• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is speed hacking on the agenda still?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember Jeremy and Wiki testing this at a town hall. I was wondering if this is still on the agenda?

It was something to do about the server trust that the client knows where it's at, so when the client lies, the server believes it. So can this be fixed with a patch - or does it need a whole new client (SA)?

I seems like it would increase latency a bit, since the server has to also send more packets to the client (to tell the client where to be and monitor it better)

Anyways... just wondering if it's still on the agenda.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember a lot of things, a lot of promises regarding any type of cheating. In fact I remember a lot of promises made and not kept over-all.

But to answer your question from personal experience from about a week ago.

- Speedhacks are still active and working fine on both KR and 2D.

Furthermore..

- I do not believe EA even fully ackknowledge them or at least admit they boost your speed giving an advantage in battle. Let alone understanding how they work, because the people who write those programs are better than them.
Some players don't either. To that extent there are players that will tell you cheating does not help you win.

- I don't know what a possible fix would do, but it would be better than this. Even something temporary would be great for now.

- Speaking of agendas, the people that do cheat have constantly waged their own little war, misleading public opinion and spreading false information regarding various measures to either eliminate cheating or at least balance game-play -- whatever that might mean to you.
In fact at this point adding a few rules and such here and there would severely limit cheaters. Simply, UO was not built to take this sort "punishment" in terms of illegal software and how it changes game-play.

- A lot of things generally are "In the Agenda" AKA "Radar" of the Devs. When they implement such things, UO suffers because they do it without thought.
Just like the Replicas(and them not being PoF-able mostly), the Faction items, 80% of Stygian Abyss and whatnot.

A new client won't limit speed hacking as long as there's 2D(and from what I saw, KR). Sorry to burst that bubble, I had the same happen to me when I saw how well they work with KR.

Now prepare to see my reply getting trolled and flamed and you be the judge of what's true or false. I've given up on UO to be honest. :blushing: And I've given up defending my "opinions" -if opinions were ever closer to objectivity. See you around.

U

UOKaiser

I dont know how many times this has to be said but the speed is capped on the server side. Almost everyone in KR moves faster than 2d and if someone modifies there computer settings there 2d can move as fast as KR. The only way you won't notice it again is to improve the 2d client to be able to go as fast as the KR client. And also control youre computer settings by making a deal whith microsoft to implent tamper proof on all microsoft systems. Then make a deal whith linix and mac make sure they do the same so you can never modify youre systems.

E

ElRay

I dont know how many times this has to be said but the speed is capped on the server side. Almost everyone in KR moves faster than 2d and if someone modifies there computer settings there 2d can move as fast as KR. The only way you won't notice it again is to improve the 2d client to be able to go as fast as the KR client. And also control youre computer settings by making a deal whith microsoft to implent tamper proof on all microsoft systems. Then make a deal whith linix and mac make sure they do the same so you can never modify youre systems.
English with non gibberish please

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think he said "Speed hacks do not exist.".

Along with a heap of contradictory gibberish and a weak effort at humour.

G

GL_Seller

So the devs acknowledged at a town hall that speedhacks do exist, but this uokaiser guy says they dont....

Who to believe....

BTW ive done all the certain tweaks that you speak of and not once have i ever jumped tiles...I did however go to test and try a certain program out since you can do anything u want on test and guess what I was skipping.. So again please tell me how the devs are wrong your right.

Even during the pvp focus group it was proved by some of the more well known pvpers and posted with evidence. So again they must be wrong and you must be right.

Point is the devs dont care about stopping cheaters they are more worried about putting bandaids on this game by giving us shineys to play with to sidetrack the fact that the cheaters still exist and are getting worse.

Dont believe me go to a bigger shard join faction load it with candlebras and wait....Somehow ppl jump over them.. That doesnt exist either right? They just have better conns and tweaks and somehow move all of them out of the way just before they are gonna walk over them.

F

Fox (Europa)

A few thoughts on the status of speedhacking...

