• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a new Cheat for IDOC?

• Thread starter Crystal Canyon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crystal Canyon

So, I see an IDOC this morning and notice 2 characters sitting there waiting for it to fall. I run back to the house and grab a character that has an empty packie, I feed it just to be sure, and grab a house placement tool.

We three sit here about another half an hour, the house falls, I jump off the packie to grab stuff...and low and behold, my packie just disappears! Knowing these two unscrupious players, i figured they had just invised it, but doing reveal produced no packie and niether did logging out and then back in. I then took atrip to my stables, just in case...but no packie there. I even tried several comands for him, but nothing.

Is there a cheat that people like these could have used to vanish my packie? I know that at least one of them was a tamer. And if for some reason it had gone wild, which i doubt beings I had had this packie for years, and had feed him within less than an hour before it disappeared, wouldnt he have been visable just untamed?

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How were you able to hop off your packie?

Was the packie near the house when it fell?

C

Crystal Canyon

How were you able to hop off your packie?

Was the packie near the house when it fell?
I was inside the house when it fell, all 3 of us were. I didnt dismount it until after it had fallen and I had picked up a couple of items.

I also just checked my followers and its shows 0.

MY bad....it was a blue bettle, Im sorry, I always call thema packie to. lol

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone posted a couple weeks ago that their pet disappeared when they went to resize their house. Perhaps the same is true for an IDOC. Sounds like a bug.

C

Crystal Canyon

Someone posted a couple weeks ago that their pet disappeared when they went to resize their house. Perhaps the same is true for an IDOC. Sounds like a bug.
Well there were about 5 blue bettles in there at the time that mine disappeared and a couple of packies also. And, as I said, I was on the bettle at the time it fell. I didnt get off the bettle until probably 3-5 minetes after it had fallen. The other two people didnt sem to have any problem at all.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I see an IDOC this morning and notice 2 characters sitting there waiting for it to fall. I run back to the house and grab a character that has an empty packie, I feed it just to be sure, and grab a house placement tool.

We three sit here about another half an hour, the house falls, I jump off the packie to grab stuff...and low and behold, my packie just disappears! Knowing these two unscrupious players, i figured they had just invised it, but doing reveal produced no packie and niether did logging out and then back in. I then took atrip to my stables, just in case...but no packie there. I even tried several comands for him, but nothing.

Is there a cheat that people like these could have used to vanish my packie? I know that at least one of them was a tamer. And if for some reason it had gone wild, which i doubt beings I had had this packie for years, and had feed him within less than an hour before it disappeared, wouldnt he have been visable just untamed?

Old bug. Someone probably tried to place and that can make unmounted pets disappear permanently.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This has happened to me a few times, and only seems to happen in malas. Now when I do idocs I keep packies stabled til the house falls then I summons them with the summoning ball.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This bug has been around for a bit you can lose beetle, pack horse and lama this way. Never camp inside with a pet.

I found out the hard way. Once lost the pack horse but not the lama..and have lost two beetles this way as well.

G

Gwendar-SP

A note in general, somewhat unrelated: If a pack animal has anything in it's pack you can't log off and on to get it to come to you.

C

Crystal Canyon

Old bug. Someone probably tried to place and that can make unmounted pets disappear permanently.
Ah, so not fixing it just makes the greedy IDOCers able to target your pet with a placement tool, make you lose it permenantly, lose everything on it, not be able to pack off fallen items, and they get to grab it all then?

Wow...how nice!

THis is one incodent that all the people who have posted recently about how "cheaters dont hurt other players and we should just mind our own business", should read. Its a prime example of how they DO hurt other players when they cheat and use game mechanics to thier advantage.

T

The Home Guild

Years back if anyone recalls.. beetles used to take off screen once a player dismounts and we'd have to go running looking for it.Perhaps same type of bug..and thye would go far as hell.. i learned to just log out and in and see if it comes back.

did you check how many pet slots were there after it went poof?

