• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Its "After July" now - What changes do we want?

John Connelly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealth is fine the way it is. Those that want passive detect or stealth changes are just being selfish and won't change their templates to get the skills to deal with stealthers.

And my comment above is the very reason the devs need to read the posts and make decisions on what they can do. Debating faction artis / no faction artis, second character / no second character, passive detect / no passive detect, lower silver costs / high silver costs is over. Opening for suggestions again is just pushing things back 6 months and stalling for time while we bicker among ourselves once again.

Maybe it would be easier to do things the other way round. Instead of us saying what we want only to have the devs say they can't do it, the devs should list the things they can do from the suggestions they have been given and we vote on what is a priority.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now heres a real idea get rid of greater dragons, dreadmares bane dragons those are what killed siege nothing else this was the biggest reason people quit.

@kelmo if you remove factions from siege then you will see a dead shard

@kat i understand your need to try to fix siege but to show that you really care you should be working on bringing tnt back to siege. at the moment thats what siege needs.
Sprago - I'm gonna do what makes me happy, you do what makes you happy. I am doing what I NEED to be doing. You focus on whatever it is that you need to do. You can stop taking pot shots at me now and mind your own damned business, please. You are in vent with me every single day and you say nothing, but then turn around and post this crap. I dunno what you call it, but I call that 2 faced.

I'll agree with you that greater dragons, dreadmares and bane dragons need to go.

I'll also agree, to an extent, with Kelmo on the faction armor issue. I'm not sure it necessarily needs to be removed, but that whole bit needs to be completely revamped, IMO, so that being in factions doesn't simply mean you get high end gear. Factions is about far more than that and not many here are currently interested in the faction system itself for anything other than faction gear. Thats a pretty f'd up faction system, IMO.

In any case, I started this thread to find out what the list of changes are that we can all agree on, instead of argue over. If you guys want something done, put that list together and get it into the right hands before the opportunity passes.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im sorry you feel that way all i said to fix a dead shard you need to bring people here and to do that you need to bring your poeple here o ill tell you the same thing anywhere wether its in vent or on the boards TNT needs to play siege

sorry you feel me telling you to bring your guild back to siege is 2 faced

i get taking a break but you took your whole guild with you on your break and then complain because theres nobody on siege when you took 10 poeple from siege

love you kat but damn i never said anything to put you down in my post i just said tnt needs to come back but alright im 2 faced sorry

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't take them, Sprago. It was a guild decision that we started looking into last year. We decided to stay and try to ride it out, but it got to the point that only 1 or 2 of us were ever logging in. After months of that, we called a guild meeting to discuss our options and our primary focus was to find something we could play together as a group. What we found isn't perfect, but it has renewed our interest for now and its keeping the majority of us together.

It wasn't an easy decision, but the bottom line is that if EA wants to retain our business, they need to start tending to the needs of Siege players. We stuck it out for five long years and we aren't coming back to the same old crap.

About being two faced... Maybe thats not the right term, I dunno, but we could have had the discussion in Vent. There has been plenty opportunity for you to talk to me there, but instead you say them here and sometimes, the things you have said didn't come across very nicely.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since no one wants to agree with anyone else's idea, I will say this man has it 99% correct.

As for Kelmo saying that factions killed siege, you are wrong. Yes the timing is somewhat close, but siege was dieing before the introduction of the faction arties. When the arties were introduced you saw alot of pvpers, pvping. When this happens it is good for everyone, crafters were making spare pieces of armor, pots, petals, darts, shurikens, and farmers were farming cloth for aids, other things. Then they drove the price of faction arties up. While it was good for some, those of us that dont die as often as others. Those that do die, gave up and quit because it was a waste of there time to farm for 4 hours a suit they would lose in an hour.
I have always believe SA is what killed siege. The combonation of hide/stealth/ninja and no passive detect is what buried siege. The current system is setup for passive detect, yet we dont have it. How is that not broken than? If you compile that with the new and improved tames that came with SA, you will see that shortly after SA is when siege started to die, well before the introduction of faction arties. 95% of the original waka that came here were gone long before the introduction of faction arties, they left mostly from the lameness that is stealth ninja tamers and real life.
I third this motion...everything is spot on IMHO!

Kelmo, I love your passion and it was your posts on Uhall that brought me to siege but you need to move forward, EA killed Siege...blame them not faction items.

I am having a great time where I am and isnt that what its all about...fun?

When Siege come backs so will I...and to Sprago, we did our time ...1 year on a dead shard with nothing to do but farm and train skills. TNT owes Siege nothing, EA owes us!!

Seacrest Out!