Its real and exists. If you PvP you know this for a fact. You can be happily fighting someone, they get near death or get dismounted and suddenly whish! they disapear off the screen. Frankly there can really be no argument that its real because its so obvious, its well known and even openly admitted to.

Its a slightly grey area and a tough one for the dev team to address because the the speeder progs don't change the client files or the data stream or automate player activity or any of the other traditional bannable stuff.

Have the devs given up on it? It does seem so. I do know that a lot players, including myself, have given up on UO because of it.

Fox

C

Clarifier

Lol :) No SpeedHacks here! Move along.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I doubt they COULD stop all the hacks even if they wanted to... they can catch most Depers etc... because they leave something behind... Duped Items... but Speed Hacks are gone as soon as they are done and if you find a way to block some of them, someone will be creative and make new ones... It's like virus and anti-virus on the internet... a never ending game. If the devs did NOTHING but try to block attacks, they might be able to, if their team is big enough, but if their priority is building a playable game for the majority of their clients, then they have to accept that a small minority of their clients will abuse hacks and they (EA) will always be 3 steps behind.

U

UOKaiser

I think he said "Speed hacks do not exist.".

Along with a heap of contradictory gibberish and a weak effort at humour.
Peopple you still dont understand. The server was capped long ago because of this. There are programs that modify variables in youre system to make 2d go faster but if these programs did not exist you could do it youre self whiout them. Just like theres programs that do things in youre system that you can do youre self. And many people are too lazy or unknowledgeble to do it themself so they rely on programs to do it for them.
Just like i can make a batch file to run and do plenty of things whith my pc or I can rely on a program to do it for me u get? How do you expect ea to fix that slow down kr and cap the server so everyone run on dial up speeds? What can they possibly do?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember a lot of things, a lot of promises regarding any type of cheating. In fact I remember a lot of promises made and not kept over-all.

But to answer your question from personal experience from about a week ago.

- Speedhacks are still active and working fine on both KR and 2D.

Furthermore..

- I do not believe EA even fully ackknowledge them or at least admit they boost your speed giving an advantage in battle. Let alone understanding how they work, because the people who write those programs are better than them.
Some players don't either. To that extent there are players that will tell you cheating does not help you win.

- I don't know what a possible fix would do, but it would be better than this. Even something temporary would be great for now.

- Speaking of agendas, the people that do cheat have constantly waged their own little war, misleading public opinion and spreading false information regarding various measures to either eliminate cheating or at least balance game-play -- whatever that might mean to you.
In fact at this point adding a few rules and such here and there would severely limit cheaters. Simply, UO was not built to take this sort "punishment" in terms of illegal software and how it changes game-play.

- A lot of things generally are "In the Agenda" AKA "Radar" of the Devs. When they implement such things, UO suffers because they do it without thought.
Just like the Replicas(and them not being PoF-able mostly), the Faction items, 80% of Stygian Abyss and whatnot.

A new client won't limit speed hacking as long as there's 2D(and from what I saw, KR). Sorry to burst that bubble, I had the same happen to me when I saw how well they work with KR.

Now prepare to see my reply getting trolled and flamed and you be the judge of what's true or false. I've given up on UO to be honest. :blushing: And I've given up defending my "opinions" -if opinions were ever closer to objectivity. See you around.

1) You say from experience that you know speedhacks still exist? That means that you are either hacking yourself, or worse yu are one of those fools that runs around calling the entire rest of the shard hacker because they kill you :(
I hate to break the news to you bud but unless you are sitting at someone elses computer you are only spreading heresay.

2) You have "given up on UO" yet you feel the need to come to the boards and rant about the Devs and hackers? Interesting. Do you feel 'jilted' by the Devs and now want to try to bash the game to anyone that may listen to your obviously biased opinions? That makes you feel good I guess?
Have you given up or not?
I hope for your healths sake that if you ever "give up" something such as cigarettes or drugs that you do a better job of it or relearn the definition of the phrase "give up"

3) Newsflash: If you make ridiculous statements you will most likely get trolled. And realizing/stating this in advance does not in any way validate your nonsense.

