• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is the Billing System Down?

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have finally caved in and decided to come back to Ultima Online.

Trouble is when I enter my credit card information and hit submit the page just refreshes and does not go anywhere. I have checked over and over, used different browsers, even different credit cards. My address is fine and I can use these cards anywhere else.

I tried to email [email protected] but a robot responded saying go online for help? What? This issue is way too specific.

So I tried to call EA and got a wait time estimate of 30 minutes.

Is anyone from EA on that can help me?

U

uomlplayer

So I have finally caved in and decided to come to Ultima Online.

Trouble is when I enter my credit card information and hit submit the page just refreshes and does not go anywhere. I have checked over and over, used different browsers, even different credit cards. My address is fine and I can use these cards anywhere else.

I tried to email [email protected] but a robot responded saying go online for help? What? This issue is way too specific.

TO the above poster, sorry for the OT BUT! You started a 3 page thread debate on which ever client people is suppose to play but is not a registerd paying client! SHAME ON JOO!!!!

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TO the above poster, sorry for the OT BUT! You started a 3 page thread debate on which ever client people is suppose to play but is not a registerd paying client! SHAME ON JOO!!!!
I am 38 years old and have been playing Ultima Online since it started in 1997 when I drove 30 miles to CompUSA to upgrade my 33.6 modem to a 56k modem because of the excitement about UO so I feel I have been around a while..

U

uomlplayer

I am 38 years old and have been playing Ultima Online since it started in 1997 when I drove 30 miles to CompUSA to upgrade my 33.6 modem to a 56k modem because of the excitement about UO so I feel I have been around a while..
Sorry for the confusion but is it my fault if i read you're post wrong?,Where you said Quote"I finally cave in and came to uo" forgive me for my lack of reading comprehension.

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the confusion but is it my fault if i read you're post wrong?,Where you said Quote"I finally cave in and came to uo" forgive me for my lack of reading comprehension.
Not your fault my bad. I left out the word "back" I just re-edited it lolz

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have finally caved in and decided to come back to Ultima Online.

Instead of trying to enter your CC information on the "Billing Info" page, go to the "Subscription Info" tab and then use either the "Reactivate your Subscription" link or, if your account is still active, the "Change Billing Method" link on that page.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't even get the main screen page to load.
I was able to get it to come up by going to the www.uo.com page, clicking on the Account Management button on the left side, and then using the New/Edit Account option. The next screen was the Account Management site. Was able to log in just fine from that screen.

S

Sweeney

Instead of trying to enter your CC information on the "Billing Info" page, go to the "Subscription Info" tab and then use either the "Reactivate your Subscription" link or, if your account is still active, the "Change Billing Method" link on that page.
Doing EA's job for them? Shame shame.. this is another example of "Why did they hire a chimpanzee to be the UO website admin?"

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Way ahead you you. After I did that, it came to a screen that has me choose how many months, then I have to fill out my address and credit card info. After I clock submit, the page refreshes and nothing happens.

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to get it to come up by going to the www.uo.com page, clicking on the Account Management button on the left side, and then using the New/Edit Account option. The next screen was the Account Management site. Was able to log in just fine from that screen.
I am not sure if you guys understand. I can access my account, I just cant PAY EA!!! arrghhh.

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tried again, all it does is refresh the credit card entry page.

This is insane. How do they expect to get new members?

M

Marcus Blackwell

Yikes..hope they get this fixed before I have to renew my account cause if I cant by the website going to be a pain trying to get ahold of them by email or phone.

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I had a similar problem once when I was trying out Vanguard. Couldn't get SOE's site to work.. I'd get so many pages through their elaborate billing procedures and at x-random-page I would lock up on a blank page with IE not thinking or anything.. It eventually fixed itself.. I guess what I'm getting at is every web service has hiccups. Probably something messed up with the billing server, and I'd imagine there is a fix on the way.

Best of luck to you.

S

Smokin

Now do you still think the 2D client is what is holding UO back.

C

Chrissay_

If you are having trouble with the account end of things please go to http://support.ea.com and create a ticket. They will be able to help you out with this issue.

Chrissay

B

Beastmaster

Remember the good ol' days when tickets were something you got for speeding? Now you can speed(hack) all you want but you gotta get a ticket before you can get on the highway.

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are having trouble with the account end of things please go to http://support.ea.com and create a ticket. They will be able to help you out with this issue.

Chrissay
I tried to enter many different credit cards and I just used my work computer.

There is obviously an issue with either my account, or the billing system.

Can you please tell me where in the world I can open a ticket on the http://support.ea.com? I keep running into dead ends, thanks.

donjn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I opened whats called " A Question". We will see what happens..

T

Teeshy

Resolved how? Did you do something that might help other people in same situation?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Close thread. Issue has been resolved.

I'M BACK!
How did they fix it? I had closed my accounts while I was on vacation and now that I'm back it won't let me re open them. I would call but I have a horrible cold and they wouldn't be able to understand me LOL.

S

SwordBlaze

Yo, tell me how you resolved it because I cannot get back. I know EA loves money but they ain't taking any of mine apparently. I am having the same issue.

H

Hopeful

I had an issue redeeming tokens for a week. Only a phone call (2 really) and a few emails through EA nation.com customer support got me a response. I finailly redeemed one today. No insight to what was wrong but calling them seems to be the only way.