C

Crystal Canyon

Years back if anyone recalls.. beetles used to take off screen once a player dismounts and we'd have to go running looking for it.Perhaps same type of bug..and thye would go far as hell.. i learned to just log out and in and see if it comes back.

did you check how many pet slots were there after it went poof?
Yes, I did, and it was 0 Followers.

T

The Home Guild

Yes, I did, and it was 0 Followers.
Yeah,if you haven't already[i haven't read anyone else's posts]email uobugs bout the concern so thye can look into it further.
As for a placer/idocer causing you to lose your pet,i doubt it.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People were using blue beetles and houses to dupe goods at one point, eventually the devs. caught on and *fixed* the dupe. An unfortunate side effect is that packies and blue beetles poof upon house collapse. I would not necessarily call this a *bug* persay, since it is a simple side effect from fixing a MUCH worse problem.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, so not fixing it just makes the greedy IDOCers able to target your pet with a placement tool, make you lose it permenantly, lose everything on it, not be able to pack off fallen items, and they get to grab it all then?

Wow...how nice!

THis is one incodent that all the people who have posted recently about how "cheaters dont hurt other players and we should just mind our own business", should read. Its a prime example of how they DO hurt other players when they cheat and use game mechanics to thier advantage.
The person trying to place doesn't target the pet, all they have to do is try to place a house and any unmounted pets in the area MAY go poof. It's not a guaranteed thing, but it's definitely an annoying thing.

C

Crystal Canyon

Yeah,if you haven't already[i haven't read anyone else's posts]email uobugs bout the concern so thye can look into it further.
As for a placer/idocer causing you to lose your pet,i doubt it.
Well, if it is a known bug tha trying to place while there are unmounted pets in house, believe me, they knew about it and would try it. I guess, now at least I know why all thier "LOL" filled the room while i was trying to reveal my buggie. Funny part is to me, is why just my bug? They had several unmounted bugs and packies? Sounds to me like it may have been targeted.

Whatever though, its like I have said many times before, if this is a know bug, and has been turned in before (as one person said "and old bug", then it should have been taken care of instead of leaving it for the unscrupulous to use for thier advantage.

I cant help but wonder why so much money is spent on sending our Dev team and other members on these "get-to-gethers" instead of using that money to pay them to fix things in the game. Let alone the time they are away from working on the game, it just seesm like common sense to me to fix any problems you have with your product before free vactions are issued.

Sorry, but Im more than a bit miffed.

C

Crystal Canyon

People were using blue beetles and houses to dupe goods at one point, eventually the devs. caught on and *fixed* the dupe. An unfortunate side effect is that packies and blue beetles poof upon house collapse. I would not necessarily call this a *bug* persay, since it is a simple side effect from fixing a MUCH worse problem.
Yes, I had read about someone losing a pet during a re-do of thier house and I take it that is basically the same, but I was on my pet when the house actually fel. It didint poof at that time, it was minetes laters when i dismounted it that it disappeared.

L

Lady Tiger

i'm sure you're talking about me since me and malic were the only others sitting in the house at the time...well for one I told you i'm on dial up it's impossible to use cheats and I don't even bother with them or look for them. Just cause you seem to know all about these cheats doesn't mean everyone's cheating... I got lucky to place that house. sorry you can't accept defeat.

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old bug and definitely seems more common in Malas in my experience.

I

Intoxication

I'm sure the Devs have many other things on there hands then to worry about someone sitting a idoc trying to get free goods losing there blue beetle. maybe their trying to fix things like duping, hacking, and other real cheats.
Why is it that if something goes wrong for anyone in this game the first thing they do is call someone else a cheater?

T

The Home Guild

Well, if it is a known bug tha trying to place while there are unmounted pets in house, believe me, they knew about it and would try it. I guess, now at least I know why all thier "LOL" filled the room while i was trying to reveal my buggie. Funny part is to me, is why just my bug? They had several unmounted bugs and packies? Sounds to me like it may have been targeted.

