• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a great storyteller among all the players on Catskills?

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cal (UO Producer) posted this in Uhall and first thing that popped into my head is how many great Role Playing writers we have on Catskills. Here is your big chance and I might have a idea of what Cal is up to with this.

UO: Exquisite Corpse
I would like to try an experiment with you all:

If you are familiar with the concept of the "Exquisite Corpse" it is used as a means of storytelling.

It begins with a premise (sentence or image) that evolves into a completed work.

This particular purpose is to identify the story-tellers (yes for selfish reasons), and to also get a sense of whether there are any writers as well as RPers.

I will be linking this on Facebook as well, so there may be some cross-pollination.

The rules:
Please remember this is an evolving story based in the realm of Sosaria.

Some may take some time to post their responses. So if someone gets their post in before yours, please adapt accordingly. If you can, please keep your responses/contributions less than 5 sentences.

If at all possible, please use character names and lore from within the story itself. Of course, place names and locations should be consistent with the current world.

Your first sentence:

"As pets go, this one didn't seem to fit into a nice neat category."

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was close to being fully right on my guess as to what Cal was up to with this. As he showed here: UO:Fan Fiction -- Heads Up! I really do hope some of you get your big chance.

As some of you may have speculated we will be engaging the community in more fan fiction.

In the past, it has not gone well when we asked for submissions. But it seems things go in cycles, we will make another attempt.

We will have another go in a very short time, and we will get you the specifics before the end of the month.

There are some restrictions on how we choose fiction, so that is seems objective more than subjective -- so please be patient as we move forward.

- Calvin