• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is the barding calculator incorrect?

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for my ignorance if this has been covered already, and I missed it.

Stygian Dragon
120 music/disco

Instruments:
normal = 10% chance to disco
exceptional = 20% chance to disco
dragon slayer = 30% chance to disco

reptile slayer = 10% chance to disco

Is the calculator wrong for reptile?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for my ignorance if this has been covered already, and I missed it.

Stygian Dragon
120 music/disco

Instruments:
normal = 10% chance to disco
exceptional = 20% chance to disco
dragon slayer = 30% chance to disco

reptile slayer = 10% chance to disco

Is the calculator wrong for reptile?

I know that Super slayers have a lower bonus than slayers (also for weapons...), I am not sure though, whether the 1:3 ratio is correct.

But the Super slayer definately is less good than a specific slayer.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In this case, the barding calculator is wrong. It looks as though the Stygian Dragon is not registering as "reptile". I checked your statistics against an Ancient Wyrm (also BD=160) and both the Dragon and Reptile slayer instruments show 30% success chance, as expected.

Slayer Instruments add 20% success chance (for their group), regardless if it is a lesser slayer (e.g. Dragon) or a super slayer (e.g. Reptile). This is unlike slayer weapon damage.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know that Super slayers have a lower bonus than slayers (also for weapons...), I am not sure though, whether the 1:3 ratio is correct.

But the Super slayer definately is less good than a specific slayer.
The above is simply not true.

Lesser Slayer instruments provide the same bonus (of +20%) for success as a Super Slayer instrument. The benefit of super slayers is that they cover a wider range of targets.

The slayer damage bonus for Weapons and Spellbooks are different between lesser and super slayers. You can find more detailed information on the "Slayer" property here: Slayer Weapons

Stayin Alive,

BG

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The above is simply not true.

Lesser Slayer instruments provide the same bonus (of +20%) for success as a Super Slayer instrument. The benefit of super slayers is that they cover a wider range of targets.

The slayer damage bonus for Weapons and Spellbooks are different between lesser and super slayers. You can find more detailed information on the "Slayer" property here: Slayer Weapons

Stayin Alive,

BG

Well, reading the page :

Super Slayer Weapons will do double damage to the monsters they are meant for.

"Single Slayers" or Slayers that fall into a Super Slayer subcategory will do triple damage

Slayer Instruments will increase your success chance by 20% when used on the creatures it is meant for.
There is no mention on that page about "Super" Slayer "Instruments for which it is not clear (from that page...) whether for "Musical Instruments", in the case of "Super" Slayers the same 20% of regular Slayers apply, or whether for them it is any different.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry, the calculator picks up information from Hunter's guide. I tried to add 'reptile slayer' to the information last night and merely succeeded in losing the 'dragon slayer' information. The database is throwing up a coding error :(

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slayer Instruments will increase your success chance by 20% when used on the creatures it is meant for.
There is no mention on that page about "Super" Slayer "Instruments for which it is not clear (from that page...) whether for "Musical Instruments", in the case of "Super" Slayers the same 20% of regular Slayers apply, or whether for them it is any different.
That's because super slayer instruments work the same as lesser slayer instruments. If they all work the same, there is no need to differentiate them. The only difference between them is the groups of effected monsters, which is explained well.

The slayer property for weapons used to be the same damage increase for super and lesser slayers, but it was changed just prior to the release of SA (to how it is now).

Stayin Alive,

BG