it's only a game, it's only a game......

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2009
Lake Erie
Things that make you want to kill your keyboard.

Yesterday I was doing house cleaning and moved a bunch of chests. Most had stuff of little or no value. Of course I locked them all down. Then I moved a chest full of SA ingredients. Yep - I didn't lock it down. I went to get some snake venom and discovered that it had decayed and was gone forever.

Makes a poor ole pirate wanna cry? If I cry Me mates will surely kill me..Arr I'll kill me mates then cry.

Arr Arr I'll be taken on a new crew soon. Me feels better Already ARR Arr Arr

E

Eyes of Origin

I've done that :( then I end up looking for hours for it and cant find, finally giving up and realizing I didnt lock it down
*shakes head* yup, its just a game, but damnit, I've come close to throwing the keyboard a few times lol

O

Origin Thief

A few weeks ago I FINALLY cleaned out my castle. It had years worth of IDOC loot in boxes scattered everywhere.

When I was finished cleaning, I realized I never saw the chest with the transfer token, advanced char token and glacial spellbook in it. After searching for a few hours, I finally decided I must have thrown it away! I even checked the cavern of the discarded just in case i did.

Sure enough, a few days ago, someone was kind enough to inform me that I had left that box's access set to anyone and they took it all. Even as a thief, I couldn't imagine acquiring items this way...

This was definately a time to tell myself "It's only a game."

C

Crystal Canyon

Sorry to hear of your lose Yellow...guess it has happened to everyone at one time or another and it does suck!

Origin Thief...Believe me, there are a couple people on this shard that spend a majority of their time stealthing peoples homes checking chests to see if there is a possiblility that they might be able to open them or trying to snatch items while you are unlocking them. It has taken me much longer than it should have to get the house and library back in order because of the stealthers.

I loved the new mailboxes but they will not be of any use really because of people like this. If you could lock them down, set them to anyone, and people could put stuff in there but only the owner could unlock them and take items out, it would be a great benefit. As it is now though, only friends or Guildmates can leave you something in them. Yet there are still the couple that make the rounds to see if they can steal anything from peoples boxes....sad!

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Things that make you want to kill your keyboard.

Yesterday I was doing house cleaning and moved a bunch of chests. Most had stuff of little or no value. Of course I locked them all down. Then I moved a chest full of SA ingredients. Yep - I didn't lock it down. I went to get some snake venom and discovered that it had decayed and was gone forever.

Makes a poor ole pirate wanna cry? If I cry Me mates will surely kill me..Arr I'll kill me mates then cry.

Arr Arr I'll be taken on a new crew soon. Me feels better Already ARR Arr Arr
Been there there done that. For me it was all my Christmas deco items that I lost to the "I forget to lock it down Bug"

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 24, 2003
Baja!!
Crystal, You can set the mailbox to who ever you want to take items out, but everyone can drop something in the mailboxes. Trust me it's a god send for myself and friends, not all of which are friended to the house. It's great to share items and not have to catch them online.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Crystal, You can set the mailbox to who ever you want to take items out, but everyone can drop something in the mailboxes. Trust me it's a god send for myself and friends, not all of which are friended to the house. It's great to share items and not have to catch them online.
Oriana is correct ... if you secure (not lock down) your mailbox and set it to owner only, anyone can drop items on the mailbox (they can not open it, just drop items on it, and the items drop into the box), only the house owner can open the box to remove items. If you set it to co-owner, then only co-owners and owners can open the box to remove items. And so goes it for the friends and guild settings. If you have it secured and set to 'anyone', then anyone can open the box to remove items. (This applies to houses set to public. I don't have a house set to private, so don't know if anyone other than those who have access to the house can leave items.)

And she's right on how wonderful it is to be able to leave items for others when I can not catch up with them in-game.

C

Crystal Canyon

Thank you Oriana and Sara! I have been playing around with it and we could not get it set to let others open it to put items in. We didnt try dropping items on it!

Guess I should have asked someone huh? LOL rolleyes:

YOu both are great...thanks again.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Thank you Oriana and Sara! I have been playing around with it and we could not get it set to let others open it to put items in. We didnt try dropping items on it!

oh great news ! this is wonderfull.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

I discovered how they work the way I discover most things ... by accident. :lol:

M

Michael Wolf

I discovered how they work the way I discover most things ... by accident. :lol:
There are no such things as accidents. You're our reporter, you discovered it because it's you job to tell us how to do things... Just the way things were meant to be...