• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a good way to target your, targets?

• Thread starter romeo_longsword
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
R

romeo_longsword

double clicking on a monster is fine to a point, but when you are fighting a bunch of fast moving, small target is just too damn difficult to 2x on it.

I also use the drag status bar out, then 2x click on the status bar to attack, but there are situation where you find that's not good enough.

For example, when you are using that momentum stirke from Bushido, your target sometimes automatically changed.

Is there a better way to target your targets?

G

GFY

I have a last target and a next target macro set up. Hit the last target macro if you get switched. Sometimes however I still have to drag and click, especially if I'm fighting Travesty. She makes me lose target too often I have to keep clicking her health bar.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a last target and a next target macro set up. Hit the last target macro if you get switched. Sometimes however I still have to drag and click, especially if I'm fighting Travesty. She makes me lose target too often I have to keep clicking her health bar.
Travesty doesn't make you lose target. When she changes forms and names its a new target and you need to double click the new target.

R

romeo_longsword

Inspired by FYI's reply, I went and have a good look at the hotkey, and now I have Crt T for last target, C Y for next target, and Crt G for attack target.

Hope this will help for those who ask a similar question in the future.

G

GFY

I prefer the number keys and the F keys for my macros. It can be a life saver hitting the right key instead of fumbling over ctrl or alt whatever. :eek:

Oh BTW don't forget to make a target self macro if you cast healing or curring spells.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use 2 macros 1 for select nearest hostile the other for attacklast.

P

pavel.vesely

Select nearest hostile does not works all the time, at last for me. Anyone else? And what to do with it?

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
select next mobile is best i think. allows you to cycle through all the people/mobs on your screen

A

Arch Magus

Select nearest hostile does not works all the time, at last for me. Anyone else? And what to do with it?
Select nearest hostile only works on something already attacking you.

to OP. The best macro I have found is

Select Nearest Hostile>
Attack selected target

Put those into one Macro using regular UO options. Best attack macro ever.

This will automatically select the nearest 'thing' attacking you, and then attack it. Cake. =)

Of course, this only works with the new targetting system.

P

pavel.vesely

I know how it should work, and it does not work all the time, when it should. I use same macro as you, at least on my figters.