• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a current nerf taming/ Greater dragons thread around?

A

Abies Aduro

it doesnt even look like u attempted to attack it lol
if u get its health lower it wont hit for as much with its fire ball
fail
maybe we should nerf mages instead

M

maroite

When a dexxer comes up, do you just sit there and let them beat on you too?

Not even sure what your problem is. The dragon breathed fire on you because you were standing around and so you think they need nerfed? :wall:

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fail
Well by the rediculousness of your statements I would have to infer that you have never played a mage, or if you have you are terrible at it. I come to this conclusion because if you ask any mage that has ever attacked a greater dragon, you won't survive more than 5 seconds on screen with one. Plain and simple, PVM needs to stay in trammel and be excluded from fel. And with regard to your other uninformed statement, everything implemented into UO now seems to favor dexxers (i.e. imbuing). Whereas dexxers are nothing more than the suit they are wearing, mages have nothing to gain with better gear. I have pvp'd with a mage for 6 straight years now and can honestly say they are the worst they have ever been.

A

Altec

And with regard to your other uninformed statement, everything implemented into UO now seems to favor dexxers (i.e. imbuing). Whereas dexxers are nothing more than the suit they are wearing, mages have nothing to gain with better gear. I have pvp'd with a mage for 6 straight years now and can honestly say they are the worst they have ever been.
Not sure how Imbuing just helps dexxers. I play a mage as well and u can make some sick mage weps with Imbuing where for at least a melee dexxer imbuing items kind of suck because u use up the durability so fast. Imbued bows are nice but no better than imbued mage weps considering u gain 120 of a skills defense ability just holding a wep.

fail
But i do not know why some one would say a mage needs to be nerfed especially when u are comparing it to a dragon or tamer for that matter.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But in the end, no matter what your mage weapon is a better mage will beat you everytime.

O

Oakenwraith

i dont know whats wrong with devs that they let people tame these things in the first place. taming has ruined pvm in my opinion.

they make it so these things can be tamed, then they give all mini-bosses and bosses insane damage to be able to have a decent chance at killing these things, and then all the players recieve that same damage. junk commonly hits for like 100+ dmg with all 70s resists, sometimes within like half a second. its freakin rediculous, and i know its this way because of the freakin drags. devs are like 'oh, these drags arnt dying, so lets make these champs n junk do like 100+ dmg a hit so these drags might die'. its ********, they need to just drop the drags total hp's or not let them be tameable in the first place. everything gets beefed up to compete with these drags, and players cant keep up with it. its bull that on 1/2 the fights out there you HAVE to have a greater drag being the dang tank.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont know whats wrong with devs that they let people tame these things in the first place. taming has ruined pvm in my opinion.

In the beginning dexxers had no chance against of soloing draggys etc. They needed the tamers and bards. Now with Sammy temps and mages who honestly are like armies by themselves, everyone hates em.

A

Abies Aduro

i guess ur a terrible mage if u cant beat a greater drag and mages benefit just as much from imubing suit wise as dexxers do

when we pvp in the champ spawn by no means do greater drags dominate as much yall complain get a decent dragon slayer so u can change weps and 7 hits and its dead not that difficult

M

maroite

i guess ur a terrible mage if u cant beat a greater drag and mages benefit just as much from imubing suit wise as dexxers do

when we pvp in the champ spawn by no means do greater drags dominate as much yall complain get a decent dragon slayer so u can change weps and 7 hits and its dead not that difficult
It takes two mystics about 3 casts each to drop a 1000 HP dragon with a slayer book and hail storm. Thats with little SDI.

People cry about tamers too much, and usually for no reason.

Most have never played a tamer and don't realize the irritations that come with them. Like pathing, lack of commands, poor AI.

T

The Fallout

Well by the rediculousness of your statements I would have to infer that you have never played a mage, or if you have you are terrible at it. I come to this conclusion because if you ask any mage that has ever attacked a greater dragon, you won't survive more than 5 seconds on screen with one. Plain and simple, PVM needs to stay in trammel and be excluded from fel. And with regard to your other uninformed statement, everything implemented into UO now seems to favor dexxers (i.e. imbuing). Whereas dexxers are nothing more than the suit they are wearing, mages have nothing to gain with better gear. I have pvp'd with a mage for 6 straight years now and can honestly say they are the worst they have ever been.
LOL This is mages online my friend. At least in PVP.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These dragons arent much of a threat anymore. The other day I watched an archer take out a fully trained GD in only a few hits.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe greater dragons are just fine in PvM. It's still the strongest pet overall which a tamer can have (tank ability, damage, HP).

Took me about an hour to solo it.