Whatever though, its like I have said many times before, if this is a know bug, and has been turned in before (as one person said "and old bug", then it should have been taken care of instead of leaving it for the unscrupulous to use for thier advantage.

I cant help but wonder why so much money is spent on sending our Dev team and other members on these "get-to-gethers" instead of using that money to pay them to fix things in the game. Let alone the time they are away from working on the game, it just seesm like common sense to me to fix any problems you have with your product before free vactions are issued.

Sorry, but Im more than a bit miffed.
They can't place for a random amount of time according to the new idoc changes set months ago. So if thye are clicking trying to plot it will say area is temporary unavalible for placement...i don't see how them using a tool to click would cause such issue.

C

Crystal Canyon

i'm sure you're talking about me since me and malic were the only others sitting in the house at the time...well for one I told you i'm on dial up it's impossible to use cheats and I don't even bother with them or look for them. Just cause you seem to know all about these cheats doesn't mean everyone's cheating... I got lucky to place that house. sorry you can't accept defeat.
LOL...maybe you should read the first post completely and comprehend it...I ASK about a cheat, I didnt know anything about one. Several people have submitted answers about "what could have happened".

Now, if you will go back and read it again, you will see that I didnt know anything about a cheat...I ASK about one.

Oh and for your information, I wasnt trying to place a house, I have plenty and had given my house placement tool to Gunner when he came up there.

Thank you

C

Crystal Canyon

They can't place for a random amount of time according to the new idoc changes set months ago. So if thye are clicking trying to plot it will say area is temporary unavalible for placement...i don't see how them using a tool to click would cause such issue.
I dont know how it could either, but according to posters here, it has happened before and for that reason. Seems it could be a bug, but as I understand it, all bugs can be exploited for personal gain.

Opps, I said ALL bugs, Id better rephrase that to say "some bugs"...my bad!

U

UOKaiser

Its no cheat and in this situation it was not exploited unless the idoc has a mind of its own. Many people use house tools to check what fits on the plot even though they cant place as I believe is the reason you brought youres. This bug effects when a idoc drops a house is demolish,resized but either way the house has to be physicaly there. Might happen not sure if you use your own house tool. Another person cant cause this to happen unless the house is physicaly placed in the spot so it can affect you. Which you cant right after idoc falls.

C

Crystal Canyon

Its no cheat and in this situation it was not exploited unless the idoc has a mind of its own. Many people use house tools to check what fits on the plot even though they cant place as I believe is the reason you brought youres. This bug effects when a idoc drops a house is demolish,resized but either way the house has to be physicaly there. Might happen not sure if you use your own house tool. Another person cant cause this to happen unless the house is physicaly placed in the spot so it can affect you. Which you cant right after idoc falls.
Well, some are saying it could happen in the empty spot and some saying that it can only happen at the time the house falls or when a new one is placed.

If it had nothing to do with the house falling, I cant imagine what else could have happened. The big was feed, there were other bugs there that nothing happened to, and it wasnt at the time of the falling of the house or at the time of a new one being placed.

And no, I didnt attempt to place a house there. I had hollared at guildmate in TS and advised him of the falling house and had grabbed a placement tool for him for when he got there.

Im sorry, but here has to be some kind of explanation here. Pets dont just vanish, something has to cause them to. IMO, it has to be a bug or a cheat. Sounds like similiar, but not quite the same things, have happened to other people

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No clue who you are what shard ya play or any or all of that.... Dont care.( I am neutral to your plight)

Pets do "just vanish" at idoc's it has happened to me over the years several times.

Even when I was absolutely the only camper on site, also when not the only camper. It happens. :grouphug:

one possible explaination : Beetle reads as part of house house falls *delete* no beetle?

