• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there enough interest for a Ventrillo Server (50 person) for Sonoma?

L

Lysdra

Hello all,
I was wondering if there would be enough interest in the shard using a 50 person ventrillo server open for all to use on Sonoma? Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Lysdra

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that would be awesome. There would need to be some monitoring as there will likely be a good number of people that want to grief, but it sounds like a great idea. I think it would be a blast to get on and "meet" some new people from different guilds.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Definately think so! Anything to promote activity bc Sonoma is REALLY starting to slow down.

L

Lysdra

Yes, I agree moderation will be needed but hopefully we would all act like adults when using it. We could set up channels for each active guild on Sonoma, use it for Public Events, Chicken Fights, or even coordinated PVP matches if people wanted to say 2v2/3v3/etc where each team could be in thier respective channel for Tournaments and such. Just some random thoughts.........

Lysdra

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
have ya tried TS3?

ive allways found vent to sound so tinny

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,
I was wondering if there would be enough interest in the shard using a 50 person ventrillo server open for all to use on Sonoma? Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Lysdra
That would be a great idea. Monitoring would be needed of course.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could see it being useful for those in smaller guilds that don't have their own vent or someone not in a guild. I would see what the rules are for letting people know about this server. I know UO has some rules about promoting websites in game, but I don't know if telling people about a open vent server for the shard is ok or not. I would assume it would be ok, but probably better to have something stating it is before some jerk pages on you at a EM event.

T

Trinsauce

It'd be awesome... MODERATION is a must... There will possibly be some hostility at some point or another... Ron Fellows had an open vent server once for Sonoma but his idea was "Anything Goes" lol...

However a controlled server vent would be good

Hera75

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have ya tried TS3?

ive allways found vent to sound so tinny
I agree! I use TS3 for my guild now and love it. It is a neat idea. We still use a voice server, but there are only a handful of TI/R^US that are active.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im just thinking how brutal the general chat was before they PG-13'd it.

now im wondering how kindergarten the shard vent/TS would be!

but it would be nice for big events and such.
people could all get in there and chat.

but ya, dont envy the moderation job on that bad boy.

its hard enough here where people have to think and type, let alone where people can just blurt what they want without taking the time to think!

R

rmsroach

I think it's an excellent idea Lysdra!
The general chat in-game helps tremendously, so a vent for the shard would be grand. Have different rooms for events, hunts, PVE, PVP, and whatnot. Have a few with moderating powers. I think it would help our shard very much, and in a variety of ways as well.

I vote AYE!

:thumbup: