• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] is spell queuing last target with a mouse wheel fixed yet?

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't been able to reproduce this.

I set my "Mouse Wheel Down" to "Cursor Target Last" and roll the mouse continuously while casting the spells in succession. I tried the following combos and they work fine for me.

Explosion -> Flamestrike
Flamestrike -> Evil Omen

If this is not what you mean, please be as detailed as possible with the steps to reproduce this.

The other thing I can suggest is trying out the new "Cursor Target Queuing" option located in the Options tab of the User Settings. If you call up a "Cursor Target Last" action while the spell is being casted, it will automatically fire as soon as the spell asks for a target.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cycle Last Cursor Target
Also known as 'TargetNext' in the Classic Client.

Changes to the next target for 'Cursor Target Last' and 'Attack Last Cursor Target' (also known as 'LastTarget' and 'AttackLast' in the Classic Client, respectively).

Example:
1. Person A and Person B are in range.
2. You cast Fireball and target Person A.
3. Person A is now the last target and has a mini-healthbar underneath.
4. Cast Fireball again.
5. Use 'Cursor Target Last'. It will hit Person A.
6. Now use 'Cycle Last Cursor Target'.
7. Person B is now the last target and has a mini-healthbar underneath.
8. Cast Fireball.
9. Use 'Cursor Target Last'. It will hit Person B.

Cursor Target Queuing
Lets you set a cursor target before a target is needed.

Example:
1. Person A is in range.
2. Cast Fireball and target Person A.
3. Person A is now the last target and has a mini-healthbar underneath.
4. Use 'Cursor Target Last'.
5. You will see "Target queued." in the Chat Window.
6. Cast Fireball.
7. It will automatically target Person A when Fireball is ready for a target.

To cancel a queued target before the spell is ready, use "Clear Target Queue" which is available in the mouse wheel setup, key bindings, and macro actions.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, it's mostly for players who prefer to target with the cursor.

It's also possible to use both targeting systems together, but it would require a lot of coordination. You can use Enhanced Targeting (target current or stored) for one thing and Cycle Last Cursor Target for changing cursor targets of another thing. At this point, you are managing two different targets.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see. You mean it's the casting of the second spell that's not coming out properly. I'll do some in-depth testing when I'm back in the office on Monday, but to answer your other question, you can set any spell on the hotbar to use cursor targeting by right-clicking on the spell on the hotbar, going to Target, and picking Cursor. Also, if you have a spell set to Target:Current and you are not targeting anything (the golden ring spinning around the mob's feet), it will cursor target. If you are targeting something and you don't want to target it any longer, you can press Esc.

My typical set-up when I'm fighting is to set my Mouse Wheel Up to Target Previous Enemy and my Mouse Wheel Down to Target Next Enemy. That way I can roll the wheel any direction I want to get the target I want to cast on, then get to business. I also got one of my side mouse buttons (mouse 4 or mouse 5?) set to Target Nearest Mobile for those times when I just want to get the closest thing to me. That's just my personal playstyle, though. Everyone probably has something unique.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had some time to do some testing this morning. My steps were:

1. Set Mouse Wheel Down to "Cursor Target Last"
2. Set a mob to my last target.
3. Cast Explosion.
4. Mouse Wheel Down once.
5. Cast Flamestrike.

In this case, Explosion hits the mob and Flamestrike casts fine with no issues.

Now if I do:

1. Set Mouse Wheel Down to "Cursor Target Last"
2. Set a mob to my last target.
3. Cast Explosion.
4. Mouse Wheel Down a lot.
5. Cast Flamestrike.

In this case, Explosion hits the mob and I see the power words for Flamestrike, but there is no casting action.

So yeah, this is definitely something going on. I'll see why this is happening.