C

Crystal Canyon

No clue who you are what shard ya play or any or all of that.... Dont care.

Pets do "just vanish" at idoc's it has happened to me over the years several times.

Even when I was absolutely the only camper on site, also when not the only camper. It happens. :grouphug:

one possible explaination : Beetle reads as part of house house falls *delete* no beetle?

Ok, I have said this several times but Ill do it again....I was on the bug when the house fell...it was later that it vanished...so therefore it could not have been that the beetle read as part of the house falling and was just deleted with the house.

The house was gone
I was on the bettle

5 minetes after the house was gone and most of the loot picked up, I dismounted and THEN it disappeared.

And as I said....NO, they dont just vanish for no reason....there has to be a reason for this. I have played for 9 years and never seen this happen. I have seen them go wild, but not just vanish into thin air.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lag, getting off your mount if you lag and a nearly or off screen creature targets or had already targeted your pet " it can jump, or seem to vanish" as it speeds off to kill creature.

No follower count in bar? Then it died.

Mix that up with targeting problems with pets in the past and present running across the world to target and there ya go.

EVERY ONE MUST BE CHEATING.:p

C

Crystal Canyon

lag, getting off your mount if you lag and a nearly or off screen creature targets your pet " it can jump, or seem to vanish" as it speeds off to kill creature. No follower count in bar? Then it died. mix that up with targeting problems with pets in the past running across the world and there ya go EVERY ONE MUST BE CHEATING.:p
Yes, there ya go....not reading the OP.

I ASKED...not said...not accused...but ASKED, if there was a cheat associated with IDOCS.

Please direct me to where I said "someone must be cheating". Im asking questions heres and telling what a happened..

Ive recieved many good replies explaining possibilities. And yes, I believe it is a possibility that there was a cheat but also realize it could be a bug also. If you read, I believe you will see that.

In town I cant see how any creature could have targeted it... I did go around town looking for it or a dead body. Didnt find anything.

Also, if it was bonded and just dead, shouldnt it show as a follower? Im ASKING, because I dont know. And if it were killed while bonded, shouldnt it appear with me when I log out and then back in?

Next time I shall be sure to put a size 78 question mark at the end of any question. :)

D

D'Amavir

I ASKED...not said...not accused...but ASKED, if there was a cheat associated with IDOCS.

Please direct me to where I said "someone must be cheating". Im asking questions heres and telling what a happened..

Ive recieved many good replies explaining possibilities. And yes, I believe it is a possibility that there was a cheat but also realize it could be a bug also. If you read, I believe you will see that.

In town I cant see how any creature could have targeted it... I did go around town loking for it or a dead body.

Also, if it was bonded and just dead, shouldnt it show as a follower? Im ASKING, because I dont know.

Next time I shall be sure to out a size 78 question mark at end of any question. :)
You didn't say the exact words "someone must be cheating" but you did make a derogatory statement about the people that were present....

Knowing these two unscrupious players, i figured they had just invised it, but doing reveal produced no packie and niether did logging out and then back in.
You followed that comment up with....

Which gave the impression that the people that were present were both greedy and responsible for your loss.

Then you also went on to say...

Its a prime example of how they DO hurt other players when they cheat and use game mechanics to thier advantage.
Again implying that the people present were cheating. But, like you said, you never used the words "someone must be cheating".

I

Intoxication

I'm pretty sure the question at hand has been answered by many experienced people.
Why ask a question if you're not going to believe what people tell you?

C

Crystal Canyon

In town I cant see how any creature could have targeted it... I did go around town loking for it or a dead body.

Also, if it was bonded and just dead, shouldnt it show as a follower? Im ASKING, because I dont know.

Next time I shall be sure to out a size 78 question mark at end of any question. :)
You didn't say the exact words "someone must be cheating" but you did make a derogatory statement about the people that were present....

Knowing these two unscrupious players, i figured they had just invised it, but doing reveal produced no packie and niether did logging out and then back in.
Uhmmmm...since when is "invising a cheat???????? Read again!

