• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Issues placing Stone walls and flooring in New Expansion in Castle

Agath_Darkbane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello, I am having a few issues placing stone walls and flooring in my castle on Atlantic.

My goal is to build a 2nd and 3rd floor wall around the outer perimeter of the castle. I have looked into what is considered an appropriate height and my project falls into that category.

The biggest problem I am having is placing walls.

I have found that stone floors work like Gozas, in that they have to be used to manually raise walls up to where they need to be. For example on the north side of the castle I had to run outside of the castle and place stone walls beneath the flooring and raise them up to the 2nd level, and from there I would use the crate trick to put stone walls in and destroy the crates, leaving the stone walls in place.

Once I got to the 3rd floor (2nd floor of building stone walls on top of eachother) I found that the stone walls were collapsing on themselves or disappearing, so I tried redoing it. I was able to get some of the walls up, but when I logged in the next day they were all gone, but all the flooring was still there. As I said I am building within the height recommendations that I have been told about. I am attaching 3 pictures, which give an indication of how things are going, and one picture being of what I logged in to find.

Thank you.

Sabrina

Attachments

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
From what I understand, they have limited it and you cannot build outside of the castle's 2 floors. So you can't create a third or fourth floor.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From what I understand, they have limited it and you cannot build outside of the castle's 2 floors. So you can't create a third or fourth floor.
dang. that would leave the expansion pretty useless for me. *sad sigh*

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm this is not what I reactivated my accounts for =( Oh well, at least I have fun playing again, but, BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (mature right^^)

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about rubble and display cases? I used to have a thrid floor on castle roof with walls made out of flowstones, rubble and stacked display cases. DO they risk deletion too now?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless I'm mistaken the post that says you can't create the third or fourth floor is from a player who said that the game won't let you build that high based on their own experiences. I get the "you cannot build that high" when I try to drop a wall at an excessive height (72 by my count)...but if I lower the floor tiles a few notches the message goes away and I can build. My current construction is no higher than what I can achieve through house customization so I don't understand why they would say it's illegal.

In Sabrina's post the walls are awfully close to blocking the view of the house behind her - is it possible that's the problem? I currently have my castle built to the same height as a customized home and nothing has vanished including my work from last night which has floors set to However, the floor tiles that were too high did vanish.

Regardless we really need an official comment. Why is that taking so long to get someone to make it official? Maybe they will be selling zoning variances on the UO store to let people build their castles higher ?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There was an official comment.

@Scribbles ....The limit is based on elevation and is around 70z off the ground.
Now, considering he says "around" (which is ambiguous as all get out), you _could_ try to get away with utilizing the foundation in your calculating. But that is a risk some people are not so willing to take, considering the items they want to place and display on the upper levels.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a quick thought. Is the house properly placed?
I had a keep go improper for no reason last week.
(and i still am wondering what to do about it!)

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You made me check, don't scare me like that :)

Yes, it's properly placed, I placed it a few days ago just to try some pre-built home deco ideas. I missed the old-school housing, I owned an L-Shape many years ago and wanted one again. Here is a picture of the fireplace i built, in case you see anything obvious that is making it vanish. I wanted to put a couple of things on it but will hold off to see if it's still there tomorrow.
fireplace.jpg