• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] is this any good as a sampire weapon?

• Thread starter Belanos/Icicle
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Belanos/Icicle

Executioner's Axe
HML 60
HSL 42
SSI 30
DI 40

or:
Machete of Defense (13-15 dmg one handed @2.75s)
HLL 68
HML 68
HSL 46
HCI 15
DCI 5
DI 43

or:
Machete of Defense
HML 36
HLL 44
DCI 18
SSI 30
DI 51

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Last one is the best of the three, imo. First one has no hll. Second has no ssi. For my sampy, I want a weapon with whirlwind special and 50+ hll, 50+ hml, as well as di and ssi.

Now, I'm LOOKING for a scimitar w/ 40+ hll, 40+ hml, di, ssi AND hit spell. :)

Anyway, third one is the only I'd consider using.

P

Playhardgopro

Is that not... bad advice?

I think people want stamina and mana leech on a Sampire. Life leech is provided by Vampire Form or Curse Weapon.

The axe is 1 tick faster than an Ornate but less damaging. However, I'm sure it is a great weapon to start with.

O

Old Man of UO

Ya, I agree... of those three I would go with the axe. I want the damage, speed, HML and HSL as a sampire.

However, if they are all in your possession, why not go out and try them to see how they work for you? THEN you can come back here and tell us which worked best! HEH

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd use the axe. As has been mentioned, HLL isn't all that important, as you get that from vamp form. Maybe for a whammy you'd like the HLL, but it's not too important for the sammy. JMO.

C

Connor_Graham

Go with the axe out of those 3. HLL is in no way necessary for a sampire, but HML and HSL are.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Disagreed, obviously. With straight vamp form, hll and whirlwind can be a life saver. If you also use curse weapon (meaning, you need either lrc suit or to carry regs), I spose you could get away w/o it.

But try it out and see which you like best.

G

GFY

Try them out and see which one you like best. Your play style may be different from someone else and you may like something he/she doesn't.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Going with life leech instead of stamina on a 2-handed weapon = lol

You can't drink refresh pots, so your only option is to cast divine fury, which will drop your DCI unless you have 65, which is bad. Definitely go with stamina over life. Life leech is fairly useless if you're already playing a samurai in vampiric embrace.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Wouldn't know, as I've never lost all my stamina except when overweight.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Incidentally, since all your 40+ hll/hml/di/hit spell + ssi scimitars are useless to you, sell/give them to me please. PM me.

C

Connor_Graham

No thanks. Those will all be saved for unraveling since they're useless for anything except that.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
lol, buttmunch. :p

I still prefer hll to hsl, but up to you, Belanos.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
So, I decided to test your theory. Bought a twinkling w/ 45 hml, 42 hsl, 44 hf, 40 di, 6 dci for 1 mil. Works fine w/o leech life...and I think it's due to the extra dmg from hf.

Obviously, with sampie, the more you're killing, the less you're dying. Happy to confirm that, ASSUMING you're doing lots of dmg, I was wrong: leech life not a necessity. :p

Still suggest you try them all before you decide, though...and especially suggest you use a weapon w/ whirlwind as a special.

Gl!

KingX

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also i tested the icy theory on TC and decided after 150 crafts that if you make a icy scimmatar then you can not get hit spell properties such as hit fireball and hit lighting altho you can get hit Areas.

In closing if you already have 45 dci it would be cost effective to make a icy as oposed to a twinkling or a radiant becuse you have a much higher chance of getting thise sought after properties with hit spell checked off the list.

that in theory would reduce odds with a bronze from getting 3 specific properties from 1/8436 to 1/5456 unless im pissing somthing like uncompatibal properties and such

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also i tested the icy theory on TC and decided after 150 crafts that if you make a icy scimmatar then you can not get hit spell properties such as hit fireball and hit lighting altho you can get hit Areas.

In closing if you already have 45 dci it would be cost effective to make a icy as oposed to a twinkling or a radiant becuse you have a much higher chance of getting thise sought after properties with hit spell checked off the list.
Personally I would take any other property aside from hit spells on weapons for PvM. They just aren't only not necessary, but there is other more needed mods. If you have hit spell on a weapon for PvM, then basically you are taking away a more useful mod.