You followed that comment up with....
Which gave the impression that the people that were present were both greedy and responsible for your loss.
Again...you two come on here not comprehending what was being said. Did you see your name there? I didnt. Did you see Tigers name there? I didnt. And if you will go back and read tha entire post, it was IDOCers in general I was speaking of and the general lack of not fixing the bugs that was the problem.

Then you also went on to say...
Its a prime example of how they DO hurt other players when they cheat and use game mechanics to thier advantage.
Wow...again you just cant comprehend...I was speaking of cheaters in general. Didnt say your name or Tigers name or say the people that was at the IDOC this mornig. The entire statement was at clearing in general and Im sorry that you cant read that.

Again implying that the people present were cheating. But, like you said, you never used the words "someone must be cheating".
I didnt imply that it was you two, but what is being IMPLIED now, is that you feel guilty of something??????????? I mean, your sending all these nasty pMs and keep posting as though you cant undstand plain English....whats up with that?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As several have pointed out bonded pets vanishing at Idocs is an old old bug. Usually it affects dismounted pets inside the idoc at fall, it doesnt necessarily affect all of them and sometimes none at all. As you say you were mounted at the fall that is certainly different to the norm, I have not seen them vanish afterwards but as it is a bug who knows what odd effects it might have.

I think you just have to accept it was an unusual effect that you were unfortunate enough to get stuck with.

C

Crystal Canyon

As several have pointed out bonded pets vanishing at Idocs is an old old bug. Usually it affects dismounted pets inside the idoc at fall, it doesnt necessarily affect all of them and sometimes none at all. As you say you were mounted at the fall that is certainly different to the norm, I have not seen them vanish afterwards but as it is a bug who knows what odd effects it might have.

I think you just have to accept it was an unusual effect that you were unfortunate enough to get stuck with.
Its not that Im not accepting the possiblilities that are being posted, it is that Im trying to be very informative as to the complete situation. I have stated several times that I was on the bug when the house fell, but keep getting answers that it could have vanished because I was off it then it fell.

And it was also bonded, so shouldnt it have relocated to me when I logged off then back on? Im not a good tamer and not sure of how it all works but I know if my dragon dies and I log out then back on it come backs on with me dead.

D

D'Amavir

Knowing these two unscrupious players
Read and read again.

Again...you two come on here not comprehending what was being said. Did you see your name there? I didnt. Did you see Tigers name there? I didnt. And if you will go back and read tha entire post, it was IDOCers in general I was speaking of and the general lack of not fixing the bugs that was the problem.
Again...

You didn't use a name but anyone reading the above can pretty much understand that comment and understand your thoughts on those involved. .

Wow...again you just cant comprehend...I was speaking of cheaters in general. Didnt say your name or Tigers name or say the people that was at the IDOC this mornig. The entire statement was at clearing in general and Im sorry that you cant read that.
I believe it is you that is not comprehending. Your implications were quite clear and no amount of 'look at innocent me getting attacked by cheaters' is going to change that fact.

I didnt imply that it was you two, but what is being IMPLIED now, is that you feel guilty of something??????????? I mean, your sending all these nasty pMs and keep posting as though you cant undstand plain English....whats up with that?

I think that comment right there pretty much sums up your lack of understanding. Are you claiming now that I sent you a pm? And are you also claiming that I was one of the two people that were there when you experienced this bug? Think hard before you answer that.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed,
I have pmed one person the whole of my years here lurking or other wise. Your not that person Crystal.

Again I know you not. Simply tried help you understand your loss.

If you still truly believe there is a bug being used perhaps the the proper channels should be used.

Damn them greedy idocers.....uuurm wait(burns some brain). Were you not there for the same reason..... lol

D

D'Amavir

Indeed,
I have pmed one person the whole of my years here lurking or other wise. Your not that person Crystal.

