• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It Had Better Be Worth It....

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have re-subscribed for a month.

The game is patching as I type.

If I don't enjoy myself, I will hold Barian, Petra and Saunders to blame.

.... and if anybody stumbles across a mage called Fluffi Bunni, who is looking a bit lost, please free to take me to one side and explain all the new-fangled things that are bound to have happened since I last logged-in, six years ago.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Seems like people are coming back now...I returned yesterday actually after a little 10 year break.

No idea why I came back...but probably tired of "Free" MMORPG's where you have to spend loads of money in "Malls" to actually get to level up decently...by grinding non- stop....:coco:

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back! Yes lots of returning players now and afew new ones! Stick to help chat if you have questions and visite the guys at Brit West bank 7 to 8 CET every night for a chat , a helping hand or just a pizza!

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Hello,
Welcome back to this great game!!! I don't want to seem to be intrusive, but I am the Leader of the HLP Guild, we dedicate to helping new or returning players get back into the game and understand the differences in it, in addition to the help received by the great people of the everyday 6-7 Pm UK time BRIT BANK MEETINGS. Please contact any member of the Guild or look for Kalimana Zuya, their Leader. Hope you can get back in, and enjoy the game even more. There is less people maybe playing at one time, but the community is stronger than ever, even better than when there was 1000s of people playing and the game became laglandia. Hope to see you around.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have re-subscribed for a month.

The game is patching as I type.

If I don't enjoy myself, I will hold Barian, Petra and Saunders to blame.

.... and if anybody stumbles across a mage called Fluffi Bunni, who is looking a bit lost, please free to take me to one side and explain all the new-fangled things that are bound to have happened since I last logged-in, six years ago.
Ello you. Feel free to shout out if you hit anything you don't understand, and welcome home.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am loving being back, really enjoying the game again and all its oddities, depth and freedom. The community is rock solid. What a treasure this game is.

Deothos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I haven't played UO for years but I check these forums very sporadically, often months pass between lurks. And when I checked them now I saw your post Fluffi, makes me want to reactivate my old account as well knowing some ppl from the old days are active (this is Ishi btw). I still miss our chats in old haven

It's good to see the HLP guild is still active :)

Hi Min! *waves*

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,
Welcome back to this great game!!! I don't want to seem to be intrusive, but I am the Leader of the HLP Guild, we dedicate to helping new or returning players get back into the game and understand the differences in it, in addition to the help received by the great people of the everyday 6-7 Pm UK time BRIT BANK MEETINGS. Please contact any member of the Guild or look for Kalimana Zuya, their Leader. Hope you can get back in, and enjoy the game even more. There is less people maybe playing at one time, but the community is stronger than ever, even better than when there was 1000s of people playing and the game became laglandia. Hope to see you around.
Nice to know that HLP is still around.

My crafter was one of the founders of the original HLP, along with Paidric and others.

Paidric or Fanni would make a suit for the "youngs", then Fluffi would take them on a tour of the island, whilst spamming greater heal on them.

At the moment, I am still trying to remember how targetting macros work, but once I have got this sorted, I will be up for some exploration.

... Now for the inevitable questions...

1) I have forgotten where to go to buy a house deed.
2) What are "imbued" armour/weapons? I have what were elite suits (70s, LRC, LMC, SSI, etc), but looking in vendors has me baffled.
3) Is the soulstone graveyard still existant? I had loads that would have gone when my houses collapsed.
4) For very personal reasons, I want to get the last few % on the "almost-legendary" bard. Does the "Poo method" for training disco and provo still work?
5) If the "Poo way" does work, where do I go to get the necessary beasts? (I have a tamer, but don't remember where anything spawns)
6) What happened to Trammel Despise? I took the fighter there, just to practice on the lizardmen and ogre lords. Everything seems very different. (It's quite possible that I mis-remembered which dungeon I should have gone to.)

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HLP is not active im afraid. Thsi is *HLP a new guild with none of the old members. Paidric is gone. I am here and I thik I actually saw Fanwaen at an event. Good to see you Deothos! Lots of returning players right now *winks*

When everyone dissapered but me I had no chance to look after the youngs from Haven. So I bought a castle to store the donations from Paidrics young keep and rebuilt my Trinsic moongate home so I could operate from there. Sets of armour to hand out and around 50 little info books to read about the basics ..and where to find deeper info. Teleporters runebooks dyetubs luck sculpture etc.. That way I can spend the time talking to them and listen what their questions are. And recomand them to visite Britain bank in the evenings 7 to 8 CET for meeting veterans eager to help and answer questions and talk about anything ..plus eating pizza!

Many helpful and generous people of Europa donate materials and items that I make armour sets from or distribute to new and returning people that can use them. Thanks all great helpful people concerned about the young ones!

So it is the HLP work but I had to go back to RAA with Minerva to be in the same chat as my guildies .