Peace :)

B

BardMal

EA can't stop these guys.

Without a court order and constant FBI supervision, there is only one way to eliminate this kind of game play - make PvP a toggle able consensual event. After a few interactions no one would play with these types of people and they would grow bored "the rest of the way" with UO and probably leave for good.

The only way to get rid of these types, bore them to death.

Right now, they ghost cam every shard simultaneously, and skip in at will where ever they want to take a champ and laugh at the suckers who did all the "work" for them.

The only way these guys ever get "caught" is when they purposely leave bread crumb trails and rub our faces in them, like they did posting the duping pictures.

G

Geralfi

I did a quick little bit of research on speedhacking utilities for UO, and though I would not be so quick to accuse UOKaiser of being a speedhacker or a person that gets killed and calls everyone a speedhacker, I think he has some valid points, but both sides seem a bit uninformed.

My research was not thorough by any means but enlightening I won't name the sites I went to because I don't want to point anyone in the direction of where to get cheats as I am avidly anti-cheating. From what I read it sounds like speedhacking works very similar to the old skill gain hacks that created black-holes crashing players clients who walked too close to the cheater in question and sometimes even entire servers. I'll give a brief history of that cheat for explanatory purposes.

The skill gain hack was used way back when the interface was ridiculously hard to maneuver, many new players never experienced blacksmithing menu that was a gump where you selected weapons or armor, you selected armor then you would have to click and hold an arrow and scroll from left to right to select armor type, e.g. ringmail, platemail. Then you would scroll yet again to select leggings, tunic etc. I may have my dates mixed up the black hole may have occured when the new translucent menus came out but I don't think so, anyways all crafting skills were a painful experience. I believe the hack ran a script that would automatically select the appropriate choice for skill gain, and there was already delays in place to prevent people from making 100 ringmail leggings in less then a second, but the client side of the hack communicating with the server would tell the server in essence "I've already waited let me go" and a black hole would form because all of a sudden one guy is telling the server "I've already waited my let me go" 100's of times in a second, and the server as stated in a previous post, believed him. Wander too close and no one else could tell the server that they had also waited their time.
I remember seeing players doing this by the banks and knowing better to turn around and avoid the area if I wanted to play that night. I'm guessing the PvP speedhack works similarly this but does not create the aforementioned blackhole. A player that is speedhacking may have the same delay as everyone else as UOKaiser stated but if they are running a program like that that only requires a keystroke and mouse direction to enable it is still very plausible that speedhacking exists but is much harder to catch because it is not creating a blackhole. If one screen is x amount of tiles and the hack is telling the server "I've already waited to move x amount" The server is going to respond by essentially teleporting that player to where the server believes the player is.

It's sort of like if your working and you clock out for your break and continue working. As far as the accounting and legal departments know, everything is as it should be, and you get paid accordingly, no one gets in trouble with the department of labor, unless of course someone sees it and verifies it.

C

Canucklehead73

there is only one way to eliminate this kind of game play - make PvP a toggle able consensual event. After a few interactions no one would play with these types of people and they would grow bored "the rest of the way" with UO and probably leave for good.
Sounds about right. But would affect good players in the same way, that's a hard one to go forward with, would hinder legit PvP gameplay too much. I don't know what the answer is, but your right, being able to "not" play with against a cheater would be sweet.

B

BardMal

Sounds about right. But would affect good players in the same way, that's a hard one to go forward with, would hinder legit PvP gameplay too much. I don't know what the answer is, but your right, being able to "not" play with against a cheater would be sweet.
You are probably right, and it's not a feasible solution anyway.

Back about 7 years ago when I enjoyed PvP, I would encounter really good players who spanked me legit. They were usually fun to play with because they didn't tend to smack talk and dry loot. Their tendency was to help me improve if I was willing to stick around and go at it.

I don't like to play with @$$:scholar:s and cheaters, and I don't think EA should attempt to force me to for my entertainment dollar.