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealth is fine the way it is. Those that want passive detect or stealth changes are just being selfish and won't change their templates to get the skills to deal with stealthers.
Stealth is NOT fine the way it is! I remember Siege before the stealth changes and you actually saw people at banks and moongates and traveling along roads. When they made the changes to stealth, Siege started looking like a dead shard bc people started just stealthing everywhere.

I don't want to see changes to stealth for PvP purposes. I'd like to see changes so people are actually visable again. If that makes me selfish, then so be it.

P.S.- I know I quit, but after I take a much needed break I'd like to have a shard to come back to.

P.P.S- Do we really have to start these debates again? Isn't there a list somewhere with changes that the majority of agreed on that can be presented to Cal? I have to agree with Kat- all the arguing does is delay the possibility of getting changes.

B

Black magick

I play a thief. I know how lame stealth is. So tell me, even though I know you aren't going to because you can't come up with a rebuttal, how am I being selfish since I play a template that will take a big hit if passive detect were to be brought in?

@kage - I added blackrock to the list for the people who play maybe an hour or two a day and can't afford alacrity scrolls or want to risk it.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No clue where you all have been, but I've been doing nothing but PvP on this shard lately.

Kelmo, you don't know what you're talking about.

Siege is only dead because it doesn't have insurance, and people hate losing suits. Unfortunately, that reflects back onto the playstyle here, which is stealth, taming, and ninjitsu. Better to play it safe, right? (Wow, that doesn't contradict all the "If you can't handle siege then go back to trammel!" attitudes that the STEALTHERS have???)

A lot of people get tired of fighting it and stop playing. All you do is end up chasing someone around umbra bank while they smokebomb. What fun!

Fortunately, if we offer buybacks, people will keep playing. It is a form of insurance, but an awesome one at that!

Look at MV - we've been DESTROYING them for days, and they're still asking for fights! Sure they farm up plenty, but I also sell back their gear so we can keep playing...

Don't even try to blame shard-deadness on faction arties either, because we have had the hero and evil system since forever, which binds gear to a faction. All factions did was make gear actually obtainable, which is what you guys actually needed.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't want to see changes to stealth for PvP purposes. I'd like to see changes so people are actually visable again. If that makes me selfish, then so be it.
If thats the case, I would suggest removing house teleporters and the other house whateveritscalled that sends you to a bank or moongate. While I admit they are quite handy and nice to have, I never thought they were a good idea. Its no wonder we never see anyone roaming about when they can just teleport from place to place. I'll also admit that TnT has quite an expansive set of teleporters that will take us pretty much anywhere we want to go, without ever leaving a house.

If you really want to see other players again, those need to go.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No clue where you all have been, but I've been doing nothing but PvP on this shard lately.

Siege is only dead because it doesn't have insurance, and people hate losing suits. Unfortunately, that reflects back onto the playstyle here, which is stealth, taming, and ninjitsu. Better to play it safe, right? (Wow, that doesn't contradict all the "If you can't handle siege then go back to trammel!" attitudes that the STEALTHERS have???)

A lot of people get tired of fighting it and stop playing. All you do is end up chasing someone around umbra bank while they smokebomb. What fun!

Fortunately, if we offer buybacks, people will keep playing. It is a form of insurance, but an awesome one at that!

Look at MV - we've been DESTROYING them for days, and they're still asking for fights! Sure they farm up plenty, but I also sell back their gear so we can keep playing...

Don't even try to blame shard-deadness on faction arties either, because we have had the hero and evil system since forever, which binds gear to a faction. All factions did was make gear actually obtainable, which is what you guys actually needed.
You are living in a fantasy world if you really believe all that.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations on discovering the text size option!

It's pretty funny to see that you had nothing to say.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You and Kelmo is right, Faction did ruin Siege. I remember before we got Faction, Siege had 4 native factions
PK's/Noto PK's (Just killing for the kick and the loot)
RP PK's (undead, orcs, pirates and other roleplaying reds)
Anti PK's (Tryed to make justice on the shard and protect crafters and farmers)
Craft/Farmer guilds (Did try to fight back but mostly they would call the Anti PK's and sometimes the RP PK's to help)

Half of the shard was red, there was not alot advantages for being blue and all had alot of fun and the did help the community feeling too.

I had wished Faction to Hell sinse the day we got it, the shard was and will be much better without.

I don't know about "factions ruining Siege"; many things have done that. But I do otherwise agree with Kelmo. I hate factions.

