• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Isn't it time that Scribes can scribe Spellweaving scrolls?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
isnt it about that time?

time to let scribes scribble spellweaving scrolls?

make them take some rare baubles or something.

but i think its high time this fell under the realm of scribes.

SCRIBE POWER!

B

BartofCats

nothing wrong with hunting them in my opinion. Besides, you have to do the quest to get the level 0 scrolls, and you MUST do the imp/fey quest in order to use those spells. Scribing them would be pointless.

A

agpga

i wouldn't have a problem hunting them IF THEY WOULD DROP MORE OFTEN last week I kill over 200 Miasmas and got all of 3 scrolls. boost the drop rate

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
try going to a new shard where you dont know anyone and try to get the scrolls by yourself on a new character.

not fun.

B

Beastmaster

Everything should be earned through hunting. Just ask Regine. You should have to kill hundreds of mobs and the scrolls should come unlabeled. Then after a week of hunting and knowing which mob drops which scrolls you can hunt the mob you want and offer the scrolls for sale as 1 of 4 possible spells. Then real scribes can buy them from you the hunter and attempt to scribe spellbooks which after a week will tell them whether or not they practiced on the right scroll.

GO HUNTERS!! POWER TO THE HUNTERS!!

B

Beastmaster

just in case you didn't detect it in that last post, I forgot the tags (sarcasm...../sarcasm)

R

Rix/\

I would be happy just to be able to make the books to put the scrolls into.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
isnt it about that time?

time to let scribes scribble spellweaving scrolls?

make them take some rare baubles or something.

but i think its high time this fell under the realm of scribes.

SCRIBE POWER!
that would make way too much sense. this is UO we are talking about here c'mon now.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*shakes head* no scribes, spellweaving is "supposed" to be about gaining the knowledge yourself. not being handed the scrolls or buying them. Earn them.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Earning them is great, but while I've done that for my 'weaver, my scribe would still like to offer full books to players as a service too, rather than a random assortment of scrolls. Even just making the books would be handy, then I can at least stuff them with scrolls as I hunt and fill them that way. I don't think craftable books would be a problem.

Wenchy

T

The_Letter_E

To use the book you'd have to do the quest....which gives you a book.

What would be the point?

E

O

Old Man of UO

The problem that I see with allowing scribing of spellweaving scrolls is that it would be a one-time scribing for each spell for characters with the skill, and then it would have no use after that. As someone else pointed out, you have to do the quests to first get the skill (where you get the first scroll), and then two more quests for two more scrolls. They are not that hard to do, just a bit time consuming.

I collect spellweaving scrolls as I find them and drop them into a community box. A guild mate collects these and puts them on her vendor when we get a full set, and sells them for about 75K, and we split the profit. There is always a set available on our vendor in Luna. So there are alternatives that work for others.

Now, if the scrolls had some additional use beyond dropping them into your spell book, I could see the point of this suggestion. Right now, I would have to say no to this suggestion.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some players like to buy a full book rather than fill their own quest reward book. Rather than running the quest umpteen times so I could get books to sell, it would be better to craft the book and add scrolls. Ideally scribe them too, but it seems daft to have a new arcanist jump through bigger loops than everyone else.

Of course, I could sell sets of scrolls or individual ones as I do currently, but if you have a well stocked out vendor, you'd ideally use 1 inventory slot rather than individual scroll slots.

Wenchy

O

Old Man of UO

Some players like to buy a full book rather than fill their own quest reward book. Rather than running the quest umpteen times so I could get books to sell, it would be better to craft the book and add scrolls. Ideally scribe them too, but it seems daft to have a new arcanist jump through bigger loops than everyone else.

Of course, I could sell sets of scrolls or individual ones as I do currently, but if you have a well stocked out vendor, you'd ideally use 1 inventory slot rather than individual scroll slots.

Wenchy
So that I understand what you are saying, are you also suggesting that the quest to start the spellweaving skill be discontinued? Would Inscribers "make" the spellweave book or would it be available from vendors? I ask because you get the spellweave book with the first quest.

Other than that, I understand what you are saying about vendors and what not, in my opinion though there are ample supplies of the scrolls on my shard and it works just fine as it is. Not every skill should be "Shake-N-Bake."

S

Strawberry

Everything should be earned through hunting. Just ask Regine.
Lol, I was about to post the same thing. I fear we have to wait for a dev team that likes crafters and doesn't want to turn us all into warriors/mages/tamers. Or, as they would say... "can't you just buy that stuff from people who hunt?"

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So that I understand what you are saying, are you also suggesting that the quest to start the spellweaving skill be discontinued? Would Inscribers "make" the spellweave book or would it be available from vendors? I ask because you get the spellweave book with the first quest.

Other than that, I understand what you are saying about vendors and what not, in my opinion though there are ample supplies of the scrolls on my shard and it works just fine as it is. Not every skill should be "Shake-N-Bake."
I'm just thinking about being able to make the books, not removing the quest :) I like having all the spellbooks for sale when I can, just for customer convenience, but I've never sold spellweaving ones complete. I can live with things as they are, just thinking it'd be nice to offer full books if I could.

Wenchy

S

Salty Pete

Crafters > Quests.

Let the scribes create the books and scrolls too. Some of us still play UO for the community game, not this single player bull****.