If people really want to have more players in fel to interact with, they should make fel more attractive through their conduct. Few people want to spend a hard day getting :scholar: at work and then come home and endure worse treatment for their recreational game play.

I have been in too many interactions where players weren't just speed skipping, they were casting 5-6 upper level spells in less that 2 seconds. I have seen people throw combos while skipping across the screen, and listened to them laugh about it while denying it in ventrillo. "Skillz" :rolleyes:

T

truss

there are no super leet spell casting hacks that let anybody cast faster. that is just stupid. its always the same. bad player who come to fel think they should win right away. it takes time. some people get it and some dont. bad players who dont always say you speed hack. i have had kids run around me like i was standing still and after they die they say speed hacker. stuff is to funny. some do it and some dont but not everybody who is quik hacks. its always something.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are no super leet spell casting hacks that let anybody cast faster. that is just stupid. its always the same. bad player who come to fel think they should win right away. it takes time. some people get it and some dont. bad players who dont always say you speed hack. i have had kids run around me like i was standing still and after they die they say speed hacker. stuff is to funny. some do it and some dont but not everybody who is quik hacks. its always something.

I agree. My guild constantly gets accused of speedhacking, I know for a fact that none of us do, people who are worse will ALWAYS accuse the better people of hacking/cheating/being overpowered.

E

ElRay

1) You say from experience that you know speedhacks still exist? That means that you are either hacking yourself, or worse yu are one of those fools that runs around calling the entire rest of the shard hacker because they kill you :(
C'mon man, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to see and know whos speedhacking.......You know, when they actually blip off your screen in one second? Or with one step, travel 5-6 tiles??

Of course there are sour pusses who lose in pvp and blame it on the other person hacking, there are always people who lose and need an excuse

But to say "how do you know if speedhacking still exists unless you hack yourself?",
is dumb, and doesnt help with trying to get it fixxed

War

E

ElRay

I have been in too many interactions where players weren't just speed skipping, they were casting 5-6 upper level spells in less that 2 seconds. I have seen people throw combos while skipping across the screen, and listened to them laugh about it while denying it in ventrillo. "Skillz" :rolleyes:
Classic example, this is the type of person that skews the term "hacking" and probably confuses the devs. There is no spell cast hack to cast faster, but I bet this person would blame his death on that if he died.

This is the problem, people report all sorts of hacks, but there only is 1 or 2 (speedhack/tilehack) that really give people an advantage

E

ElRay

Honestly Ive looked in to 2 different speed hack programs and there was no difference in speed. I for one do not think they exist. Uo accelerator and cheat engine. And at the highest sets I run around luna exactly the same as without. Sory for listing them but they will only work for those who already have a latency problem. If some one is running at a very high rate they are not using either of these programs an doing multible searches for other ways to obtain such speeds have come up all fail, I sugest its on your end in the form of lag. I PvP on legends and atlantic and havent seen anyone running that much faster then me since i got my 3mb cable connect 2 years ago.
looking back on 2 pages of your previous posts, it would seem(key words) you are a trammy(no offense) but do tell, what do you ping?

5% Luck

looking back on 2 pages of your previous posts, it would seem(key words) you are a trammy(no offense) but do tell, what do you ping?
LOL man i single handedly Wrought pain and demize on Bna of legends with my tamer for weeks on end. In fact they tried to infiltrate my"trammie"guild to get me kicked out by saying I left them for dead in a dungeon. LOL I mean thweres more ways to greif then just pvp!

On atlantic i have been out of the scene for a while(LNR at its height a year or more ago) but I do regular hunts in fel and get attacked A LOT!

