• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's suspiciously quiet in here... (babble thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well last i heard He Man was not there to save it and that She ra so weak! she could do nothing to help it ! and yes i am back :p

Clearly He Man is a wuss (and must therefore be Greek). Look. Even She Ra's sword bigger than yours. :twak:

Together, we might have saved Rilla's. :sad2:

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy birthday Barian, you big legend !

(At least I hope so otherwise I'm going to be having some choice words with ICQ)

Oooh, Cresty, ahoy there young man !

B

BadgerSmaker

Hello all,

After 8 years SoE have decided to kill off SWG so I am currently downloading the UO trial. Hopefully I can find my old account and get that up and running, would be a blast....

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/Head Shot 3
/Head Shot 3
/Head Shot 3
/Head Shot 3
/airguitar

Good on you for sticking with it for so long chief, sorry to hear that the death toll is finally ringing.

So hey....

Nevermind Paris, we'll always have Babbelon !

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cheers Kas me old mucker..................:pint:

Ooooo......Badger...............:thumbup:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lost the dog :(

He took ill Thursday, last night Terry & son took him to emergency vet, came home without him. Vet said he had a massive tumour. It had reached the stage where it was preventing his body from working, unforseeable, nothing to be done but say goodbye. Seems strange, I've been walking a dog daily, rain or shine, twice a day for 23 years between our little foundling and the dalmatian we had when we found him. Now I've no reason to go out.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lost the dog :(

He took ill Thursday, last night Terry & son took him to emergency vet, came home without him. Vet said he had a massive tumour. It had reached the stage where it was preventing his body from working, unforseeable, nothing to be done but say goodbye. Seems strange, I've been walking a dog daily, rain or shine, twice a day for 23 years between our little foundling and the dalmatian we had when we found him. Now I've no reason to go out.

*hugs*

You know where I am.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put Lead on Terry.......

Leave house

Simples

*hugs*

B

BadgerSmaker

Nice to see you again, Kas and Barian.

Sorry to hear about your dog, Petra. :(

Got stuck into the free trial last night and eventually found myself working on Tailoring while slowly remembering bits and pieces of the game and working out what's new since I left. Fun so far.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So sorry to hear about your dog, Petra. Taking Terry out walking sounds like a good temporary solution.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure how Terry'd take to walking to heel :)

On the up side, it means we can go out for the day without bribing our son to dog-sit.

M

matteoreturns

Hello...

Kas! Nilrem!

Am I reading this right, does the Angry Mongbat still exist?

Gosh. How wonderful.

H

HeMan

Clearly He Man is a wuss (and must therefore be Greek). Look. Even She Ra's sword bigger than yours. :twak:

Together, we might have saved Rilla's. :sad2:
Blasphemy!!! , but please don't shout the fact i am Greek all the dear European loaners will go after me even tho i live in Sweden!

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pfft! Everyone knows He Man is broke. Big hugs to your Missus. She needs hugs if she's still putting up with you! :thumbup1:

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody has said "Stroke my weasel" on the Europa forum for ages; so I'd like to take this opportunity to say it.

... Petra: None of these buggers will believe I'm being sincere, but sod 'em; Sorry about your dog.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think this is really babble, but there isn't anywhere else to put it really.

To our Norwegian friends; my heart hurts for you, I wish there was something I could do to help. I'll be thinking of you. I'm glad the people I know are safe; I wish everyone else was as well.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Fluffi :)
and yes, Cailleach, sympathies and good wishes to all in Norway.

Off out for the day, visiting Terry's dad. Gotta make him a cake first though, I'll be in trouble if I don't arrive with cake :D

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Almost in danger of dropping-off the first page!

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Teh babbul is not wot it used to was.

... Petra & Caill... am I allowed to reply to the recent influx of "how to PvP" threads? (I promise to be nice(ish))

*snuggles the oldies*

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Almost in danger of dropping-off the first page!

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Teh babbul is not wot it used to was.

... Petra & Caill... am I allowed to reply to the recent influx of "how to PvP" threads? (I promise to be nice(ish))

*snuggles the oldies*

Old? Who are you calling old?

Tell you what, yes, you can - but you say sorry for callin us, and especially me, old, and promise never to do it again!

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made violet cake yoday. It tastes odd, but not unpleasant. The violet numbs the tongue slightly.
I thought it was a ferret.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You've had your tongue numbed by a ferret?

Please PM me the details of EXACTLY how this happened; (I'm sure the circumstances are not suitable for a family forum like Europa.)

D

Drax Varibolt

I pop in and out of UO from time to time. Due to having my home PC hacked I lost the house on the Europa shard full of goodies as the time taken to get back online and prove who I was took me over the 90 day period.

Must admit that the RP scene is very quiet, very few people from the old days i.e. from over five years ago, seem to be around. Trinsic is like a ghost town when I visit, as is Have (I utterly detest the new Haven, old Haven was a brilliant place to meet people and RP).

I mainly come to UO to have a look around and see what changes have been made these days.

K

Kiminality

Trinsic is like a ghost town when I visit
When's that?
Trisnic's pretty active from 8pm (UK time) on. You might have visited out of active hours, or when something was going on elsewhere, or just on a quiet day.
There's always Cove, Vesper (who sort of folded, but are trying to come back) and Yew, too.

U

ultima online

babble babble babble!!! ehehehe been a long time since I posted on any of these boards! how are peoples?

K

Kayne

Lol remind me when the last time was and we'll see how likely the next is going to be... :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*contemplates changing 'seasoned veteran' into 'seasoned shish kebab'*

K

Kayne

You're both mean.... lol

I would come visit in game but since the migration they killed my sub for my accounts and they want to charge me tax which I wont pay....

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're both mean.... lol

I would come visit in game but since the migration they killed my sub for my accounts and they want to charge me tax which I wont pay....

Hey, don't start what you can't finish .... :p

I haven't had time to play properly in a few months now. But if you wanted to borrow one of my accounts for a visit, shout me :)

K

Kayne

Saving this before it drops off page 1. Poor babble I remember when it took a month or so to get a new thread this poor one has been going for 2 years.

Thats not to say a new one is needed that can sit around for another 2 years. Just that it shows the state of things

T

TheEnigma

Indeed Kayne, hell I remember when we used to hit 10 pages in a few hours back in the day :/

MORE BABBLEAGE IS NEEDED!

K

Kayne

Barian will have his radar pinging as the revolving door has been spinning again.

T

TheEnigma

Indeed, I think when I quit back in 02/03 we all used to joke about that door, now here I am using the darned thing ^^

K

Kayne

Don't worry Engima I've used it a couple times myself now. Someone once said people never quit UO they just take breaks.

T

TheEnigma

It's true, I never thought I would be back after 10 years however :D

I guess the strain of playing WoW with all the kiddies is just getting to me :)

K

Kayne

I played WoW for about 8 months before giving up but I think if i had a group to play with I'd probably still play but UO will always be number 1

T

TheEnigma

indeed it is!
I think the lack of IMP is what kept me off UO in all honesty. It was those nutters that kept me playing, thankfully now I moved from the UK to Holland I know a lot of them IRL which is always good.
Still tempted to rejoin, but I dunno if I want to risk coming back with all my chars and gear gone :/ I would imagine its all gone to OSI Oblivion after 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.