Again I know you not. Simply tried help you understand your loss.

If you still truly believe there is a bug being used perhaps the the proper channels should be used.

Damn them greedy idocers.....uuurm wait(burns some brain). Were you not there for the same reason..... lol
I doubt she really even got a pm. Sounds like she is just trying to CHA after she got busted for making accusations and tossing out insults on the boards.

C

Crystal Canyon

Read and read again.

Again...

You didn't use a name but anyone reading the above can pretty much understand that comment and understand your thoughts on those involved. .

I believe it is you that is not comprehending. Your implications were quite clear and no amount of 'look at innocent me getting attacked by cheaters' is going to change that fact.

I think that comment right there pretty much sums up your lack of understanding. Are you claiming now that I sent you a pm? And are you also claiming that I was one of the two people that were there when you experienced this bug? Think hard before you answer that.
First thing you must do if you want to make a point is to NOT split up sentences to make them work to your advatange. Im sorry, but people do read the complete posts here.

I didnt just say "these unscrupulopus characters" I said knowing these two unscrupous players, they may have invised my bug.

INVISED...not did a cheat or anything else...INVISED. Thats what was said.

But what you do with that statement? Break it up and copy ONLY the part you want reply with gibberish to. Thats dishonest in itself dude.

Are you two people? Are YOU the two people that were at the IDOC? Are you the one that sending me messages?

If not, and your so good at desiphering everything I say, Ill bet you can figure out that that statement was not for you. :D

D

D'Amavir

First thing you must do if you want to make a point is to NOT split up sentences to make them work to your advatange. Im sorry, but people do read the complete posts here.

I didnt just say "these unscrupulopus characters" I said knowing these two unscrupous players, they may have invised my bug.

INVISED...not did a cheat or anything else...INVISED. Thats what was said.

But what you do with that statement? Break it up and copy ONLY the part you want reply with gibberish to. Thats dishonest in itself dude.

Are you two people? Are YOU the two people that were at the IDOC? Are you the one that sending me messages?

If not, and your so good at desiphering everything I say, Ill bet you can figure out that that statement was not for you. :D
You called them unscrupulous. Do you not even read what you post, let alone what others post? You think calling someone unscrupulous is not an insult?

As for cutting up sentences, try this full sentence from you....

See that? You said "your sending all these pm's" not "someone else is sending all these pm's". YOU. Honestly, read what you wrote.

I

Intoxication

lol you would think her vendor house just dropped and she lost all her stuff by the sounds of this post. Go tame a new blue bug feed it wait a week feed it again. yay you now have a new bonded bug, now go on with life.

L

Lady Tiger

me cries D'Amavir my feelers are hurt now...dang idocer's.

if her house was to fall for some reason we'd never hear the end of it.

and yes I was the one that pmed her ...i'm sorry please forgive me if i've gotten any of you in trouble.

D

D'Amavir

me cries D'Amavir my feelers are hurt now...dang idocer's.

if her house was to fall for some reason we'd never hear the end of it.

and yes I was the one that pmed her ...i'm sorry please forgive me if i've gotten any of you in trouble.
Didn't get me in trouble. Just made her look silly for accusing me of it when I wasn't the one that did it. And you had a right to question her since she was tossing out insults.

C

Crystal Canyon

lol you would think her vendor house just dropped and she lost all her stuff by the sounds of this post. Go tame a new blue bug feed it wait a week feed it again. yay you now have a new bonded bug, now go on with life.
Looks to me as though this entire post was going very well until "you and friends" stopped by. People were actually trying to give good suggestions as to what might have happened. People who were trying to help. NOt folks trying to stir crap.

Bottom line is that you both had to come in here and play your usual nasty games on the boards, especally in a forum that others dont know the entire history of our relations. Try to look all the innocent and such you want to. Make all your USUALL smart replys... I dont think anyone will care.

Status
Not open for further replies.