• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Is the Event calander no longer used/defunct ??

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'd guess Longtooths and Flutter have both been busy with their new roles here at Stratics. My time's as well has been really limited of late, as I think has Scribbles'. If you or anyone wants access to be able to help edit the calender, PM me your email address and I'll add you. :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pff okies...is there anywere else...thought there was an official event calander the EMs were supposed to use...cant find that either....i was off on the 28th too...could have made either of the 2 events that took place...dohhhh...oh well ..i doubt i would have got lucky anyways....

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
great lakes has an event every tuesday at 9 eastern. that one should always just be remembered.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They hired a person to run the Ultima Online Facebook and Twitter accounts. For the first few weeks all of the events were being posted. Now it's got very slow and sometimes not even mentioned.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Well, if anyone can help me find up all the event listings and pm lists or links to me, I'll get them on the calender. It just takes more time than I've had to search out all the different shard forums, EM sites, official site, plus random other places, to get the raw info for the calender. (...and someone remind me why there's still not an official single calender for all that stuff already? :p)

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah it takes a lot to search all of the EM forums for monthly event lists, then all the changes and reschedules and cancellations .... it is full time job. One I just dont have time for right now. That is why I am pushing for an EM updated calendar for all events.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Longtooths put the suggestion to Stratics so I am trying to organize an official Calendar for EM Events. I just need to figure out if we are going to ask the EMs themselves to put the times/dates on the calendar or if we will have a volunteer (ie: me) do it.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Just my two cents Flutter... The EMs should do it. if they don't, then when they change the schedule excetra excetra, it falls to you to find out and update, when the EM just do it themselves in a far faster fashion.

Side note, it would also be really nice if such a calendar could also accept community events and not just em events.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dohhh another 2 events sneak by.....this time on atlantic and napa...again nothing on the calander.....seroiusly whats the best advice to find out about these events ...or can u say how u guys/gals find about all these events....

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
dohhh another 2 events sneak by.....this time on atlantic and napa...again nothing on the calander.....seroiusly whats the best advice to find out about these events ...or can u say how u guys/gals find about all these events....
Hopefully they will get that calendar fixed. In the meantime my own website has links to every location that posts the events, and more.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Aye... And so far, only promathia has asked for access to help update. :p

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Longtooth for that link.......and Nails...u have your own website?

Kristin_Carter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Promathia would be a good person to help update the calendar he is always on top of the events!!!! I highly recommend him.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Well, the more the better; if everyone was throwing a few in, it'd be up to date regardless of who's on vacation/busy with work/etc. :)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, I havent had time to update the calendar at all, I promise to start helping brian, longtooths ans flutter more with that.

However, im still confused why UO and stratics itself havent learned the ways of modern times... Give all the EMs access to a google calendar. They can all update to one page... everyone can search that one page... all info can posted on one page... then the real amazing thing the customers can synch that calendar with Ical or google calendar on their personal phones. and thats the magical world of how everyone else in this world operates these days...

Ive mentioned this several times and been shot down by the old timers that have no clue of the wonders of a world past 17 years ago.
I get that the game is 17 years old but it doesnt mean the tools surrounding the game have to be.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there is to be a stratics calender (which is long past due) the EMs need to update it themselves. It takes 2 mins and they should be expected to keep it accurate.

I would put player events on a separate calender for sake of space and to be less confusing.

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Sorry, I havent had time to update the calendar at all, I promise to start helping brian, longtooths ans flutter more with that.

However, im still confused why UO and stratics itself havent learned the ways of modern times... Give all the EMs access to a google calendar. They can all update to one page... everyone can search that one page... all info can posted on one page... then the real amazing thing the customers can synch that calendar with Ical or google calendar on their personal phones. and thats the magical world of how everyone else in this world operates these days...

Ive mentioned this several times and been shot down by the old timers that have no clue of the wonders of a world past 17 years ago.
I get that the game is 17 years old but it doesnt mean the tools surrounding the game have to be.
Meantime, I'd be happy to give all the EMs access to the google calender we do have. :D

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I've just added to the calender all of Nov - Dec 6 for:
  • Asuka
  • Hokuto
  • Izumo
  • Mizuho
  • Mugen
  • Sakura
  • Wakoku
  • Yamato
That just leaves these others; if anyone spots a schedule for any of these shards, maybe help me out with a link/list?
  • Arirang
  • Atlantic
  • Baja
  • Balhae
  • Catskills
  • Chesapeake
  • Drachenfels
  • Europa
  • Formosa
  • Great Lakes
  • Lake Austin
  • Lake Superior