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant believe there are still people trying to claim speedhacking doesnt exist. For whatever effort was put into trying to making factions take one step forward, the speedhacking makes those changes take 2 steps back. I was on a faction character running from a gank and a guy on a mare skips up to me while I was in a full out run from half a screen away, in one motion he runs thru me(passing me up) and stam blocks me, dismounts and insta dismoounts me. It cant get any more blatant. My computer and con are far more than adequate to run uo at a good pvp speed. Just look on UO.com and find all the characters with top kill points and find those characters in game and judge for yourself. I guarantee most(if not all) are running at unnatural speeds. On GL just find some SL. There is no effort whatsoever by EA to deal with speedhacking. Its been going on since punkbuster was being discussed and that was how long ago? 2,3 years ago. I find it hard to believe EA cant tell what is going on on thier servers. The fact is speedhacking will continue to plague this game until the plug is pulled because like everything else with UO, its all dollars and cents to EA. The best interests of the game take a backseat to every nickel.

S

sapphirediablo11

I once tried to report a speed hacker... but they got away :|

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saw this thread and had to respond. Let me recount a specific situation I experienced first hand last week:

Myself and one other person were trying to kill a red and weren't having any luck. After about 5 min. of chasing the "red" began taunting/playing with us by simply walking around us (mounted). I decided to walk beside the individual and was blown away at what I saw. Every 3 tiles this person would skip 2/3 tiles ahead of em. 3 tiles - skip - 3 tiles - skip.

I have a pretty good conx w/fast PC. In my guild of 100+ members and through gaming with them have discovered a while back that I am one of the faster players and can keep up with everyone I've run with. I say this to further cement my position. Now I know people will come up with some explanation or excuse... guess you had to have been there or experience the same thing for yourself. I have heard all the talk on speed hacking and as an avid pvper have seen people I "suspected" of speed skipping/hacking. Heck... when I give chase... they get so far off screen in a matter of 5 sec. their healthbars go gray. But I still didn't consider this as solid as what I experienced the other evening.

Blatant speed hacking *step-step-step* !skip! *step-step-step* !skip!

E

ElRay

Blatant speed hacking *step-step-step* !skip! *step-step-step* !skip!
This is exaaaaaaaaaactly what the devs are incapable of fixing?

C'MON DEVS GET WITH THE PROGRAM....this does not equate to fun when playing against another person in pvp, you know........fun?

5% Luck

This is exaaaaaaaaaactly what the devs are incapable of fixing?

C'MON DEVS GET WITH THE PROGRAM....this does not equate to fun when playing against another person in pvp, you know........fun?
The equates to "I got dismounted and cant runn away!".

5% Luck

Dont get me wrong Ive been outrun before but ya gota understand the connectivity is not streamlined. Its fluid and snakes along in a slinky fashion that bunched and stretches out. Its not an even playing field at all. Dont expect it to be.

How many times have you played FPS and got out run out maneuvered and out jumped and shot? Just because this is an MMO it dont make it a difernt internet!

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To all of you who for some reason feel the need to either spread false information or make me look "bad" :

"1) You say from experience that you know speedhacks still exist? That means that you are either hacking yourself."

I was. Last week. As said.

"2) You have "given up on UO" yet you feel the need to come to the boards and rant about the Devs and hackers? Interesting. Do you feel 'jilted' by the Devs and now want to try to bash the game to anyone that may listen to your obviously biased opinions? That makes you feel good I guess?"

It does because it is justified. Until that subsides too. Until then STFU because I can, and will post my opinion. Thanks.

"Have you given up or not?"

I have.

"I hope for your health's sake that if you ever "give up" something such as cigarettes or drugs that you do a better job of it or re-learn the definition of the phrase "give up"."

You imply I do drugs? And then, how is my health your concern? A lot of stuff I do or don't do about/in/for UO are not related to my real life personality, mentality or intelligence admittedly. To top it off, if I end up smoking for 10-11 years I'll make a fuss about quitting every day until that subsides. My damned problem. Now again, STFU.

"3) Newsflash: If you make ridiculous statements you will most likely get trolled. And realizing/stating this in advance does not in any way validate your nonsense."

Just like I'm trolling you for making really ridiculous statements here. Why fail to admit it, your post is nothing but ignorant rants, directly against me as a person and the way I carry myself around these Forums. My "nonsense" is already valid. I just cry about it, sue me.