Last edited:

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
next question....

My tamer just spoke to the stable-keeper...

... i got the option to "claim all pets"

... if I choose this, I will get swamped with more animals than I can control. Can I use this, then selectively re-stable pets without running the risk of losing them?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) I have forgotten where to go to buy a house deed.
2) What are "imbued" armour/weapons? I have what were elite suits (70s, LRC, LMC, SSI, etc), but looking in vendors has me baffled.
3) Is the soulstone graveyard still existant? I had loads that would have gone when my houses collapsed.
4) For very personal reasons, I want to get the last few % on the "almost-legendary" bard. Does the "Poo method" for training disco and provo still work?
5) If the "Poo way" does work, where do I go to get the necessary beasts? (I have a tamer, but don't remember where anything spawns)
6) What happened to Trammel Despise? I took the fighter there, just to practice on the lizardmen and ogre lords. Everything seems very different. (It's quite possible that I mis-remembered which dungeon I should have gone to.)
1. you don't have house deeds now, you have a house placement tool - buy from architect in carpentry shop
2. imbuing is a skill introduced with Stygian Abyss. It allows you, within restrictions, to customize the properties you have on your suit in a much less random way.
3. Yes the soulstone graveyard still exists, though I'm not sure who currently holds it
4. 8 x 8 has gone, and with it the antimacro code of old.
5. Hunter's guide tells you where everything spawns
6. Several of the dungeons have been revamped. You'll find guides to them all in our Dungeon Guides

Stable: claim all pets will randomly give you pets up to the limit of your control slots
”Claim list” Will bring up a list of all pets the character has stabled, from which you can select one.
”stablecount” Will report how many stable slots are occupied – eg 2/4 stable slots used.

Next?

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I agree with Minerva, we have no affiliation to prior HLP guilds, we new guild starting slowly and at our own way,helping new & retuning players by directing them to Min and other Vets of the game, kitting them a bit and trying to help in anyway possible. I do say tho, Try attend the Brit Bank Meetings, good place to share thoughts and ask people questions. I try when I can to take younglings and newer players around Haven a bit and into land, so they skill a bit while protecting them a bit, as I also skill up. Anyways hope this all of help.

Lien Ragus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa is certainly the best shard to (re) start with. There are many initiatives of the community to ease ppl on a good start.
First of all i d like to encorage you to frequently check upon UO stratics... that should become your bible. Everything and more is accessible with it. Thanks to Petra and Stratics team !
From inside the game you can easily (at least most part of the day) to meet and talk to ready-to-help ppl. The new *HLP guild is active throughout the day.
The New Player House held by Lady Foxglove is surely one of the biggest help you may find ingame. Her house is full of helpful guides and you will be gently offered a solid suit to face the dangers of Sosaria...
I aslo should mention the Britain Public Service. Every day at Britain east bank you may meet a bunch of experienced players ready to
help. Advices, repairs, crafting and as Minerva said free pizzas are expecting you between 6 & 7 pm UK time (7 to 8 pm CET).

Compared with most other shards Europa is really an heaven to get started nowadays. Reading and talking may give your new start fun.

Welcome back !!!
Lien Ragus , Royal Arms & Armors guild leader

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure how this works...

I have done the Mastery quest for discord. I've got the book, and I have made a few gains casting the discord mastery.
OK so far.

I guess that I need to do the provo quest to access the provo skill.
After this, can I swap between disco and provo mastery at any time, or do I need to redo the quest if I want to change?
If I do all the mastery quests, can I freely swap between all masteries in the future?

Thanks in advance.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I guess that I need to do the provo quest to access the provo skill.
After this, can I swap between disco and provo mastery at any time, or do I need to redo the quest if I want to change?
If I do all the mastery quests, can I freely swap between all masteries in the future?
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

You can swap via context menu of the book. But sometimes there is not needed mastery in the menu. In this case you just go and redo the quest (it usually takes few mins).

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as Petra keeps answering, I will keep asking... (I now regard this as a battle of attrition between us, just see who will give-up 1st (and, yes, I know it won't be Petra ))

2D client.

My elf archer wears the hunters headdress thingy.
This currently looks awful.

I am sure it used to look like a circlet; although it is quite possible that I was constantly hallucinating when I last played.

How do I make elf hats look like circlets?

Thanks to the WBB crowd for reminding me how to see pet skills.
I now have two serious aims, and one not-so-serious aim for my months' subscription...

The serious aims being to get Seagull to 120 disco / provo (if anyone has a 120music scroll, I would like to buy it - she is currently capped at 115); and to get Fluffis' squirrel all the way to 4xGM.
The not-so-serious aim being to join RL mates in a Fel champ.

... and speaking of Fel...

