• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

is there a fast way to train healing

• Thread starter bob da builder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

bob da builder

this is the first time i have ever used that skill and i love it,but i am having trouble training it, takes forever is there a fast way to train it up
i play video games not wright novels

S

Solikos

There are probably better ways... But here are some options:

OPTION 1:

Take a weapon that you are not proficient with (if you are a fencing character, take a club) to the Arena at Jholem.

Attack 3 or more of the UNARMED soldiers in the pit. Start attacking them with your unskillful weapon (but do not wrestle b/c you will not do enough damage). You'll do relatively small amounts of damage to them, and you won't hit all of the time. Every time you hit one, switch targets (so you don't kill them accidently) and begin healing the damaged opponent. You heal others MUCH faster than you heal yourself, and thus gain faster while healing others. Keep that up and you will gain decently.

If you wear decent equipment (physical resist) they will not damage you at all.

Also, if you plan on training Parry with that character, that is a perfect opportunity. If you have a friend that can disarm, get as many of the fighters attacking you as you can (without weapons). I GMed parry within an hour with about 15 unarmed fighters attacking me, and got a good head start on healing/anatomy as well.

OPTION 2:

Get a friend and spar... Make a macro to heal each other. Basically using the same idea above but with another player. You can both gain skill in healing and other skills at the same time.

OTHER TIPS:

Generally speaking, just try to heal as often as you can... If you constantly fight monsters you don't notice the 'grind' so much and can get some decent cash, and improve your other fighting skills while you're at it.

I'm currently training up a Ninja with Healing... I've noticed that I have to drop some of my equipment and not use Mirror Image, nor do I use cat/dog form. That way I actually take damage and can practice my healing... Think about it.

Best of luck,

~ Solikos

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been awhile since I trained it but remember once I could cure poison I would drink a poison potion then apply aid to cure myself. Also once I was able to rez I had a guildie stay as a ghost and I just kept applying aids, guildie can just ignore the messages asking him to rez and stay as a ghost.

Seemed to work better for gains at higher levels as your working skill at a higher skill level than just a normal heal

T

The_Ox

by far the fastest way is to find someone else that is training healing and cross heal. or go were there is a group fighting and just start healing anyone that is hurt. it is much faster to heal someone else versus yourself.

E

Eslake

Jhelom dueling pit. Hire 2 of them.
Have them guard you and try to attack one. (use hide or invis or whatever to clear yourself from their target)

Now you have 2 happy combatants to keep healed up. You may have to hire a few different ones to find the "good" hirelings (the ones that don't die after 2 hits) but it goes much more quickly with 2.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fastest way I have found is to have a friend help, or if you have 2 accts and 2 pcs you can do it yourself.

One person stands naked (otherwise armor will all break) and pops a trapped box over and over again while you just constantly heal. I went from 40-80 in a couple hours. The next day I hit GM in a couple of hours

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
go to yew sheep pens. disarm and attack all the sheep then go out of war mode. The sheep will continue to attack you while you stand there, you can heal yourself. This also works for parry if you equip your shield