• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Is this worth anything?

S

Sweety

My skills at at figuring out whats worth keeping and what's junk are nonexistent, and now with imbuing i'm even more lost (if possible). Got a ton of magical items in my house and not sure what to do with them. Trash em or keep em?

What should i look for when looking at armor, weps, and jewelry? Like high percentages, desired qualities, etc.

In addition that i have a more specific question. What makes a good bow? Type, swing speed, fireball %, lightening % ,.... ?

Found this bracelet on one of my chrs. Is it worth any good? (don't have an imbuer so not sure what can be whipped up wit them)

Sorry, photo's a bit grainy (the evaluate int. is +12)

Oh.... While im at it... i got a bag of talismans rotting in some dark corner of my house. What percentages should i look for on them?

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pre-SA that woulda been worth something..

i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that item is completely imbuable without even the use of relic frags.. and therefore, not worth much :(

i actually feel bad for what i just typed but it's the truth. sry

S

Sweety

pre-SA that woulda been worth something..

i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that item is completely imbuable without even the use of relic frags.. and therefore, not worth much :(

i actually feel bad for what i just typed but it's the truth. sry
lol now i feel bad for making u feel bad... i was just curious about bracelet. Don't really care for magical items (this is why im clueless about imbuing) im trying to figure out what exactly makes a "good" item these days. i guess i gotta do a bit more research on imbuing to figure that out.
thank you for the reply

J

Jook DeBeaux

If you want to take what you have and have some of the better pieces imbued here's a quick overview of what I'd be looking through your old storage chests for.

Look for items that have one or two of the highest possible values for skills / stats etc, but have no other skills. The stats / skills should make sense together - like dmg increase & tactics, spell dmg & lower regs, or magery & eval int. In comparison the skills on your bracelet are all over the place. New skills can be added if the total on the item is < 5 and the total imbued str is < 500 (and your bracelet is already full). In some cases if there's one low value on a skill or stat you can bump it up. But your stuck with that skill on there. And I think when it gets to 5 skills/stats you can't upgrade the existing values any more.

Some examples:
bow - 30 dmg, 30% swing speed - up the damage to 45% (cheap) or 50% (more expensive) & add mana leech / fireball etc
ring 15+ magery,5 str - can enhance str to 8, then add lower regs and add spell dmg
ring fast cast 1,recovery 3 - This one might be a better mage ring then the last since it's probably cheaper to add +15 magery then it is to add +3 cast recovery speed
bracelet 25dmg increase / 15% hit chance - add +STR, +DEX, +INT and if they don't want the int they can always point INT down & leave dex / str to rise

S

Sweety

Thanks Jook for info and examples. Imbuing is making a bit more sense to me. I suppose I got some item sorting to do now.