Most PvPers complain about the current item-based game yet subscribe to a system which gives the biggest uber-items of all. If we did not have factions and went back to old-fashioned guild wars then it would be so much better. It would be much more accessible to casual PvPers and provide far more political interest to those who enjoy that sort of thing. One of my happiest memories on Siege was the guild war the WC fought with the aforementioned Waka Clan. Even though we we generally ended up being slaughtered, it was great fun. And I'm no PvPer. As it stands though, there is a huge disconnect between faction people and non-faction. Many WC members would be interested in PvPing as part of a non-faction guild, as we have before.

All these ideas of turning on artifact spawns seem fairly pointless whilst faction items exist, and will just serve to further debase the crafters of the shard by flooding the market with more items.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

You the one who don't know what you speak about

So wrong, first dead was when they removed tankmages + some other changes I forgot, whole GC (The Cabel) quit Siege because they had to rebuild their chars.

Then the biggest dead was when we got AoS, before that, you could buy a new suit for 1-2k and a weapon for 200-500gp and you could PvP with it and affort losing it. With AoS, GM armor and weapons become useless and PvP gear did cost so much more.
AoS is what killed Siege

Nope, they got tired of farming, doing BoDs and doing Heartwood quests to be able to PvP

Before AoS, they could buy a cheap suit and be ready for more in few mins.

Go back to Trammel if you need Item Insurance, Siege do not need it.
The crafters and farmers need customers.
If we get more crafters and farmers, PK and Anti PK guild will grow up around them and Siege will be alive.

Would it not be better to be able to buy a new useful insured suit for around 25k. You only need Faction artifacts because we still try to cure the damage AoS did to the game.
Imbuing had been great for Siege but it's still balanced for a shard with Item Insurance. Siege need much better access to inbuing resources. A upper suit should not cost 3-5 mills but maybe 500-1mill but it should not be that more powerful than a suit to 25-100k

Evil/Hero was not bound to faction in old days. It was not a very good system as it was abused too.

Siege would be a much better place without faction and factions items.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You the one who don't know what you speak about

So wrong, first dead was when they removed tankmages + some other changes I forgot, whole GC (The Cabel) quit Siege because they had to rebuild their chars.

Then the biggest dead was when we got AoS, before that, you could buy a new suit for 1-2k and a weapon for 200-500gp and you could PvP with it and affort losing it. With AoS, GM armor and weapons become useless and PvP gear did cost so much more.
AoS is what killed Siege

Nope, they got tired of farming, doing BoDs and doing Heartwood quests to be able to PvP

Before AoS, they could buy a cheap suit and be ready for more in few mins.

Go back to Trammel if you need Item Insurance, Siege do not need it.
The crafters and farmers need customers.
If we get more crafters and farmers, PK and Anti PK guild will grow up around them and Siege will be alive.

Would it not be better to be able to buy a new useful insured suit for around 25k. You only need Faction artifacts because we still try to cure the damage AoS did to the game.
Imbuing had been great for Siege but it's still balanced for a shard with Item Insurance. Siege need much better access to inbuing resources. A upper suit should not cost 3-5 mills but maybe 500-1mill but it should not be that more powerful than a suit to 25-100k

Evil/Hero was not bound to faction in old days. It was not a very good system as it was abused too.

Siege would be a much better place without faction and factions items.

All I got from that inane post was that you're poor and cannot afford suits/items the way they are now days. There is a fix for that btw...

So basically what you're wanting is a type of insurance? You want cheap suits readily available to everyone. SNAPS!!!

Think of it this way. If they removed faction artifacts the price of everything would skyrocket once again. What costs 500k-700k to buy back would go back to 3mill a suit. Remember when Crimsons were 400k per? They're 100k now that you can get a faction version. Remember Ornys? They were what... 500k or more before faction arties. Now they cost 250k for a buyback and less for a cursed.

Now imagine this scenario. Faction artifacts are gone. We are back to using regular arties/cursed arties. All the gear factioners use would be hero/evil dyed again and most of it wouldn't be usable to the non-faction populace. Everyone of you would be back on here complaining that factions is evil because of dye system.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trying to stay impartial on this, as I don't PVP, but lets face it guys and gals there won't be much changes to Factions for Siege, considering that a big update is in the works (one day). Obviously silver prices is a fixable issue.

I just don't see the benefit for Siege by going over old ground about how Factions killed Siege.

Remember guys and gals, we're here to help siege, not turning threads into argument about the past. Instead we need to look to the future and what can happen.

Probably going to be flamed by everyone, but fed up of seeing this in the forums and general chat for a shard I love.

I appreciate alot of you are very heated on this subject but it doesn't really get us anywhere.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freja, that entire post was a fail.

1. You said that Siege has been dead since AoS came out.

2. You said that people got tired of playing because they had to farm items.
- Stealth is probably the biggest debated issue on stratics (FACT)
- Doesn't this imply that insurance would fix the problem? (CONTRADICT?)

