• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

JackFlash is famous:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
at last recognition, a horse was left at Luna called
JackFlash Scammer

:)

now someone is being a moron and a kid

L

Lady_Mina

lol not really something to be proud of.

i've been playing for YEARS and have NEVER been called a scammer.
Although i've done trades and even been on other people's accounts to costumize their houses.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Although i've done trades and even been on other people's accounts to costumize their houses.
Well Jack Flash is defo not a scammer. I bet 50% of this shard could vauch for him.

K

Kayne

I'm happy to vouch for Jack Flash, he did me a huge favour back in the day when a house sale went wrong.

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well - since bringing other players in mischief is not considdered a scam, i cant really judge on this.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Way to go. Next up on the fame ladder is the evil twin I think.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd vouch for Jack too; never had any trouble trading with him myself (even tho both of us had our scatterbrain heads on :p) and I've never, ever heard even a whisper of him doing anything he shouldn't.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sadly just a player attack after he/she recieved a 24hr ban for cheating, onyl player i know to have an issue with right now

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poor old Jack, as Kenneth Williams would have it - 'Infamy Infamy they've all got it in for me'.

Jack and I are in the same guild so I too am willing to state categorically that I have never known him to do anything untoward. To the contrary I have known him go out of his way to help others within the game.

It is a sad fact that, in this game, just like r/l you come up against people to whom you cannot relate. This would appear to be someone who falls in this category with Jack.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

ah, now i have read that YOU ARE a friend of L**o and he was banned for cheating for 24hrs this ALSO is nothing to be proud of ;)

L

Lady_Mina

ah, now i have read that YOU ARE a friend of Lino and he was banned for cheating for 24hrs this ALSO is nothing to be proud of ;)
I also heared that saying char names on stratics is not allowed.

And i would gladly accept proof of your statement that he was cheating.

Cause you made some statements of what you THOUGHT he was doing...without telling the people...his char was not on the roof but on the ground floor...training chiv with a macro set to key 'a' wich triggered when he said words with A....(easy to do with UOassist)
For some weird reason you stealthed in his house , he noticed , told you to reveal...you refused.
He did detect hidden , revealed you and banned you...and this is were you got all upset for some reason.
If he was scripting he wouldn't have noticed you or start using detect hidden all over his house to reveal you.

He has done more good deeds then you think...
He has given back stuff to people who dropped their stuff on the floor to leave uo and returned a few months after.
He has given a friend's hat of the magi and crimson back after she dropped them on the floor cause she was going to quit but then changed her mind the day after...
All this while his "friend" who he gave all his stuff too (+100mill + keep) didn't even give him half a mill to pay for insurance when he returned back to UO.

That's all the stuff that's not being told...no rather make him look like a dirty cheater...he has a keep on a nice spot wich he bought from mapper for wich some people seem to love to see him banned for, so they can earn some more cash selling the newly placed keep when his would fall to the ground.

Cause it's easy to spread dirt on people's names and then add some more lies to make yourself look like the goodie-two-shoes hero.

I think the number of idocs you claim to have found in your ingame profile is something a lot more people would frown upon...

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also heared that saying char names on stratics is not allowed.

And i would gladly accept proof of your statement that he was cheating.

Cause you made some statements of what you THOUGHT he was doing...without telling the people...his char was not on the roof but on the ground floor...training chiv with a macro set to key 'a' wich triggered when he said words with A....(easy to do with UOassist)
For some weird reason you stealthed in his house , he noticed , told you to reveal...you refused.
He did detect hidden , revealed you and banned you...and this is were you got all upset for some reason.
If he was scripting he wouldn't have noticed you or start using detect hidden all over his house to reveal you.

He has done more good deeds then you think...
He has given back stuff to people who dropped their stuff on the floor to leave uo and returned a few months after.
He has given a friend's hat of the magi and crimson back after she dropped them on the floor cause she was going to quit but then changed her mind the day after...
All this while his "friend" who he gave all his stuff too (+100mill + keep) didn't even give him half a mill to pay for insurance when he returned back to UO.

That's all the stuff that's not being told...no rather make him look like a dirty cheater...he has a keep on a nice spot wich he bought from mapper for wich some people seem to love to see him banned for, so they can earn some more cash selling the newly placed keep when his would fall to the ground.