What happened to murder counts?
I know for certain that my fencer was very, very red when I last played him; but when I logged him, he was in the Fel house where I left him, but he was blue.
(I assume that like everything else in UO, counts only burn-down during active gametime. I am not complaining about this, but I am puzzled as to where several months worth of long-term counts went. Did I miss a reset / amnesty?)

... and to return to the topic of squirrels...

Does Petra still have Opfasta?
Could Mr Wiggles meet him again please?

The last time they met, Wiggles was completely tongue-tied at being in the presence of a legend, but he would like another opportunity to sit and make chirping noises to his role-model.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
..... aaaaaand....

Hunters Guide...

How do I work out what my squirrel needs to kill to gain ?

I know I need to fight enemies of the same level but what value on Hunters Guide am I looking for?

Wiggles is +/- 95 in most skills, so I am looking for +/- 95 in monsters... but what actual stat on the guide do I need to be looking at?

YAY FOR FLUFFI !!!!!

Europas best equipped noob !!

(to be honest, my stupidity is getting a bit embarrassing)

.... aaaaand can I re-sort the Hunters Guide page so that it lists mobs in strength order, so I don't have to look at the individual entries one at a time

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a number of fully trained low-level pets - I start them off in Jhelom Farm then I use the Boglins in Haven and then Polar Bears on Ice. The last few points are the hardest, Ice trolls usually if I cant use 2 of the same species, two chickens or two rabbits etc.

I've never used the guide just trial and error

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.... back to bard masteries....

I currently have disco active - groovy!

But I want to swap to provo...

Talking to the NPC in Brit only gives the "open paperdoll" otion.
Clicking provo on thge book says I am in the wrong mastery.
How do I get the provo quest which I haven't done yet?

(I already have 90+ in natural skill, so I qualify for the quest)

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bard mastery ? *scribbles down more notes*

I seem to be spending more time researching the lands than roaming the lands!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as Petra keeps answering, I will keep asking... (I now regard this as a battle of attrition between us, just see who will give-up 1st (and, yes, I know it won't be Petra ))

2D client.

My elf archer wears the hunters headdress thingy.
This currently looks awful.

I am sure it used to look like a circlet; although it is quite possible that I was constantly hallucinating when I last played.

How do I make elf hats look like circlets?

Thanks to the WBB crowd for reminding me how to see pet skills.
I now have two serious aims, and one not-so-serious aim for my months' subscription...

The serious aims being to get Seagull to 120 disco / provo (if anyone has a 120music scroll, I would like to buy it - she is currently capped at 115); and to get Fluffis' squirrel all the way to 4xGM.
The not-so-serious aim being to join RL mates in a Fel champ.

... and speaking of Fel...

What happened to murder counts?
I know for certain that my fencer was very, very red when I last played him; but when I logged him, he was in the Fel house where I left him, but he was blue.
(I assume that like everything else in UO, counts only burn-down during active gametime. I am not complaining about this, but I am puzzled as to where several months worth of long-term counts went. Did I miss a reset / amnesty?)

... and to return to the topic of squirrels...

Does Petra still have Opfasta?
Could Mr Wiggles meet him again please?

The last time they met, Wiggles was completely tongue-tied at being in the presence of a legend, but he would like another opportunity to sit and make chirping noises to his role-model.
They removed the coding that made all hats look like circlets, now they look like the hats they are - but there are several hooded robes around that hide the hat under the hood. I can probably give you one :D

Not sure what happened to your murder counts, that sounds like a bug. There have been no amnesties since the harrower debacle many years ago.

Runlykell still has Opfasta, but his training came to a grinding halt when a nasty bug reduced his hp back to 47 when he hit 125 str. They've fixed the bug, but of course the fix only applies to squirrels spawning after the fix.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
..... aaaaaand....

Hunters Guide...

How do I work out what my squirrel needs to kill to gain ?

I know I need to fight enemies of the same level but what value on Hunters Guide am I looking for?

Wiggles is +/- 95 in most skills, so I am looking for +/- 95 in monsters... but what actual stat on the guide do I need to be looking at?

YAY FOR FLUFFI !!!!!

Europas best equipped noob !!

(to be honest, my stupidity is getting a bit embarrassing)

.... aaaaand can I re-sort the Hunters Guide page so that it lists mobs in strength order, so I don't have to look at the individual entries one at a time
I think you'll need to match his wrestling skill. Use the 'advanced' button under the search box on the Hunter's Guide main page to find them

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.... back to bard masteries....

I currently have disco active - groovy!

But I want to swap to provo...

Talking to the NPC in Brit only gives the "open paperdoll" otion.
Clicking provo on thge book says I am in the wrong mastery.
How do I get the provo quest which I haven't done yet?

(I already have 90+ in natural skill, so I qualify for the quest)
There's a link at the top of the barding masteries page I already linked to. Goes to Spellsong Quests