3. If the crafters need customers, why aren't they making the four pieces I requested for 3 million gold? Pre-AOS, the only money crafters made were 100GP for a GM halberd....

4. Sure, it would be fine to equip for 25k. In fact, you can! No one says you have to suit up in a 4m suit like I do! Let's refer back to pre-aos. Say I buy a +25 Vanq Hally with 50 charges of ghouls touch for 150k. Would I utterly destroy someone running a GM halberd? Yes! Is it fair? Yes! I find it hilarious that gear is always a topic here, because back in the pre-aos days, gear actually mattered MORE! Remember the dexxers running 80AR with magic reflect items, teleport items, invis items, and 25 vanq DP weps? I guess that stuff doesn't matter when it makes a naked mage with a GM hally look like nothing but a fly.

5. Faction artifacts and imbuing - I can see why you say its "healing" the damage done by AoS. In fact, I think imbuing is probably the best thing EA did since AoS. On an insurance shard pre-SA, it took players months to a year to suit out their character. On siege, it was the exact same, but you couldn't insure it! Faction artifacts and imbuing are definitely more beneficial to current-day gameplay than any other fix put in.

To end this post - I'm just going to say that I actually play, so I know wtf I'm talking about. Freja, since I started playing this game six years ago, I saw you once sitting in your house. That's it. So who are you to say that you know what you're talking about when you probably haven't PvP'd since SE? Get with the times, old lady!

Thanks.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
All I got from that inane post was that you're poor and cannot afford suits/items the way they are now days. There is a fix for that btw...
Not at all, I never used upper suits but I do use imbued suits, however Faction armor is so overpowered.
Sure some do want to win on any cost and will and can affort upper suits, that's fine as long they are not faction items or faction dyed.

So basically what you're wanting is a type of insurance? You want cheap suits readily available to everyone. SNAPS!!!
I won't call that insurance, with an insured suit, a player never need a new one and there won't be more work to the crafters.
With sheap insured crafters will be busy and PvP'ers can affort new gear.

If it was not for overpowered factions items a 100-200k imbued suit would be very useful in PvP. If we could get that price down to 25-50k. Some would still ubber suits, but they would still risk to lose it to a gank.

Think of it this way. If they removed faction artifacts the price of everything would skyrocket once again. What costs 500k-700k to buy back would go back to 3mill a suit. Remember when Crimsons were 400k per? They're 100k now that you can get a faction version. Remember Ornys? They were what... 500k or more before faction arties. Now they cost 250k for a buyback and less for a cursed.
I never cared for the price of most artifacts as I don't need a "Kill on any cost suit"
If you need it, it's ok as long it's not faction items. If they are needed, increase the drop of cursed.

Now imagine this scenario. Faction artifacts are gone. We are back to using regular arties/cursed arties. All the gear factioners use would be hero/evil dyed again and most of it wouldn't be usable to the non-faction populace. Everyone of you would be back on here complaining that factions is evil because of dye system.
Can't you unraw a faction dyed item? Else let add a plant dye that can remove any color, even faction dye, maybe make it a little expensive to make.
But best, remove the faction dye option

Sorry, I never liked faction.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah - the only ones I've seen that have any balls so far are MV, and DOTA looks promising. It's been a lot of fun lately, thanks guys!

B

Black magick

Don't you guys know better than to talk logically to freja by now? She'll always be stuck in the mindset "tomorrow will be better."

@Freja, I have yet to see you think anything is affecting population other than faction arties and **** that's happened in the past. Why? Is it because faction arties and the suits (that crafters mostly make) make the armor you want to wear in pvp look like it came from the trash? Do you really think your proposed fixes are gonna make **** easier to get? (Yea, going against what i wrote, but I want to see her try to come up with a rebuttal just once... I can dream ^^)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Freja, that entire post was a fail.

1. You said that Siege has been dead since AoS came out.
That's true, it had been dead sinse AoS

2. You said that people got tired of playing because they had to farm items.
- Stealth is probably the biggest debated issue on stratics (FACT)
- Doesn't this imply that insurance would fix the problem? (CONTRADICT?)
Sure stealth need a nerf too
No Insurance don't belong on Siege!

3. If the crafters need customers, why aren't they making the four pieces I requested for 3 million gold? Pre-AOS, the only money crafters made were 100GP for a GM halberd....

Because it take so long time and much work to get the relics and other resources to make it. You will need alot upper imbuing resources for that suit.
More arti drop will give cheaper relics and more drop of other imbuing resources would make them cheaper.
most imbuing resources do cost around 20k each and sometimes you use 10 for one mod on one piece, more if you fail.