Cause it's easy to spread dirt on people's names and then add some more lies to make yourself look like the goodie-two-shoes hero.

I think the number of idocs you claim to have found in your ingame profile is something a lot more people would frown upon...
tbh i did not see him say "reveal", not saying he didn't just saying i did not see it, thats why i reacted badly to his abuse

and yes the idoc list in my profile did start as a bit of a running joke, but i always update it, i do look at it with some sorrow sometimes, but i am also pleased that many spaces that players leave behind are filling up and it is always nice, now that plot sales are non existant to pass on locations to others who want a new or bigger house etc

going back to earlier, maybe i did not see his "reveal" as i was wandering about upstairs, not a thief as i dont have stealing. as i think i have seen him at idocs i tought a quick hello after i nosed about, no bad intentions, sor some reason i like looking at peeps houses i recognise

i have removed name, you might want to unquote me to remove aswell

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm - if i read thrugh this thread there are some conclusions juming
into my mind:

An Item-Hunter (if i understand your posts right youre hunting rather
for items than for plots) stealthing into someone elses house while he/
she is inside and the whole situation ending/escalating in you reporting
the house owner (for abusing? possible exploiting?)!

Given that i am often unlocking und unsecuring items in my house when
i am there and have lost items to stealthers on those ocasions in trammel,
i definately would not have reacted overly friendly when reveiling you.
I prefer people comming for a visit making themselves and their intentions
clearly visible as i do too when i see someone in a house i would like to
meet/chat.
Like removing weapons in my hands, standing at the door bowing or some-
thing like that.

As for the reporting: I am very carefull with an 'instrument' like this since
there is not really a 'justice' system in the game (wich is ok by me, since
its a game ;)) and GMs are human and tend to react strangely at times,
as i have witnessed on several occasions - so for someone who knows
wich buttons to push it might even be a weapon towards other players
and i think its even often used as such (esp. as revenge or to satisfy
or balance own ego-wounds)
What we definately don't need in UO (at least from my point of view) are
people who practise some sort of wild west self justice attitude, playing
police and/or judge for in game issues.

A far better way for almost all situations is to stay calm yourself and
try to sort things out - or just try to ignore them since there are several
workarrounds even for things that effect your charakter if you just look
for them.

And on the original topic:
If that action really was (and i say if) a reaction on the happenings at
this house with the beetles, it is not a good way to deal with it and
sadly puts the spammer not in a good light either. Letting yourself
down to those actions just because of frustration/ego-wounds or
hurt (false) pride might be understandable from a human point of view,
but nevertheless is not justified by it in my eyes.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sorry did not read all your reply, but will later, i definately want to assure EVERYONE that i do not sneak about and steal, the IS the lowset of the low, i only really "visit" player houses i know, or know of, i see many players in their houseson my journeys, never stopping

so yes, i DO know players steal, but that is lame, and i despice it, was a victim of that once when i was a newbie many years ago

to combat that very thing, i have my outer doors openable by anyone, inner doors friends only with teleporter tiles between them so hopefully no undesirables get in, but tbh i have not read about this kind of act for a very long time, not to say it does not happen

but like i said, not by me, and that was not my intention when i visted above house, infact, as it is obvious i opened the doors, i expected a reveal and a "hello Jack" as i thought the owner was aware of my existance

it would appear not to be the case, hence the bad feeling caused :(

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
have read your post, wise it is to

i think the whole affair was a big misunderstanding, he did not know me and i was not happy about the abuse

like i said i was expecting a bit of a game then "hello Jack"

like so many other players do

live and learn

L

Lady_Mina

As Crest said....you cannot expect people to be all happy and be like 'o' hai!' when a stealther is in their house...AND refusing to reveal when asked to.
And hidding the same instance again after being revealed once with detect hidden...forcing him to do detect hidden again , but that time with 'i ban thee' ready.

Dropping by stealthed to say a friendly hi to a person you think you recognise from idocs...yeah that sounds about right...

JackFlash is famous indeed...

