinda a shame.
many times i would tuck into your house and hide and wait while the speed hackers zipped by and i would look around at the plants.

ill kinda miss that.
We could have used your help this evening, COP raided us and I was the only one that escape alive. They all ran toward Delucia, I went back door and escape thru the island portal.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Destard house had a great deal of sentimental value and memories o great friends in the past, most of whom are long gone now. It's impractical in these sad economical times, to keep paying for an account with a small house that I don't use. I closed three accounts once I got the castle and that sure helps to keep me playing UO which becomes more and more expensive to maintain.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Poo, Lord Drakelord, Mira and of course, Thrax.
I didn't expect anyone to notice or care.
*hugs* Best wishes to all!
--- and a Special Thanks to Queen Mum for helping me post these pictures. :)

Destard Entrance 1997 to 2009

Arctic Gardens 2009

WISH I COULD HAVE KEPT BOTH

T

ThraximusZog

I went to one of your owl houses, a tower I think. Years ago and my character was stuck there for three days due to lag/glitch when you walk into a house. I had to change up the client version to get out....so...yeah thats my Jade story

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to one of your owl houses, a tower I think. Years ago and my character was stuck there for three days due to lag/glitch when you walk into a house. I had to change up the client version to get out....so...yeah thats my Jade story
Couldn't have happened to a ---

The Tower of 1001 Glacial staffs In South Destard Swamp also black-holed GMs who were called to the scene to help others lagged by the building's massive number of stacked glacial staffs. Jade was accused of duplicating the staffs until the invited GMs followed on her glacial staff hunts. Developers and programmers fixed that black hole problem by making it worse and successfully making Jade move her operations, - - by dumping into that once empty swamp, horrendous spawns of Savages, Poison elements, Boggy and Plaque Creatures plus all the regular swamp critters from aligators to mongbats, ruining all of Destard Village's craftsmen's ability to survive, and shutting down the once very prosperous Vendors, because customers stopped coming due to extreme danger rising up from the swamp area. Not to mention those nice players deliberately dragging spawn up to the village to kill players who had business in the village. Next, new restrictions were imposed on all buildings, restricting lock-down allowances to half the storage space of a building, with the other half having to be used for secures. The lock downs in Glacial tower were over limit by 600+ items, and that over-limit removal caused great difficultues as the start of AOS put Jade and her tower into more than a month long black hole. :loser: So, after Trammel started, the glacial staffs were eventually moved to Arctic Gardens (NW tip of Arctic Island Trammel) Today the staffs form the continuous East wall, three stories high and 18 tiles wide, of the newer bigger Arctic Gardens which absorbed the original classic Marble Arctic Gardens and the 14X14 Lighthouse. (One more excessive UO account gone!)

PS: That Glacial Tower exists as a Keep in Trammel's South of Destard Swamp, on the East Side, and is open to the public! Everyone Welcome. A Bar Keep and Inn Keeper guard the entrance, so players can retreat inside to safety. The Keep is great for skill building, fighting monsters, magery, barding and hunting.

T

ThraximusZog

Yeah, GM's used to party with T to the Z also. Took ZOG out of my last name, used to put signs on my houses that warned new players or with whatever cute little messages they had. Also had a few GMs spying on me when I lived in Malas....I was there having a meeting with some Zogs and this GM just appeared at our meeting and said "don't mind me, im just getting some coffee" ...thats all I can remember right now but the "ESTABLISHMENT" always wanted a piece of my Ba%%z... can't blame them, I R GOD.

I would play Sonoma full time and bring my minions back if they balanced pvp out more or found a way to get rid of the "Slide" hacks for speed increase...but I highly doubt that. After about 4 years of not really pvping on Sonoma I showed up the other day and schooled a few ppl 1on1...clearly with my ancient gear I still pwn normal non hacking pvpers... but here is my report on the following state of PVP from what I have saw:

1.Nobody wars due to generations of inbreeding pvp tactics of house hiding and running (fact Sonomians have gotten so good and running away they invented speed hacks to flee faster from their former Zog overlords)

2.Nobody seems to care anymore (perhaps by training from cowards) to be their own person, instead they form a sheep-like or "lemmings" following and just go with the "largest or most popular guild" Nobody has a thought of creativity in them.... WHY WERNT PPL THIS EASY TO CONTROL WHEN I WAS PLAYING?!

3. Zog has never lost a war since the dawn of Time! All glory to the Empire!

So I would love to come back and **** away some free time on UO again, but the game mechanics and cry babies that bitc# to devs so that they can have more pets and super dragons is just overwhelming to deal with for a Warmongering Captain of Pure Hate like myself.

IN CONCLUSION: 99.9% of Sonoma ppl (that are left or nub jobs) are all allies and friends. Even the largest Tram guild and the largest fel guild "co-exist"...what mockery of UO is this?! Thus if you are a true follower of warfare and claim to be a real pvper or soldier, YOU MUST DESTROY AND BETRAY ALL WHOM OPPOSE THE VIEW OF TOTAL WAR!

This is Ultima Online, not a dating chat room you noobz! There is a reason everyone hates me, because I don't lay down like most of you. I stick to my beliefs and pray that others will fight like gods once more instead of hide in their little houses or only fight with 2 or 3 ppl blue healing them. SINCE THE DAYS OF ZOGGISM, we have always beaten your weak kind.. I would be very happy to butcher everyone and thing I see again...maybe someday :-( cus Sonoma ppl earned it the most in all my Video game travelz! Salute!

-Thraximus Zog, Ranting about Jade then got off track-
-ZOG HEIL!-