4. Sure, it would be fine to equip for 25k. In fact, you can! No one says you have to suit up in a 4m suit like I do! Let's refer back to pre-aos. Say I buy a +25 Vanq Hally with 50 charges of ghouls touch for 150k. Would I utterly destroy someone running a GM halberd? Yes! Is it fair? Yes! I find it hilarious that gear is always a topic here, because back in the pre-aos days, gear actually mattered MORE! Remember the dexxers running 80AR with magic reflect items, teleport items, invis items, and 25 vanq DP weps? I guess that stuff doesn't matter when it makes a naked mage with a GM hally look like nothing but a fly.
Yes I remember, they called Lord Mark of UDL a vandering tresure chest. He rarely died but when he did, he lost mills, however he could affort it and the one who killed him could use the items or sell them.
Still, you could PvP in GM gear and skills did matter.

I sell several imbued mage or warrior suits for around 100k, I would love to be able to sell them for 25k so players who don't PvP to well still could have a nice farming suit and be able to replace it and poor PvP'ers still could have a useful suit.

Trust me, that would help the shard special if we got rif of overpowered faction items.

5. Faction artifacts and imbuing - I can see why you say its "healing" the damage done by AoS. In fact, I think imbuing is probably the best thing EA did since AoS. On an insurance shard pre-SA, it took players months to a year to suit out their character. On siege, it was the exact same, but you couldn't insure it! Faction artifacts and imbuing are definitely more beneficial to current-day gameplay than any other fix put in.
The diff between factions items and imbued items are, factioms items is from a npc system and do make the crafters and farmers busy.
You do not need factions items, you need cheaper PvP gear from the crafters.

To end this post - I'm just going to say that I actually play, so I know wtf I'm talking about. Freja, since I started playing this game six years ago, I saw you once sitting in your house. That's it. So who are you to say that you know what you're talking about when you probably haven't PvP'd since SE? Get with the times, old lady!
I do have a RL too. I had been here for almost 11 years, I had seen the shard alive before AoS, you had not!
And yes I had PvP'ed, but I both speak as a crafter and as a PvP'er.

I sure did PvP in the past, when I was UDL and before that. I had been red for 10 years, only the last year, I had been blue.

I don't hang out in the towns, maybe that why you don't see me and I sure hate Luna.

And yes I'm 55 years and female so I will never be a hardcore PvP'er, I'm to slow for that but I think I do ok.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing that suit sure seems a lot easier than farming BODs for 10 years to get the same four pieces, no? I'm sure it would take a crafter 1% of the time to make that suit than it did pre-SA. Seems well worth the gold IMO, especially if you have resources laying around.

Just saying!

Now that everything cleared up here, get the hell off the forums and start PvPing.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite simply, factions stink in my opinion:

1) Factions divide what is already a desperately small shard community into two.

2) Factions deny many non or casual PvPers from dipping their toe into the water in that area. They may be willing to try it out as part of a normal guild war, but they are not going to go down the faction route because of the mechanics which stop them PvMing normally with their non-faction friends.

3) Factions reduce the difficulty of PvM, just like the stupid greater dragons have, by the use of Holy Shield. This is totally abused by factioneers and is not used as was intended.

4) Factions provide no political or RP interest for those that care about such things. Who the hell are these stupid factions anyway? What if you don't want to be "allied" to guilds which are otherwise mortal enemies?

5) Thanks to our wonderful Devs, factions have now introduced a new level of powerful items into the arms race.

Siege PvPers are often, quite rightfully in many cases, complaining about certain mechanics. In all probability the Devs are never going to fix these properly. If we used a normal guild wars system, then as well as addressing the points above the shard would have some means of regulating things on its own. It could be made clear that, say, PvP tamers are not acceptable to the majority and any guild abusing it could be taken out of the war.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to change factions and remove factions items then I say we also remove Guardzone from Siege.

Guard Zone stinks In my opinion...

That's the only reason any of you dislike factions... You want to same benefit that factions offer but you also want the guardzone at the same time.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Many crafters and newbies need some safe places, gaurdzones need to stay at least in the maintowns.

But attacking a red or looting a red should flag you grey to all reds for some mins, just like in old Evil system.

A blue non agressive crafter should be safe in town.