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
please read above, i did not see the reveal, i did not rehide, i was banned before i could finish typing hello

i spend most of my time stealthing, good practice for fel

as i said the reaction i got was not what i expected from somebody that knows me, it is now obvious that,even though we have been to several idocs at the same time and i am sure we have spoken, but not 100% that owner did not know me

either way, abusive language is not acceptable

oh and please stop fueling the fire in defence of your friend, YOU WERE NOT THERE

this is how SIMPLE misunderstandings get out of hand and get players 24hr bans

so this should conclude your input to a situation that has nothing to do with you

thanks

K

Kiminality

this is how SIMPLE misunderstandings get out of hand and get players 24hr bans
Isn't that backwards, since this originates from someone getting banned for 24 hours because -someone- took a misunderstanding and blew it out of proportion.

so this should conclude your input to a situation that has nothing to do with you
I'm going to go with "no"
You can't tell people they should stop posting because what they're saying doesn't sit well with you.
If you have a problem with someone's posting, you should bring it to the attention of the mods.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the reason i think that is due to the fact she was not at the house,and is a friend of the owner

the issue seems to be growing into a "i HATE IDOCERS" thread which is not what it is about
(my thoughts idocers/thief, dif types of players)

it is a misunderstanding, you know, got out of hand, abusive language etc etc

i think it is admirable to stand up for a friend, but i think there is a limit and i think she is there, bit of a "he said /she said" thing now

my opinion of course

its not about hearing what i don't want to hear etc, i am trying to be specific to the one incident that lasted a few mins and left a bad taste for both parties, and not friends,girlfriends, mina, mums dads,pets etc

just us, and i think he tried to get a message to me on icq, pls try again if you wish

but there were only two of us there when hell broke loose

like i said what has it got to to with her anyway?

anyway moving on......

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is and has been going nowhere for a while now, why has it not been locked?
Well i do like when ppl post on the forums. Why dont you?
We dont want these forum to get even more dead then they all ready are.

Dont lock it. Lock a thread that gets breaks the ROC, not a thread where ppl have a normal conversation.

K

Kayne

Again I reinforce that Jack is a good guy in this game. If I found him stealthing around my house without my knowledge and even if he did continue to do so I would jokingly reveal him and probably kick him out but would soon let him back in.

He didn't have to sell me a house he was holding 3 years ago when another one went wrong (damn uo-auction2) but he kindly did and even lowered the price to match the one that went wrong and he sure as hell didnt need to do that especially at a time when it was difficult to find an 18x18 spot in game.

Hell I regularly have guild members snooping my pack but I trust my friends in this game and it has never yet been broken by any of the friends ive had in all this time.

Zidjin it seems your not the only one he stole my wife and 4 kids last year.

L

Lady_Mina

jack i WAS there...not in-game however...

But my screen is about 45cm away from Lino's big widescreen monitor...
So i saw the whole drama develop live.

Lino is my irl partner and father of my child...so it's only natural that i won't allow some random guy to drag either one of our names through the dirt.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello "the Wife"

indeed we have spoken and its old news now i think

when he explained that you were in fact his wife, it made sense

like i said, a regrettable incident that got out of hand

for your info, you both are now just Random People too, thanks for that

maybe as you are, "right next to your husband" you would know that we have spoken a few days ago about this misunderstanding and that we will have to agree to differ, we have our opinions and we aired them

it will also seem that my Great Grandmother is upset that you called me "some randow guy
" and will be posting to fuel this some more:) seeing as this is what happens here

he thinks i was wrong to page, and he does not care about the ban

i on the otherhand am proud of my clean acct status

you may also look down on the info on my status but thne, jack is only a part of my UO experience, but what he also does , is sell idoc items far cheaper than any vender, shows and places houses for players unsure of placement issues, supplies the Soulstone Graveyard with stones, just in case players return in future. so its not all scummy in the Jack camp.

so, you tickled a nerve there. thanks for that too

i will continue to do what i do, and if i see things i am not happy with i will do what i can to protect this game, dying or not

i still believe it is growing as there are less and less spaces out there, and i will continue to do my bit. and i will choose who i consider "friends" or "known" players more closely aswell

i thank you and good day

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found several stealthers in my admittedly public house since this thread has been up - disturbing!

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well - cant resist speaking my mind again.

There are some People in this thread that vouched for you, mostly for your
honesty in trades etc. as a reaction on the 'scammer'-accusation towards
you described by yourself in the first post .

