• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

its getting about time for the great purge!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive always had a full roster of characters on every shard for collecting gifts but ive recently noticed that my bank is full on almost all of my guys.
i think ive hit the time in my game play where the great purge will need to be mounted.
when you have near 175 items that are all gifts of some sort its time to clean the old bank out.

looks like everyone is getting a new turn in suit for christmas!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wouldnt it be easier just to delete those characters and make new ones ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know how you feel.... but I've done a lot of Xshard trading over the years.. so some aren't as full as others. And more and more I transfer that stuff back home to throw away for points. If points were account bound and it didn't matter "who" threw them away I'd probably be more inclined to throw stuff in the trash.... but since it's "per character" I only throw stuff on 2 basic characters... one on Siege and one on GL's. So takes me a while to go back and forth to various shards and bring it home to toss out. I don't want a few random points on a few random shards. I want the points on GL so I can get and use the nice dyes and such... but yeah it's a slow process.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As for deleting characters.... Nope can't do that. I have some that are just totally ancient. Some with some of the dumbest names and such *not named by me... on "inherited" accounts. So yeah .... Just can't bring myself to delete some of them.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just give all my extras to the lucky person who decides to trade holiday gifts with me that year...I usually end up getting just as much or more on my home shard. Some lucky person got a gift box with a soulstone token in it from 2009? Just a shard I guess I never traded on that year....so I say give give give...and you shall receive in abundance and still get all the trade-in points and then some that you would have gotten had you kept it all for yourself :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I do XShard trade but not on every shard. Some shards I don't speak the language makes it a tad more difficult but not impossible. Though I just mostly trade with those I know or who get referred to me. Been burned once or twice .... makes me a tad leery about trading with over eager folk. But for the most part it's been good made some wonderful friends by trading.

But yeah I have tons of stuff everywhere. Some shards more than others though my current goal is almost reached to have a transfer shield to every shard. Only a few more to go and I'll have reached my goal. By my estimation I should have them all by this time next year. Should be fun then. Will take me a whole lot longer to finish my other goal of having a fully functional tamer on every shard. But I'll get there someday. One must always have goals you know. I'm looking forward to a bit of downtime from all the grinding and gifting and such... get back to work on skills, T-Hunting and fishing.

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have every shard shield now I have a castle half full of that 'stuff'
Now I'm getting picky with that I get and what I take home.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poo dont be a ninny.... pick out what you want at home and do a run with they shields and sell off what is worth selling and deposit the rest in the circular file in town. The points add up... and you can sell the rewards from the points....
And you can also do your christmas shopping for friends in game from your vast storage...

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have firefly xmas deeds from back in the day, choose them, you get 500-800ishxtra turn in points from each firefly

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If your bank is 175 full you still have 125 left for your back pack :)

Keep on going
ah but that is where you can get stung when they bring in an event where ya have to GO get the reward for your guy, so you truck in there with a pack full of christmas and valentines and anniversary gifts and die!
thats how they get ya!

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you decide to get rid of any Horn of Plenty's I know someone that is still trying for coffee plants! Hehe

I am in the same situation with my dozen+ accounts that are almost all full on other shards. I also can't delete characters someone else made on my "inherited" accounts.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@SugarMMM PM me or icq me, while i dont want to give away any of my horns ill gladly farm them for a couple plants if you tell me what shard, as long as the horns are still recharging that is, and i think they are.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you decide to get rid of any Horn of Plenty's I know someone that is still trying for coffee plants! Hehe

I am in the same situation with my dozen+ accounts that are almost all full on other shards. I also can't delete characters someone else made on my "inherited" accounts.
I've renamed a few but I seriously can't seem to delete some that I can tell were created at the dawn of UO... Many who started with 100 gold in the bank... Another lot who began with some "practice" weapons.... and such. Quite a number with "newbie" blessed stuff. Makes me very leery of just deleting someone.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Delete???? no no no....
Luck will be that one will be the only that has/had something you needed or could do someting like was co owner only to someplace