• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this server still dead?

G

GNecromancer

I haven't touched UO in a longtime. I played Siege during Age of Shadows and the world was far too big to support the population. I could only ever really find finds in and around Luna or Umbra and on the edges of some towns.

EA also had a knack for leaving game-breaking bugs unfixed on Siege for upwards of over a year, giving Siege very little priority compared to the rest of the game. These bugs made a lot of player shun the server.

I quit shortly before Samurai, because in my opinion, more land mass would not have helped Siege. Then I also heard about "instanced corpses" which I heard was almost some kind of item insurance being released into the felucca ruleset.

So I am curious, what is Siege like now, its population compared to the rest of the shards? Is the population still far to small to support the size of the world? Does instanced corpses hurt traditional pvp and felucca style gameplay?

P

Pimpin Aint Easy

games still a game. if ya got something else better to play, than play it. if not, drop by and think of it as a different game and you will be fine.

G

<blockquote><hr>

games still a game. if ya got something else better to play, than play it. if not, drop by and think of it as a different game and you will be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

translation: yes, it's still dead

G

Just wondering why people always tell people who are looking to come back or start on Siege that Siege is a ghost town? Even if it was why would you say it? Doesn't help with getting more here to kill.

G

It's not that dead. I still find I can
get into alot of trouble here ...

Siege is still alive , it's just not a trammie world !

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just wondering why people always tell people who are looking to come back or start on Siege that Siege is ghost town? Even if it was why would say it? Doesn't help with getting more people here to kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I find he most funny is that people bash the thing that makes this the preferred shard for people like me; it has a manageble level of players. Sure you can run around like a lunatic, bumping into hords of players on Atlantic, but some of us hated that and came here because you can get to know most everyone. Its like the defference between living in Los Angeles, CA or Rapid City, SD.

Me, I'll take the small town and Siege.

G

i think its a liitle more like the small town feel of littleton colorado myself

G

Its not really big town small town thing, its more like middle size town during a war versus middle size town not during a war.

You aint gonna see many people outside anywhere when there is a good chance or even possibility that you might die because a war is going on. This goes for real life as well as online vidoe games.

siege looks dead cause our players are like roaches, they scatter quick, stay hidden, and they might be in 10 feet of you and you'd never even see them.

G

GNecromancer

"it has a manageble level of players" dude I am not talking about a balanced number of players, there is a difference between a manageable level of players, overpopulated and underpopulated... I remeber Siege being incredibly under populated and that was before the new land masses that age of samurai brought. The only place I could find pvp were those hugging the guarded zones of town. Factions were dead and virtually every wilderness area and dungeon I'd go cruising through was devoid of life. I'd have to check half a dozen dungeons any time I'd play if I wanted to have the hope of seeing another soul.

It certainly isn't a manageable level of players, not even close. You would have to increase the population by atleast 5x back when I'd played to even think of it overpopulated.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just wondering why people always tell people who are looking to come back or start on Siege that Siege is a ghost town? Even if it was why would you say it? Doesn't help with getting more here to kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

because no matter what time I go into Siege, I can venture about forever and it all looks like...

unless you go to luna and watch the same 5-8 gz fighters going at it

I

imported_TexasBlack

Well I think Siege is better than any Trammi shard. Is it tougher? Depends on who you ask it's certainly not easier, but dead No way. :) I die here often but that's part of the challenge here. I like the community here. Even the reds are friendly Hi Deja Vu and Verum. In the end this shard is way better.Yeah we have some colorful characters here but they make the game interesting.

G

GNecromancer

Btw, does everyone still get one personal bless deed or one item they're able to keep from getting stolen? I always liked that idea

G

Yep, exactly that. Not through a bless deed though. You can bless one item. You bless a new one, the previously blessed one gets unblessed.

I must say, this is a mechanism which I haven't been able to find a flaw in! It works perfectly.

Kind regards

G

GNecromancer

How many active players would you say are on siege roughly during a busy time? and are the old dungeons still lifeless voids that are completely pointless to visit?

G

GNecromancer

Never understood why the pvp server in UO is so unpopular... PvP is better in UO then ANY other MMORPG. Yet in games like WoW, the pvp servers are many and more popular then the other servers. Everquest 2, one of the pvp servers is the most populated server in existance.

Yet UO has only one pvp server and very few players play on it despite how great it is... On the other hand pve content in UO is insanely lacking and dull and all monsters pretty much have identical AI and most offer no challenge. party play is on nessecary if your fighting the champions or the bosses...

I find it all quite perplexing. In those circumstances you think UO would have numerous pvp server that were flourishing over the pve servers.

G

I suspect it IS because there is only one. Two, if ye count Mugen.
On other worlds, the concept is common - so people accept it readily.
Here, it is the oddity. The black sheep of the family. And so, it gets shunned.

Of course, many of us have found that black wool is warmer than white, and comes in snuggly gift boxes... but I digress.

G

GNecromancer

I think also when UO became far more item based with all the artifcats and magical items that were so hard to get, a shard like siege became less appealing because when you die you lose everything, save one.

Not a very good feature in a game that became item based. Losing everything was never reallt all that bad prior to the introduction of all the spiffy items and artificats. prolly another reason Siege is less popular, because people want to have cool items.

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

50 at most and you can farm all day in a dungeon no problemo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although, damn near every time I step foot in a dungeon with any PvM-only type of char, Wyrm seems to find me. I don't know if he patrols that much, or it's just a coincidence.

K

Kat SP

If you're good at making gold, running with good equipment isn't difficult.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

50 at most and you can farm all day in a dungeon no problemo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although, damn near every time I step foot in a dungeon with any PvM-only type of char, Wyrm seems to find me. I don't know if he patrols that much, or it's just a coincidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

He patrols that much! Enigma has gone on "patrols" with Wyrm. Where ever people hunt, Wyrm has a rune to it!

Speaking of, I haven't seen that cuddly vampire around here in awhile...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I suspect it IS because there is only one. Two, if ye count Mugen.
On other worlds, the concept is common - so people accept it readily.
Here, it is the oddity. The black sheep of the family. And so, it gets shunned.

Of course, many of us have found that black wool is warmer than white, and comes in snuggly gift boxes... but I digress.

[/ QUOTE ]

*shakes head* You had to turn this into a sheep thing...
*winks*

G

Siege is what you make it. If you want to get into a fight, it is easy to find one once you know your way around. It is also fairly easy to avoid contact, if that is what you wish.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

He patrols that much! Enigma has gone on "patrols" with Wyrm. Where ever people hunt, Wyrm has a rune to it!

Speaking of, I haven't seen that cuddly vampire around here in awhile...

[/ QUOTE ]

You two spend less time watching riddinspinnas and maybe youd see him on more often

G

golfnutt64

ITS PROBABLY CUZ EVERYONE IS HIDING AND STEALTHY SINCE WE DONT HAVE INSURANCE LIKE ALL OTHER TRAMMY WORLDS! DONT PICK ON THE COURAGEOUS! WE ARE NOT AFRAID TO DIE! BRING YOUR OWN LOOT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

G

AND WHAT IS EVEN CRAZIER IS WHEN A PK ATTACK YOU WITH HIS CAPS LOCK !!!!