Hit Lower Attack for example...I would take any day over a hit spell for PvM. Tack on the given DI, some descent ML, SL and SSI and I'm set. Nothing else really needed except HLD if you could squeeze it on there.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hmm...I've been told HLD/HLA aren't very effective in PvM. You're positive?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HLD/HLA definately work well in PvM. HLD will help you quite a bit... you barely miss.
HLA.... you barely get hit (except from casters).

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd have to agree... I don't like HLL at all. It's so nerfed, I don't leech much at all. I definately want HSL otherwise, if I take a hit, my stamina gets hammered, therefore lowering my swing speed.
Something like an ornate axe with 30 SSI and then 165 stamina for example... take a hit and your stamina goes down maybe 20ish pts and now my swing goes even slower. Not a good thing.

I can see why hit spell would be better spent on another mod since that extra 10 damage or so might not matter to a high HP mob.

My "wish list" of mods would be: HML, HSL, HLD, SSI, HLA (in that order).

R

RichDC

My "wish list" of mods would be: HML, HSL, HLD, SSI, HLA (in that order).
The same wish list as mine, but im in love with ornate axes...so...move the SSI and HLD around. Especially because of the mace and shields. Actually just thought...HLD goes at the end because of mace and shields.

Current ornate is: (cant remember exact stats im at work)

HML 65+%
HSL 40%
SSI 30%
DI 55%
HPI4
HPR1

Hits like a FREAKING TRUCK!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My wish list goes the other way for HLD and HLA.

And SSI is typically the most important on weapons slower than 2.5.
So my wish list is: SSI, HML, HSL, HLA, HLD: in that order.

But I have HLD on my glasses. More is just redundant.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, you have the Guardian Axe... that's really nice. Hits like a truck and you tank like a tank, LOL!

I've contiplated between a Guardian or Heavy Ornate(for the +8 DI).
In your case, if you had been making a Heavy ornate, then you would've been hosed on the DI cause i don't think you can have 40 + 15 +8 DI = 63 DI. Right? So nice choice.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On second thought, I agree, too Farsight... I forgot that weapons over 2.5 are almost useless without SSI.
I've made weapons where I was gleefully cheering on how Uber it was, until, I noticed no SSI therefore making it a slow bad weap.

An ornate with HML, HSL, HLD would blow if no SSI. :sad3:

R

RichDC

Oh, you have the Guardian Axe... that's really nice. Hits like a truck and you tank like a tank, LOL!

I've contiplated between a Guardian or Heavy Ornate(for the +8 DI).
In your case, if you had been making a Heavy ornate, then you would've been hosed on the DI cause i don't think you can have 40 + 15 +8 DI = 63 DI. Right? So nice choice.
Im not sure but i have about 60DI on my suit, so 40DI(basic) would be enough to max it out, i put the extra hp and hpr over that slight boost in DI, alright 4hp may not seem alot, but the amount of times i have had to leg it from say an arachnid spawn and ended with 3hp left!

D

Divster

made this puppy a few weeks ago

twinkling scimitar
mage wep - 20 (bah)
hsl 46
hml 55
hld 48
hla 46
dci 6
di 40

At first i was gutted that the mage wep prop wasn't ssi but I have encountered no problems having 170+ stamina means the hsl keeps me swinging fast enough and i carry refresh pots or use divine fury for emergencies.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Twinks are my favorite. That is a really great Twink.
I had a great one too, but somehow lost it from death at that dang EM - Casca event. Stupid UO bugs. Insured and blessed items are not safe my friends.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm...I've been told HLD/HLA aren't very effective in PvM. You're positive?
Yes... Hildebrand layed it out for you already as did Farsight basically. I go much the same order as Farsight since Hit Lower Defense does NOT stack additively. Meaning if you have the mace and shield glasses already and then you have a 50% HLD stat on a weapon, you won't have 80% HLD. You will have more like around 65%.

Since I too use Mace and Shields...only makes sense to have Hit Lower Attack before the HLD.