• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Is targeting still off limits in Lua?

P

pgcd

I wanted to make a script that checks the current target and does something in case it matches certain requirements (for instance, it *doesn't* say "All Kill" when the target is myself, as there have been some unfortunate occurrances with my cu sidhe).
Too bad I can't seem to do anything of the sort - as far as I can tell, there's no way I can use Lua to select the next target, or use an item, or invoke a macro, or whatever.
Am I just not good enough to penetrate the veil of SA's Lua or are these actions actually inhibited?

(An actual developer replying would make my day, especially if the reply included some sort of usable reference on what I can and what I cannot do with lua or a reassurance that I will someday soon be able to do this kind of stuff).

P

pgcd

Sorry for the bump, but I'd really like to know if I'm wasting my time - can the target be changed from Lua?