• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It Is T-Patch Day!

G

I've decided TC3 Patch Day can be shortered to just T-Patch Day. What do you think?

TC3 is going down in, uhhh, 5 mins. Sorry for the short notice! We don't expect downtime to be longer than an hour. Please keep an eye out on the dev blog for version notes.

Whee! T-Patch Day!

G

I think it sounds good .. but I'm a fan of abbreviations.

I'd call it TPD.

Tee Pee Dee.

G

Is it just me or is Parizard a bit over excited about patching to TC3? lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she's too exicted, I like the new name Parizard!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...Let's see TPTB hard at work testing out the latest TC3 toys.......

Now you see that "t" patch really means....'Tub' Patch.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Eep. I'm not sure I can handle the missing Cee. Tee Cee Pee Dee?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Then again... saying
Tee Cee Three Pee Dee is kinda fun.

(then again I'm obviously a fan of double e's so...)
heehee

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm excited about everything these days. Heck I'm even excited about my cup of half full tea.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

But... if we leave out the Cee, we can get away with TP Day!

G

LOL That is what I was thinking. I like TP Day LOL
Who's house gets hit first?

G

*Goes to Costco and loads up*

Ok. I am ready. Town Hall first? lol

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

I'm excited about everything these days. Heck I'm even excited about my cup of half full tea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm....is your tea half full or half empty?

G

TC3 is back up, but it is internal. Don't let the online status fool you. Will keep you updated!

I

imported_SimTripps

Can't log in to TC3. The loader gets to 50% then suddenly the screen disappears lol...

G

I cant get past entering my login as soon as I do the window poofs.

G

I'm getting to 100% and then an error message "TSO has stopped working"

H

hollythor

um Nikki? I might sound stupid here, but....What is T-Patch day all about?
LOL thanks

G

Normal update day for TC3
Pari being silly=T-Patch.

OK if i login without the -r800x600 I get stuck at 35%...so far.

G

I tried updating to EA Land then back to TC3 but had same thing happen, login gets to 100% and error message pops up that it's stopped working. I'm on Vista and this happens with both patch and with client.

G

Same thing happening to me.. Log in.. then POOF screen disappears... both with client and patch. It did do the update though the first time I went in..

G

Same thing here. I type in my acct and pass, it loads to 100% then I get the "TSO has stopped working" error and Windows shuts it down. I've tried it on the patch and the client, tried it on Run As Administer (Windows Vista Business)and even tried running in windows XP compatability. Uninstalled, reinstalled, did it all over again and still not getting in.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Hrmm. I had no problem updating TC3 and logged right in. I don't patch back and forth. I have one game installation for TC3 and another separate installation for EA-land. Logging in with client will never get you an update patch. Must login with just TSO.exe. You might try rebooting computer to make sure buddy.exe has been released by windows, so that when you login with patch you are getting a clean game launch.

G

<blockquote><hr>

um Nikki? I might sound stupid here, but....What is T-Patch day all about?
LOL thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the original post in this thread.

Guys, thanks for the feedback. We're looking into the issues. Please keep us updated.

G

Im on XP ... dont even get the error message.. Just goes POOF.. but yes loads to 100% first then Poof...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Im on XP ... dont even get the error message.. Just goes POOF.. but yes loads to 100% first then Poof...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on XP also (Vista =
LOL) and patched back to TC3 from EAL fine, selected the sim I wanted but then stuck at 35% entering the city. Will be watching to see what's up. Been doing other Wednesday stuff or I woulda checked sooner and reported that it wasn't just Niki LOL.

N

Natalius Lynn

On my desktop computer, I get into the city, but I can't enter houses and I tend to crash to desktop. BUT on my laptop, I can't even get into the city, I get stuck at 35% and it goes nowhere.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hrmm. I had no problem updating TC3 and logged right in. I don't patch back and forth. I have one game installation for TC3 and another separate installation for EA-land. Logging in with client will never get you an update patch. Must login with just TSO.exe. You might try rebooting computer to make sure buddy.exe has been released by windows, so that when you login with patch you are getting a clean game launch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ater reading this I tried again using TSOClient.exe instead of Patch, same result.
was thinking that might be a workaround.

G

I tried to get into EAland.. and got stuck at 35% after login... so wonder if same issue going on there too....

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I patched just fine, updater up date of 578.2kb and TC3 update of 8.4mb, everything worked fine until I got the latest patch. I always log in with the patch (aka tso.exe) first, since its the only one that will allow me to choose from my three AVs (the client greys out the other two). Rebooting didn't help. I always reboot after in unistall something and then again after installing something. Windows had an update today (Group Policy Preference Client Side Extensions for Windows Vista [KB943729]) so maybe that's conflicting with the TC3 update? Can't see how though.

Since I've made my other post, I tried working with my firewall (McAfee) to see if maybe the problem was with that. I turned it off completely, the game went to the acct password screen, loaded to 100% then froze just like before with the error that its stopped working. Set my firewall to not launch at startup and rebooted to try again, again the same thing happened. This is with BOTH the tso.exe AND the client. Maybe a solution will come up later.

G

Just tried again, different than before, now it goes to 50%, stops responding for a bit then it's back to login.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried again after reading this and now can't even get anywhere, it just says 'the server is down, try again later'......so nope, problem not fixed

G

this is funny my bro got in a-ok i loggin OFFLINE whats happening

G

got that too.. then retried went to 50% got stuck then back to log in tried again.. went to 100 and Poof again..

I

imported_Mavric

Damn, thought this thread had something to do with bras. hmmmm, oh well,
Happy T-Patch Day anyway.

Mavric

J

jafo1972

I just hope this isn't another of those "bug fixes" that turns out to be someone made a mistake, like when free accounts were locked out of skill/money houses.

Edit: got in fine in normal mode but window mode shuts down instead of going to the city view. I put in my login info and it progresses up to 100%. When it should be showing me my avatars, it shuts down.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've decided TC3 Patch Day can be shortered to just T-Patch Day. What do you think?

TC3 is going down in, uhhh, 5 mins. Sorry for the short notice! We don't expect downtime to be longer than an hour. Please keep an eye out on the dev blog for version notes.

Whee! T-Patch Day!

[/ QUOTE ]It must be Wednesday!

*goes to check Windows Update*

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

I just hope this isn't another of those "bug fixes" that turns out to be someone made a mistake, like when free accounts were locked out of skill/money houses.

Edit: got in fine in normal mode but window mode shuts down instead of going to the city view. I put in my login info and it progresses up to 100%. When it should be showing me my avatars, it shuts down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am having the same problem with windows mode. Full screen worked, but it left me hanging at 35% after I picked a sim.

G

My loggin isnt going past 35, 50 or 66 wont go 100 (logging into the city)

J

jafo1972

Now I'm getting hung at 35% when I try full screen. Guess I'll just write off today and try again tomorrow.

G

Full screan?? how do u have full screan?

my full screan is exactly like windowed