• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

is there a Turkey quest?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you mean the quest to rid the land of giant turkeys that included piecing together maps to find their nests...then no...it was inexplicably removed because Mesanna thought the rewards needed updating...and we were left with the little turkeys running around. You can still get a lame version of a big turkey to spawn, by killing mass quantities of the small turkeys, but their is no point to the endeavor.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If you mean the quest to rid the land of giant turkeys that included piecing together maps to find their nests...then no...it was inexplicably removed because Mesanna thought the rewards needed updating...and we were left with the little turkeys running around. You can still get a lame version of a big turkey to spawn, by killing mass quantities of the small turkeys, but their is no point to the endeavor.
What a shame. I still have to kill turkeys for their feathers tho.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
if they want to rehash content, at least they could give us the fun content like the giant turkeys or dungeon sparklies
I think everyone liked the dungeon sparkly missions. The rewards were pretty awesome but a bit... unfair in some cases. Though I will say being able to spawn a harbringer as a player has been a serious boon to RP groups doing adventures. Gives us the ONLY boss style mob you can end and encounter with where people CAN actually get a reward of some sort.

However the downside... folk have used them against other players as a form of harassment which I believe ruined our chances to ever do the event again or have access to something so awesome.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think everyone liked the dungeon sparkly missions. The rewards were pretty awesome but a bit... unfair in some cases. Though I will say being able to spawn a harbringer as a player has been a serious boon to RP groups doing adventures. Gives us the ONLY boss style mob you can end and encounter with where people CAN actually get a reward of some sort.

However the downside... folk have used them against other players as a form of harassment which I believe ruined our chances to ever do the event again or have access to something so awesome.
That was the best Halloween by far, and one of the best overall events the game ever had. There was a LOT of content, and everyone from newb to vet had something to be challenged by and work for. The semi-rare Halloween themed drops on dungeon monsters, the gm named pumpkins, new tot items, the harbinger, costumes to collect and the long quest that accompanied them...

That year's Halloween should be the template for all game wide events IMO. Good fun, fiction, and items to find and collect and all at your own pace, not a one off EM event that end up in big piles of players scrabbling for a special item, and tons of people leaving disappointed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That was the best Halloween by far, and one of the best overall events the game ever had. There was a LOT of content, and everyone from newb to vet had something to be challenged by and work for. The semi-rare Halloween themed drops on dungeon monsters, the gm named pumpkins, new tot items, the harbinger, costumes to collect and the long quest that accompanied them...

That year's Halloween should be the template for all game wide events IMO. Good fun, fiction, and items to find and collect and all at your own pace, not a one off EM event that end up in big piles of players scrabbling for a special item, and tons of people leaving disappointed.
Oh I totally agree. I and MANY others LOVE Trick or Treating for stuff... it also IRKS me and many others that the hard work of gaining up 100 Begging is nullified by the ToT... supposedly you need GM begging to get the "rare" items... but in reality GM begging doesn't do a thing for you. Just being a human and having JoAT is good enough to get the "rare" items... ask anyone who does the Trick or Treating. And as a GM Beggar you can go HOURS without getting a "rare" item. That I chalk up to the RNG and it's insanity and when you couple the RNG with the buggy nature of "Luck" look out for stupidity.

But that year did have so much fun... I spent hours running dungeon after dungeon for sparkles. Sadly some of the "spawning" of the sparkles was an issue.... and honestly it would have been "Better" if sparkles didn't spawn in places that players couldn't go and would have been made fine if uncaptured sparkles despawned and respawned elsewhere after not being captured after say an hour or two. Since in some dungeons sparkles eventually were only located in area's players could NOT capture them.

The biggest problem I had with that years event and I often have with events is that if you weren't there (ask any Tamer about Banes and Dreads)... you are NEVER going to have a hope to obtain the item in question unless you are willing to pay 10 to 100x it's "value". Even buying a crappy Dread now they are grossly overpriced and the chance we will EVER see them in-game again seems to be NULL. Which IMO is wrong.