• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Item Identification

U

Urk of LS

Playing around with SA leaves me a question. Will I need Item ID for use with Imbuing??

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Playing around with SA leaves me a question. Will I need Item ID for use with Imbuing??
No but item id with imbuing on the same temp will tell you what any item will unravel into and if you can unravel it but once a list comes out (and it will ) you will already know without using ID and as far as i am aware there is no bonus to chance ...although it hasn't been tested to my knowledge

there is a formula .. not sure how accurate and its posted here somewhere but i think its over 400 points and it gives relic and there is a break down of how to figure it i think

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Storm mentioned above, item ID (used on an item) will tell you whether an item will unravel into residue, essence or relic fragments.

(it's really just a little shortcut around doing the calculations by hand, but it lets you keep up with any rule tweaks that are made)

A

Annienox

Will all of those item id wands from the past work for this insted?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Will all of those item id wands from the past work for this insted?
I would think so but there was no way to test it ! I had no wands on retribution shard to use to find out

U

Urk of LS

Radix,

Prior to AoS, Item ID was used to ID Magic Items, It used to be that when you looted you would get an Item, say, a Long Sword and all you would know was that it was a Magic Longsword. You would need Item ID to find out it was a Supremley acurate Long sword of Vanquishing.

But when AoS was launched everything came as ID'd and therefore the skill became useless.

U

Urk of LS

Holy Cow its good to know I remembered it basically right. WOOT !!

A

Annienox

It's amazing what we can pull from the far back shelf in the dusty corner's of our brains and yet I still don't know what I did with my !%$@#$% keys!!! LOL