• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this shard german or something?

T

Tasonne

I recently started playing UO. I didn't know what shard to start on. I didn't want to play on the most populated server so I start a character on Drachenfels. So, I notice a lot of the house names are in what looks like german. I am not even from europe. Would it be better if I just played on a different shard?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

There are alot of german speaking people on Drachs. But alot of them speak english too. And we also have lots of other speaking people around. Plenty of languages to choose from, dutch, english, german, french , portugees and so on. :)

We just have a wide variety of countries. My guild friends are even from the USA.
Don't let the many german language around scare you away. There are alot of nice helpfull people around. :)

Our EM always hold there events in 2 languages at the same time too.
Thanks to the variety here on drachs it help brush up the understanding of many of these languages.

If you need help or advise, just ask. We don't bite.... often . ;)

T

Tasonne

Yeah man, I mean, I think this shard looks really good other than that. It isn't crowded with houses yet the forum looks fairly active and I see people in game from often enough as well. I might just call this shard home. From Canada ;) and english

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ones you get settle on drachs you will see how nice it can be here. Not beeing overcrowded shard just means we don't have long lines waiting to fight and get the things we want. :)

We often spread around the shard but don't be suprised there alot of people at ones on special events. :)

L

Legacyee

Hi Tasonne and Welcome to Drachenfels
As Frafc said we have people from all over on this shard (there are some from Canada)
A huge amout of the players speak English, I have been playing on here for a few years and very rarely have a problem.

If you need any help or items, please don't be afraid to ask on the forums, and as Frarc said we don't bite .......often :)

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Tasonne!

I just would repeat the same stuff as Frarc and Legacyee said, but it's true. A lot of german speaking people, but most of them understand (at least some words of) english.

Just ask, you won't be disappointed, I think...

Welcome to Drachenfels!
:party:

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah man, I mean, I think this shard looks really good other than that. It isn't crowded with houses yet the forum looks fairly active and I see people in game from often enough as well. I might just call this shard home. From Canada ;) and english
Damn there goes the neighbourhood another Canuck on the shard
Im in British Columbia so happy to speak english to you any time
you will like it here I've been on this Shard since it hatched nice mix of people.

T

Tasonne

Look forward to seeing you all in game :thumbsup:

The name of my character is Tasonne, a mage. Lately, I've been hanging around Britain and fighting in the swamp/desert, since I can't mark runes yet. I'll probably be heading to Shame soon and be there until I find something better.