• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

item turn ins???

• Thread starter imported_captainobvious
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_captainobvious

is this something that is happening? or just rumors of what could possibly happen? i searched some of the uhall forums for an hour, but didnt see anything concrete either way.... just a few people stating opinions.

anyone know anything?

C

chretain32

They have posted the info on UO.com and Im sure here on stratics now.

I knew they would give me snake skin boots!!!!

G

It's crap... I have an old account that I just reactivated that had a TON of silver fencing weapons. They're all still there, but don't say silver anymore, and don't have ANY magical properties, either - just regular old spears, krisses, etc.... I'm wondering if they'll qualify?

J

Jerry Seinfeld

No sir, unless they literally say "Vanquishing (insert weapon name)" "Power (Weapon type)"

Your 'Silver' items are now 'Undead Slayer' type. The old Ruin/Might/Force/Power/Vanquishing tags (and also the old armor tags, I won't discuss this) were removed from weapons. Conversion equates to a damage increase of 35% on old prepatch vanquishing weapons.

Trust me, I was a little upset when my 'exceedingly accurate, indestructible silver warfork of vanquishing' turned into a bunch of text and percentages.

The weapons for trade-ins came from the orc invasion of britannia and the magincia invasion (sad day for me, I really liked that town). I definitely will not be trading in my Staff of Pyros for these new items.

Don't feel entirely bad, Catskills Boy; I lost a few (full) chests of the weapons a while back and I'm slightly disappointed I need them over 2 years after being told we'd be able to do some sort of neat enhancements or modifications to them (which never happened).

Back to the rift at Moonglow I go! I still need to find something to trade in for the RBG sash set.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No sir, unless they literally say "Vanquishing (insert weapon name)" "Power (Weapon type)"

Your 'Silver' items are now 'Undead Slayer' type. The old Ruin/Might/Force/Power/Vanquishing tags (and also the old armor tags, I won't discuss this) were removed from weapons. Conversion equates to a damage increase of 35% on old prepatch vanquishing weapons.

Trust me, I was a little upset when my 'exceedingly accurate, indestructible silver warfork of vanquishing' turned into a bunch of text and percentages.

The weapons for trade-ins came from the orc invasion of britannia and the magincia invasion (sad day for me, I really liked that town). I definitely will not be trading in my Staff of Pyros for these new items.

Don't feel entirely bad, Catskills Boy; I lost a few (full) chests of the weapons a while back and I'm slightly disappointed I need them over 2 years after being told we'd be able to do some sort of neat enhancements or modifications to them (which never happened).

Back to the rift at Moonglow I go! I still need to find something to trade in for the RBG sash set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep... I need to look through them - I collected the silver fencing weapons as Liches were my favorite prey... I had a couple of Vanquishing, but can't remember if those were left in the house or not when I quit UO. I just have a few chests full of OLD weapons in the bank that I need to sort through. I even still had my...... black sandals - about 20 pair - they're still there. Think I'll start a new thread, but are clothing bless deeds still around?

J

Jerry Seinfeld

The CBD's are still around, and are available through the Bulk Order Deed (BOD) system with Tailoring. Those old black sandals you have, I'd hold onto if I were you. The old way of getting them doesn't work anymore, and any unique colors are hard to find that aren't Age of Shadows-apology items.

If you have any old blessed stuff, check to see if it's got [blessed] at the top and again [blessed] at the bottom.

Blessed in [brackets] should be on old prepatch (ie, the deeds applied a long long time ago) , and the singular Blessed is obtained through using the deeds nowadays.

If you have item bless deeds, hang on to them. They're very useful and/or valuable anymore.

Also, if you have any 'of exceptional quality' tagged items, 'a (insert item name) of exceptional quality' also double tagged with 'exceptional' or 'Sewn by', especially hang onto the 'Sewn by'. Those were only made a very very limited period of time and few are willing to part with them.

Just remember, don't go giving away that stuff for even a lot of gold. When you quit, 1 million may have seemed like a lot, but Gold's pretty worthless in-game these days (for example, I saw a +20 evaluating intelligence scroll for some rediculous amount over 12 million gold), and I'd much rather see you hold on to what's left of our sentimental and ancient UO heritage.

Regarding which, many of the rares sites won't have items as such listed as the only difference will be the old tagging styles, which is what makes them unique and irreplaceable.

Any old weapons with Feeblemind, Paralyze charges, ect, are also pre-patch and pretty old at that (think just around publish 16ish or so when the Evil In A Can -champ spawn- system was first created)... You may remember the latter as, "Ghoul's Touch" as the effect for the weapon.

Especially keep anything that says 'A Magic (item name)'. Those are the old over-identified items that stuck that way a long time ago and somehow it stayed with them through the changes.

Whilst these are not turn-ins, they're a heck of a lot more unique, rarer, and a pretty neat way to make people double back when they check your paperdoll.

It may take some time, however, to adjust to the occasional person attempting to ask (and sometimes demand) you sell them your robe or old weapons.

Back on topic, now.

I think since Draconi says this is apparently the first phase of the clean-up, that as things progress more ways to contribute to the effort, and perhaps new things to trade in will gradually become available to us.

I don't think Draconi's one to leave everyone else hanging, for that matter. Consider that a lot of us missed out on the Ophidian invasions (well, not the first ones that happened in Delucia a long time ago, but the new ones), the Burning of Magincia, and the Rift in Moonglow.

I know a large number of people didn't get any cloaks for example, in the rift, namely due to the Armageddon spam that made getting a cloak relatively difficult at times for those of us that really didn't use the stuff ...

(I used a pebble out of curiosity since I hadn't cast it at all up until now, wasn't impressed because out-damaging was attainable for me without such a waste of what averaged out to be an over-priced greedy cheap-shot at a Shadowlord).

I think the best parts of the events and turn-ins are yet to come...

Totally OT: Does anyone think that the Shadowlords might have wanted to get blackrock or it's power so badly that they intentionally lured us into the gate, knowing we'd use it on them there?

If blackrock is such a potent magic capacitor (best analogy would be a Magic Sponge I suppose), wouldn't the huge shock waves we blasted into the void potentially give it enough power to make them Corporeal instead of Ethereal, thus allowing them to attack the realm and destroy us all at some point?

What if in wearing the cloaks of corruption, since they DO leech FROM us massively in the corporeal realm, we're inadvertently fueling some sort of Shadowlord invasion? What if our characters are permanently corrupted from the cloaks and shadowlords start possessing everyone who wore one/owns one?

After getting Blackrock Infected from a measly little piece of blackrock, who's to say the Rift didn't rub off on everyone that entered it?

I asked a friend about this, and he said he won't even touch/carry one of the cloaks now after hearing my perspective.

Sorry....I've been trying to piece this together since the blackrock detector imploded, don't want to bore you all with my antics.

END OT.