• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a way to keep from being passively revealed by elves?

R

Ravahan

I have GM hiding and 90 stealth. I'd like very much to not be revealed by every elf I stealth past in fel with 0 detect hidden. I mean, kind of defeats the purpose...

If I invested 30 more skill points (no idea where I'd pull them from), would I still be getting revealed passively?

Is this something that is ever going to be addressed, or is it intended that the stealth skill be completely useless if there's someone with pointy ears around?

I'm not whining, I genuinely want to know. Is there a way, any way, that I can avoid being revealed when stealthing in the general vicinity of an elf?

D

Dor of Sonoma

I think that if they reveal you, you should kill 'em. :)

Death to all passive-aggressive Elves!

R

Ravahan

Dor_of_Sonoma said:
I think that if they reveal you, you should kill 'em. :)

Death to all passive-aggressive Elves!
hehehe

Yeah, I'd like to. I'm recently getting into the fel scene since all the faction changes, and I kinda suck at PvP still. Mage PvP is quite complicated, apparently.

Anyway, I just finally got a decent suit put together, so that might help. I originally made the character thinking that a stealth mage would be handy for stuff like spawns or sigil fights, but I'm having trouble getting into the faction "community".

Clog|Mordain said:
Unfortunately I dont think there is
That would make me sad ::cry::

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* Try Siege... Nothing passive there. *winks*

R

Ravahan

I actually have a char there, but I never really got her finished or got big time into it. Skill training takes forEVER.

Still, I was in NEW for a little bit, and tried to make my way. Its very hard though to start totally from scratch on Siege. That's the way its supposed to be, UO hard mode. One day, I'll be ready for it. I made the char after I hit 3rd year I think so I could use an ethy.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Get Ninjitsu and use Shadow Jump, I use it all the time to get up close and personal with their packs...

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Na, elves should reveal you every time because:

1. Elves don't get the passive 20 in each skill which is why most experienced pvpers play humans in the first place.

2. They are ELVES, comon, they don't have those big, pointy ears for no reason.

So quit complaining and adapt.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I actually have a char there, but I never really got her finished or got big time into it. Skill training takes forEVER.

Still, I was in NEW for a little bit, and tried to make my way. Its very hard though to start totally from scratch on Siege. That's the way its supposed to be, UO hard mode. One day, I'll be ready for it. I made the char after I hit 3rd year I think so I could use an ethy.

*smiles* We will be there.

K

KoolAidAddict

This has been going on for a long time.

No way no how that anything less to equal in skill points should have more than a 50% chance of revealing.

Add to that, in my own personal opinion, that such action should FLAG them!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Being a stealther with 120 stealth GM hiding I can tell you straight up that there isn't a single thing you can do about it except keep yourself still if they are passing by and do NOT walk within 5 tiles of them.... that's my only advice for you....

Doesn't have to be elves and it doesn't have to be fel either.... It can be members of a warred guild who flag orange to you..... they can have as little as the 20 human detect and any orange flagging character WILL reveal you about 98% of the time if you get anywhere within 5 tiles of them..... I know this for a fact.... I've complained about it for years ..... so join the ranks of the highly unsatisfied stealthers...

Oh and KoolAidAddict..... I agree with you 100%...... there shouldn't be ANY way somone without having at least close to GM skill in Detect hidden and/or Tracking should be either able to track or reveal me with my 220 skill points invested in shadow walking..... As for mages they would have to be actively casting reveal near my location and their magery/eval would have to be at least 50% of what I have invested in hiding and stealth.... I would say it would be like a Treasure hunter having success in finding a chest using mining skill..... as I recall that gave you a bigger boost in finding the chests if you were high in Mining as well as cartography........ if you have zero mining you have to be standing practically ON the chest to dig it up.... but if you had gm mining you could be as many as 4 or 5 tiles away....... if I recall that right.... anyway that's my opinion on the matter.

R

Ravahan

Well, I suppose that answers that. Thanks for the feedback. I wish they'd fix that, but sense stealth kinda goes with thieves more than anything I won't hold my breath.

I leave you with an appropriately sad panda.