R

Rothen

I am fairly content with things as they are now since I only PvM. If they added a 2nd char slot option and allowed sacred journey, I'd be happy as a pig in poop, lol. It seems the majority of those who are dissatisfied with UO and Siege are the players who engage in PvP mainly. So there must be something broke with that system and that is what needs sorted out to bring life back to the shard.
Factions, stealth and pets seem to be the biggest pet peeves out there right now...
Are there any dev posts discussing the changes to factions, i.e what changes are proposed and what the implementation schedule looks like?
IMHO stealth is prety ********. It should only work against mobs, and maybe against other players for those who are actual theives. So if you don't have snooping/pickpocket on your template at the very least you should appear as a ghost to other players, and stealthed to mobs. The idea that someone can run buy me in game while stealthing and go completely unnoticed is really assinine. It is like a form of insurance really for those that don't want to chance losing their suit.
To fix the pet issue, make them 'guard me' only and refuse orders to attack another player unless their tamer is attacked first. Just my .02 as a possible fix.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I am fairly content with things as they are now since I only PvM. If they added a 2nd char slot option and allowed sacred journey, I'd be happy as a pig in poop, lol.
It would be fine to allowed sacred journey and recall as long they add a delay of 30 sec, where you have to stand still and can't do or take damage.

Are there any dev posts discussing the changes to factions, i.e what changes are proposed and what the implementation schedule looks like?
If there are, the changes may not fit Siege, they may even hurt Siege. Remove Faction as whole would be the best for Siege.

Remove 3 x prices too, as they make regs and gems to expensive on Siege

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, really Freja? A delay of 30 seconds?

Its ideas like this that are just completely stupid. What does this due to make the system tougher? Annoying wait times does not make anything tougher.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to change factions and remove factions items then I say we also remove Guardzone from Siege.

Guard Zone stinks In my opinion...

That's the only reason any of you dislike factions... You want to same benefit that factions offer but you also want the guardzone at the same time.
That has always been my vote. Siege is supposed to be dangerous. People should be freely attackable anywhere.

Remove factions, remove guardzones and remove private housing (not storage, just the ability to be safe in a house). That is my solution to fixing Siege.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
LOL, really Freja? A delay of 30 seconds?

Its ideas like this that are just completely stupid. What does this due to make the system tougher? Annoying wait times does not make anything tougher.
(Allow recall with a delay)
Maybe 30 sec is to much, maybe 15 is enough. Sure aggressores can't recall away but doubt you will want to see your victims recall away when they see you. Recall would still be useful for traveling but not for escape :lol:

B

Black magick

Quite simply, factions stink in my opinion:

1) Factions divide what is already a desperately small shard community into two.

2) Factions deny many non or casual PvPers from dipping their toe into the water in that area. They may be willing to try it out as part of a normal guild war, but they are not going to go down the faction route because of the mechanics which stop them PvMing normally with their non-faction friends.

3) Factions reduce the difficulty of PvM, just like the stupid greater dragons have, by the use of Holy Shield. This is totally abused by factioneers and is not used as was intended.

4) Factions provide no political or RP interest for those that care about such things. Who the hell are these stupid factions anyway? What if you don't want to be "allied" to guilds which are otherwise mortal enemies?

5) Thanks to our wonderful Devs, factions have now introduced a new level of powerful items into the arms race.

Siege PvPers are often, quite rightfully in many cases, complaining about certain mechanics. In all probability the Devs are never going to fix these properly. If we used a normal guild wars system, then as well as addressing the points above the shard would have some means of regulating things on its own. It could be made clear that, say, PvP tamers are not acceptable to the majority and any guild abusing it could be taken out of the war.
1. Only on the issue of faction arties, not as a whole.

2. You seem to be under the impression that if faction arties weren't here any more that pvp would be easier. Not the case in the least. You think most of the people who wear decked gear don't have the money or the items to make the same suit again without the faction items? I bet most do.

3. Its intended feature is for monsters not to attack you... I don't see why you think its being abused or its effects (which are clearly stated) are unintended.

4. Most don't care about Siege politics, because there really isn't such a thing except for in guilds. RP can be made, you just have to be creative. Join a different faction, nobody says you're allied just that you have a few common enemies.

5. Without faction arties the "arms race" was won by what is now the BFF alliance.

@Freja, dumb idea. 30 second timer removes most of the point. And during that time you said they don't take damage??? Why the hell should a person be invulnerable when casting an escape spell?

Agreed with Kage and Vortex.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
@Freja, dumb idea. 30 second timer removes most of the point. And during that time you said they don't take damage??? Why the hell should a person be invulnerable when casting an escape spell?

Agreed with Kage and Vortex.
I did mean, if they did move, take damage or do something else, the recall would fizzle.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys come up with some pretty ******** ideas. Remove private housing? Completely remove the "PVP" system from a "PVP" shard? 30 second recalls? Do you hear yourselves?! If you really want to play pre-AOS, spend 5 minutes on google and you'll find what you're looking for.

Perhaps the people who have no clue what they're talking about on the issue of PvP are the reason we have 25 page debate threads every four days. If I were a dev I couldn't figure it what we want either... You know, I'd probably brush it under the rug for a few years...

FIX PASSIVE DETECT

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to bother arguing with you, Black Magic. Just pointing out that if the Devs won't fix PvP the way everyone wants, there is a way for the PvP community to try and do something about it if they would only work together for the better good. But that is not something the PvP community is known for.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread makes me sad. It's obvious that if the issues are going to be addressed, it's going to be the Devs who come up with the solution to the problems we highlight. You will see the same problems that come up over and over again and everyone is only arguing is over how to fix the problems.

The big ticket problems in no particular order.

1. Stealth/Ninjitsu/Detect

2. Faction silver prices are too high

3. Non-faction artifact items not being available enough. Siege players risk more in PvM than any other server, yet are rewarded the same as every other server. Risk versus Reward is out of wack.

4. Blessed items that made it through via new content that should not have been blessed.

Now I don't care what any of you think about how each of these issues needs to be addressed, but EVERY one of these issues needs to be addressed in one way or another. Period. That is crystal clear.

Since we cannot agree unanimously on how each of these needs to be fixed... we can start by compiling possible solutions for each issue and let the Devs decide which they want to implement.

I'm short on time, but I will do it at a later time if no one else steps up to the plate.

B

Black magick

I'm not going to bother arguing with you, Black Magic. Just pointing out that if the Devs won't fix PvP the way everyone wants, there is a way for the PvP community to try and do something about it if they would only work together for the better good. But that is not something the PvP community is known for.
What you call "the better good" is only serving your own interests and will NOT help people who are wanting to try out pvp. See freelsy's post about the former and current prices of good items. Removing faction gear will make armor prices skyrocket and we aren't in an age where pvping in normal gm gear is feasible anymore. Now, before you think that I'm only serving my own interests in this as well; take a look at the list I posted at the beginning of the thread.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys come up with some pretty ******** ideas. Remove private housing? Completely remove the "PVP" system from a "PVP" shard? 30 second recalls? Do you hear yourselves?! If you really want to play pre-AOS, spend 5 minutes on google and you'll find what you're looking for.
Actually, you are wrong on several things. First of all, Siege is a Veteran Shard, not a PVP shard. If it was a PVP shard, why bother to spawn monsters? Look at the history, it was not intended to be pvp only as you and several others like to pretend.

Secondly, factions does not make pvp. What makes pvp is the ability to attack anyone, anywhere. Several people have stated that the big deal with factions is it gets around the guardzone. Well, the the easy solution is to remove factions and guardzones. You dont like it because it removes the faction arties, faction runes and other "perks" that have nothing to do with real pvp. At least, thats the only reason I can see that you would want factions instead of being able to attack EVERYONE. You have been red for years, why does that not make sense to you? Think on it - attack anyone you want, anytime.

I'm not saying to go back to AOS, I'm saying lets have pvp involving everyone, everywhere instead of factions which designed for shards that have trammel. Make Siege what it should be - a highly dangerous, non-consensual shard.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, you are wrong on several things. First of all, Siege is a Veteran Shard, not a PVP shard. If it was a PVP shard, why bother to spawn monsters? Look at the history, it was not intended to be pvp only as you and several others like to pretend.
Spot on. I've said this a hundred times before and it never seems to sink in.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem is, everyone here is a vagina.

So unless it is consensual PvP, they don't leave the house.

True story.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem is, everyone here is a vagina.

So unless it is consensual PvP, they don't leave the house.

True story.
But, doesn't prove my point of making houses not private? Which you called a "******** idea"?

Think of it, everyone is attackable, everywhere, everytime. I can't see how that is not better pvp then what factions currently offers. Yeah, we can lower silver and make tons of other adjustments to factions and SOME people will join factions but I still think its easier and better to remove "safe zones" from Siege.

Maybe I'm wrong, but its seems to me a simple change since they have turned off guardzones in the past. Admittedly, the housing may be a lot harder.

B

Black magick

It would be a worthwhile addition only if they added passive detect. I can see pretty much everyone, who hasn't already, adding stealth should houses be made public. Along with a LOT of pancakes from pvmers probably.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be a worthwhile addition only if they added passive detect. I can see pretty much everyone, who hasn't already, adding stealth should houses be made public. Along with a LOT of pancakes from pvmers probably.
I disagree, I'm primarily a pvm'er and I'm one of the leaders of the largest pvm guild on Siege. What you aren't thinking about is that pvmers on Siege ENJOY the risk, otherwise they would be on prodo shards.

I understand your point about passive detect, but at the same time, I would use the same arguement I have heard many pvp'ers say - adapt, use conflag pots, run detect on your template, use poison strike, or many of the other ways to counteract stealth. I'm personally not a big fan of nerfing a stealthers 180-220 point commitment, and I think there are game mechanics in place that can be used against stealthers. After all, a pk should have to work for their kill a little bit at least...

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, REMOVE GUARDZONES AND FACTIONS COMPLETELY

See dude? You really think that is even a possibility? Do you know that wouldn't fix anything?

You realize that without guardzones, people have more of a reason to not leave their house or interact with other players. Remember that 99% of the ****ty PvP this shard used to have completely centered at the east luna guardzone line.

Since factions make guardzones disappear, let me be the first to tell you that not a single fight I've had has been non-consensual. That kind of blows your "no GZ = more non-consensual PvP" line out of the water, no?

Do you also realize that factions allow less skilled PvPers such as yourself to equip easier after death, in turn creating more PvP? Before factions there was a disgustingly large gap gear-wise between the rich and the poor.

Don't assume I can't play without faction arties, when I've been equipping to win before faction arties were even thought of.....

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Please stop trying.

Oh btw, if any devs are reading this thread they're seeing:

Remove factions
remove guardzones
keep guardzones
lower silver costs
enable recall but make last 30 seconds - all the while - you're invincible
take away private housing (this doesn't prevent house hiding, dude. Nice one)

No wonder **** doesn't get done.

You **** me off because you don't make sense, and I feel like it's hindering any possible fixes that we need. Go play secondage if you don't like how much the game has changed. A lot of people like it!

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, REMOVE GUARDZONES AND FACTIONS COMPLETELY

See dude? You really think that is even a possibility? Do you know that wouldn't fix anything?

You realize that without guardzones, people have more of a reason to not leave their house or interact with other players. Remember that 99% of the ****ty PvP this shard used to have completely centered at the east luna guardzone line.

Since factions make guardzones disappear, let me be the first to tell you that not a single fight I've had has been non-consensual. That kind of blows your "no GZ = more non-consensual PvP" line out of the water, no?

Do you also realize that factions allow less skilled PvPers such as yourself to equip easier after death, in turn creating more PvP? Before factions there was a disgustingly large gap gear-wise between the rich and the poor.

Don't assume I can't play without faction arties, when I've been equipping to win before faction arties were even thought of.....

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Please stop trying.

Oh btw, if any devs are reading this thread they're seeing:

Remove factions
remove guardzones
keep guardzones
lower silver costs
enable recall but make last 30 seconds - all the while - you're invincible
take away private housing (this doesn't prevent house hiding, dude. Nice one)

No wonder **** doesn't get done.

You **** me off because you don't make sense, and I feel like it's hindering any possible fixes that we need. Go play secondage if you don't like how much the game has changed. A lot of people like it!
Did you even read my post?

1. I said remove safety in houses. So there goes your first point. And I'm confused, if you can enter someones house and kill them, how does it not stop house hiding?

2. Well, duh, in factions there are no non-consensual fights, so I'm not even sure what your second point was. To have a non-consensual fight you would have to kill someone not in factions...

3. I used to kill you all the time when I was KSS and you were Crunch in VMP, so insulting my pvp skills are kinda silly. Amazingly, with all the item based stuff that has come since then, which I refuse to use, I can no longer kill you. Co-incidence? Or maybe I'm just getting old and slow.

4. Notice how I can reply with respect and not resort to insults and cursing, you should try it sometime.

By the way, I'm not complaining about the changes, I'm promoting new ones!

Now, without lowering yourself by using insults and such, how about giving me a logical reason why this is a bad idea.

I'm not hindering anything. I'm giving an opinion, something everyone is entitled to. Now, are the devs gonna read your rant filled with *'s or are they going to listen to people who give opinions in calm rational ways?

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Removal of faction arties is the dumbest idea I've seen that will just allow players like my self, soulweaver, Forsaken, Diablo, and several others to just dominate.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
They don't read my posts either... I do not believe I have ever promoted getting rid of factions. Just the crappy artifact system as is.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Removal of faction arties is the dumbest idea I've seen that will just allow players like my self, soulweaver, Forsaken, Diablo, and several others to just dominate.
Aren't the people you named dominating now for the most part anyway?

I really don't see that changing regardless of prices being lowered, faction arties being removed, or any of the other ideas I have read.

The top pvp'ers will remain the top pvp'ers regardless. Think about it, what makes the best pvp'ers - Connection Speed, Timing, Reflexes, and Knowledge of game mechanics - none of which is going to change by anything EA does.