• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there any useful masteries?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Onslaught works great. -20 of the resist listed last in the damage distribution of your weapon. For instance, when used in conjunction with corpse skin, and your 100% fire axes can take your opponent's fire resist enough that it's almost always right to use DS over AI.

Others have claimed nice results with stagger - though I've not tested this one myself.

I tried playing around with my L3 parry mastery - I wasn't particularly impressed.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
When I set Onslaught it turn off DS and vise versa. And effect lasts for very short time. So instead of "100+100,100+100" I get "120,120+120"... and this is less total damage.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It lasts 6 seconds... so that'd be: single, double, double, double, repeat, and this is more damage. Note that Double Strike does only .9 damage, so the hit that triggers the onslaught does 11% more damage than 1 of the single strikes from the double in your scenario above.

It takes some getting used to for getting the timing right, but it's better rate over time.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure if it's -10% damage bonus, or .9 damage modifier.

Even on level 2 mastery, since I don't use honor for extra damage, I am better off against dreadhorn with onalsught and a double strike scimitar than AIs with a longsword.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
don't compare with AI, compare with DS without onslaught

I have just tried on TC with natural 120 skills... I can do only 2 DS for 1 OS.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The duration and the resist debuff are shorter on level II than on level III, and you need real 120 swords and 120 tactics for best effect. Onslaught works great.
Stagger is also awesome. It slows down your target significantly during it's duration. It is very powerful against mêlée heavy monsters.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I haven't looked at that one specifically (or any others actually), but I think in general the cooldown times decrease with higher mastery level and higher real skill.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The Mastery's have been thoughtlessly implemented without any sense of balance or logic, resulting in the usual chasm between worthwhile/not worthwhile, e.g:-

Bards: Instantly start with level 3, must remain in range, and can be completely stopped by damage.
Tamers: Level 3 legitimately costs 40m+, why? Because at level 3 you get a non interruptible, non range checked, 4 mana per second invincible pet. (apparently the Devs thought playing a Tamer was too involved/much effort)
Spellweaving: Level 3 legitimately costs 30m+, why? Because at level 3 you get a Summon that also casts WOD, and Mana Shield which is just fantastic.
Necro and Ninja ones are pretty good but not worth much, and everything else is pretty much worthless, a few minor boons like (apparently) less chance to be Disarmed, 15 Mana etc, but nothing like invincible afk mode like Tamers.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
War cry 1 hour cooldown is as stupid as it gets. And you have to be logged on for the cooldown timer to count.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
don't compare with AI, compare with DS without onslaught

I have just tried on TC with natural 120 skills... I can do only 2 DS for 1 OS.
Onslaught lasts 2 seconds for every Level of Mastery. Lvl 1 has 2 sec duration, Lvl 2 has 4 sec duration, and Lvl 3 has 6 sec duration.
Stagger applies a -60% SSI debuff for 10 seconds at Lvl 3, which is extremely powerful. It more than doubles the time between melee attacks from a monster.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Mastery's have been thoughtlessly implemented without any sense of balance or logic, resulting in the usual chasm between worthwhile/not worthwhile, e.g:-
Cannot like or agree with this enough, during the testing- fencing started out with an SSI bonus--- made no sense. Tried to get it changed---- no conversation about it. Then it was suddenly changed. Really killed my drive for the testing process.

The abilities made no sense. It added power to the best things that were already out there and didn't to anything to balance the overall field.

I do feel bad, because it seems like one person designed the whole expansion--- a lot of work for one person. But still---- the masteries should still be in beta.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Cannot like or agree with this enough, during the testing- fencing started out with an SSI bonus--- made no sense. Tried to get it changed---- no conversation about it. Then it was suddenly changed. Really killed my drive for the testing process.

The abilities made no sense. It added power to the best things that were already out there and didn't to anything to balance the overall field.

I do feel bad, because it seems like one person designed the whole expansion--- a lot of work for one person. But still---- the masteries should still be in beta.
I think they will see further changes. Some will be nerfed, others will be boosted. If you want developers' attention, writing up a thoughtful post about changes you'd like to see, posting in UHal and tagging the devs in it will atleast put them on notice.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may. I've applied a couple of times they have had dev openings and never heard a word, but, I've seen a number of things I've posted about over the years added to the game. I used to be of the thought how cool or great it is to have something I thought / designed up added to a game. But over the years, I've had dozens of ideas added to games--- it would be nice to actually get paid for it. The cool factor has worn off.

I am sure I am leaving myself open for trolling- but.... for me, it gets really tiresome to apply for a job and not hear anything- but to keep submitting ideas and to see them implemented. I feel like I am helping someone else keep a job that I want.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
But over the years, I've had dozens of ideas added to games--- it would be nice to actually get paid for it. The cool factor has worn off.

I am sure I am leaving myself open for trolling- but....
No troll here...
This is why, even though I was accepted for the beta of the Legends expansion, I eventually decided not to bother even logging into the test server. When I was reading through the threads and I saw a dev get butt-hurt over someone saying their design was stupid (it was - they later changed it...) I thought to myself ... Hmm - I'm a lead dev at one of the largest software companies in the world, where the testers that test my software make good $$ and our beta customers get 10s or 100s of thousands in free install/configure/education services; if I'm going to give you what might amount to 10s of thousands of dollars of my time for free - while PAYING FOR THE PRIVILAGE (since to be in the beta, you needed to be a paying subscriber), and you can't handle a little frustration, I can't be bothered to test.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did play around with some of the masteries as well.
Flaming arrow from archery mastery, has a cool sound, and when it hits it makes an area hit, it does fire damage, i have 0 idea how its calculated(if anyone know, please share).
Its not bad but its not a wow must have kinda thing either.

I tested the toughness macer thing, and it dosent stack with ninja wolf form (kinda sux)