• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) "Itchy-Scratchy" Memorial Tournament of SOS-Madness...

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
"Itchy-Scratchy" Memorial Tournament of SOS-Madness...
Sponsored by Convent of the Dark Moon (CTDM) and the Kingdom of Dawn (DWN)

Are you the fastest at casting a fishing pole?

Have a good sense of direction and speed?

Master of Latitude and Longitude?

Able to decipher water-smudged writing found in a bottle?

Come and prove it at the “Itchy-Scratchy” Memorial Tournament of SOS-Madness…, which starts at Sunday, April 17th at 4 PM PST (7 PM EST) at the Floating Emporium, Trammel.

Pre-registration is required so that we know how many SOS bags will have to be prepared. Your goal is to locate and fish up all the SOS’s in your bag as fast as possible and return to the starting point. The SOS’s were sorted into geographic regions and 2 SOS’s will be pulled out of each bag without opening the bag and the SOS up. They have been doubled checked so there should be no SOS locations that you can’t get to, think – Fire Isle, but just in case one slips in, you will be able to exchange the bad SOS for a new one.

You must sail from the starting point to all the SOS locations and then return to the starting point. You are not allowed to dry dock your boat, recall, and then place your boat again. You will have display evidence of all the SOS’s that you fished up.

The gold and other items in the chest are yours to keep.

(Spaced reserved for prize information which will be added later.)

You may register by reply to this message with the name of the fisherman or fisherwoman that will be participating in the event.

Yalp & WildStar

Y

Yalp

Wildstar has been scratching her head trying to figure out what to do with the thousands of SOS's bequeathed to CTDM by Itjchi, a well now resident of Baja who left the world of Brittania after a 10 year run! So come out, bring your best fishermen and hoist a few brews in honor of "Itchy-scratchy" and all our friends who have passed through the UO Portal!

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Just a reminder that you need to register either in-game with Yalp or myself or reply here. We need to know how many SOS bags we need to prepare.

WildStar

T

Town Guard Leithia

I'd like to sign up. I might be late but as soon as the SRT's are done I'll start.

Thanks for doing this!

Fig_The_Ancient

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you wild for this GREAT event....you folks dont know what you missed.,...lol..Grats to all winners....(I only came in third..and I suck).....I had a blast....thanx again W....
:twak:

T

Town Guard Leithia

Great event! If it wasn't for Ms. Bug dropping underwater bombs everywhere she went I'm sure someone else would have won instead of her.

Needless to say nothing would have helped move me up from last place.:loser:

Thanks again Yalp and Wildstar. Don't wait too long before doing it again!!!

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I am glad that you all had fun and enjoyed the challenge.

Congratulations to all of you.

The winner was Mrs. Bug who come in 54 minutes after we started the group off. First prize was: 3 million gold pieces, Charger of the Fallen, a green 2-story ruined banner, craftable soulstone fragment and a valorite pegasus statuette engraved with "Mrs. Bug - Fastest Fishing Pole in the world!".

Coming in second was Torg the Fisherman at one hour and 4 minutes. Second prize was: 2 million gold pieces, a red ruined tapestry, craftable soulstone fragment, the mouse set - a deed for a mouse hole and Sherry the Mouse statue, & a gold pegasus statuette engraved with "Torg - 2nd Fastest Fishing Pole in the world!".

Fig the Ancient came in 3rd with a time of one hour and 7 minutes. His prize was 1 million gold pieces, a white skull, craftable soulstone fragment, a deeded item from Spring Cleaning 2008 and a shadow pegasus statuette engraved with "Fig the Ancient - 3rd Fastest Fishing Pole in the world!".

Bass came in 4th and received a craftable soulstone fragment and 2 deeded items from Spring Cleaning 2008. Frigin Azim was 5th and Leithia came in 6th. Each of them received one deeded item from Spring Cleaning 2008.

Most of the prizes were provided by CTDM, while the granite statues are from the Kingdom of Dawn.

WildStar

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pictures!

Oh, and I couldn't help myself...

I'm a master of the LONGitude...if you know what I mean.

Ladies! Call me!

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*shakes head at Super Ken*

I am surprised it took this long for people for go THERE!

*smiles*

WildStar