From my experience people aren't 'all evil' or 'all good', it often depends on
situations and perspective. But even if you try to measure it from some
evident ethic perspective, people are inconsistant and their views and
actions might touch both worlds.

... Grandmother blahblah ...

i on the otherhand am proud of my clean acct status

Giving such a statement after you 'initiated' a ban towards some other
player beacuase of a

... regrettable incident that got out of hand ...
is definately not giving you sympathy points in my book. It has the
bad smell of ego driven false pride, wich in an ethic definition belongs
more to the evil side.

Furthermore and maybe even more important is the Fact, that People
tend to do things that contradict their own intentions simply by not
seeing or properly thining about the consequences of their actions.

i will continue to do what i do, and if i see things i am not happy with i will do what i can to
... protect this game, dying or not ...
If you really think, that fighting the things 'you are not happy with' will protect the
game, then you are far more arrogant that i thought at first.

Its an attitude like this that caused a lot of troubble inside and outside game and i
really would suggest you consider this again and try to find a more common and
tollerant set of values to follow when dealing with a greater and diverse community of
People.

I absolutely want to differ this from your attitude to help people in game wich definately
is helping the game in general form a 'bigger picture' view - but why counterforce this
by making the game miserable for others at times? Or are you just helping people 'you are
happy with'? What if someone you helped becomes a player playing in a style you might not
'be happy with' ? Or if this attitude of his is showing at the beginning, will you stop helping
him/her then?

I myself am fueling the fire here now i know, despite the fact that i told Mina that
your first post you spoke about the incident as a misunderstanding would be as far
as you would go in settling this matter, but at times i just cant hold myself when i
see certain things/attitudes appear.

There is a quote saying

"There is no more evil man than the one who want to do good all the time"

and i think there is some truth in that - and because of my own 'attitude' its
some advice i need to give myself at times as well :)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as far as i knew it was done and dusted, then a few days later another statement that was not needed

i don't take to kindly to being called "some random guy"

it only add to the fact that someone got in trouble for exploiting the game mechanics and there is NO defending that

so yes i will bite as it was an un'nessassry comment as the partied involved, and not sitting in the same room etc, had spoken about the incidnet as i stated above

so who knows maybe Mina can add somethign else in a few weeks to stir it up again?

U

UOFree

ohh Jack you can come stealth in my plot, its private atm tho. Since im moving a lot of stuff and such. Public means anyone can go in. if you dont want them to set security on some doors so they cant access your items or whatever.

To be honest I find all this funny. Jack make a stealthing plot and anyone who isnt moving around stealthing ban them :p

The skill is a part of the game, they made it possible that people could be revealed inside plots for a reason.
Now I dunno how the place look, but I do know that some people who do unattended macroing or whatever uses sounds like doors opening to know when people enter their houses. So always ways to avoid being detected if your around your comp.

L

Lady_Mina

as far as i knew it was done and dusted, then a few days later another statement that was not needed

i don't take to kindly to being called "some random guy"

it only add to the fact that someone got in trouble for exploiting the game mechanics and there is NO defending that

so yes i will bite as it was an un'nessassry comment as the partied involved, and not sitting in the same room etc, had spoken about the incidnet as i stated above

so who knows maybe Mina can add somethign else in a few weeks to stir it up again?
Looks like just saying 'some random guy' already stirred it up.

Why did i say 'some random guy'...cause neither me or Lino know you...and you don't know us.
Your just an other uo player we don't know , who popped up out of the blue.

As for aired...Lino himself said "it's not cause we talked that things are all good now"

You could just kept it to yourself...
You already posted some drama in mustafa's thread...you could of left it like that...without saying names.
And yeah then you would have looked like a hero.
I didn't react on it till you started pointing fingers...
But then you started linking names to the whole drama...and that's when i felt i had to tell the WHOLE story and not just the story out of the 'hero's'' perspective.

yeah it's all a misunderstanding now that it backfired.

And i hope you'll think twice now when your ego hurts and you're about to drag someone's name through the dirt...cause whoever's name you drag through the dirt might read the boards or have friends or family who do.
And they will gladly drag you from your pedestal.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do believe this thread has just about had it in terms of useful communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.