"There are no casting hacks that let anybody cast faster. That is just stupid."

Give me some time, I'll do that too. I've seen it done, I've talked to the person(s) doing it. I've even seen over-cast hacks. Ever got hit by 3-4 FS at once? **** all if you don't wanna believe me, I don't care. But don't come here saying "No." like you're some official trying to cover things up.

"This is the problem, people report all sorts of hacks, but there only is 1 or 2 (speedhack/tilehack) that really give people an advantage."

Wtf, sure people report ALL hacks. Less obvious ones doesn't mean they're more innocent. And ALL and ANY kind of cheating gives you an advantage or it wouldn't be called cheating, it would be called handicapping yourself or using a different UI to suit your gameplay.. LOL.
This particular belief that most cheats do nothing to help you is up there with BBQLou's claims in the scale of stupidity. Regarding cheating in Ultima anyway. Oh yeah I forgot, you and him are super-soldiers with lightning-quick fingers, reflexes and whatnot. And can do anything a cheater does, manually. :S

"Uo Accelerator and Cheat Engine."

Have you spent enough time tinkering with the options in CE's newer version? (Since we're all out of the closet). Because it will help you "skip" no matter your speed. You got 3MB but I got 24MB. Nice try. And although my supposed Ping shows 64MS in ALL games(BF2142, Generals, Unreal Tournament 3, WoW, Dawn Of War), ALL days, my speed is far greater than anyone else claiming 60MS. Then I saw your next post, 5%, and LOLed.

UO Accel? Never even tried that one. Let me look.

So what if I hack, sue me. Nobody does nothing anyway so why pretend everything is honkey-dorey and play legit for yet another year..? I have done my part of being legit, EA hasn't supported the notion. Kthxbye.

E

ElRay

The equates to "I got dismounted and cant runn away!".
?????

I see you excel at English.

Listen 5% Brain, i'm complaining about speedhacks, not about getting away from being dismounted, please stick to the topic, and not go off into gibberish land, k?

Reading comprehension 4tw?

5% Luck

you know you find your self in a specific group right?

In the Burn UO down fan club!

E

ElRay

Dont get me wrong Ive been outrun before but ya gota understand the connectivity is not streamlined. Its fluid and snakes along in a slinky fashion that bunched and stretches out. Its not an even playing field at all. Dont expect it to be.
Iraq Defense Minister anyone?

so lol

5% Luck

If any of these programs are giving you a speed boost its the connection. Maybe not yours but theirs to you as well.

You are not running at the server cap!

And no on runs over it!

5% Luck

How I run when I play ?

I run fast for a while then it slows.. Even for days. then it picks up again. its not my end and its not their end. Mybe that day a large business was sending info through the hub for 8 hours? I cant say for sure but there is a server cap and it will not run faster unless you hack the server . In which case you would likly be arrested within a month s thats a federal crime!

S

sapphirediablo11

when someone is speed hacking the server cap doesn't apply to them, which is why it would appear that they are blinking when they move, since it is going to fast for the system to comprehend. If you do not think speed hacking exist i will get you into a race with someone i know, they will beat you 100% of the time. :| nuf said.

E

ElRay

when someone is speed hacking the server cap doesn't apply to them, which is why it would appear that they are blinking when they move, since it is going to fast for the system to comprehend. If you do not think speed hacking exist i will get you into a race with someone i know, they will beat you 100% of the time. :| nuf said.
Thank you

Maybe if we get enough people complaining about it, it might GUILT TRIP the devs into doing their job!
Cuz the paycheck aint working!

S

sapphirediablo11

Thank you

Maybe if we get enough people complaining about it, it might GUILT TRIP the devs into doing their job!
Cuz the paycheck aint working!
I only know this since i used to hang out with a group, and had no idea about what they did until i was aloud to be "member rank" so they invited me into their ventrilo and it was like wow, so that is why you guys seem being to get away... and i left the group :| oh well, who needs hackers anyways :|

Yea this does need to be fixed :| someone???

P.S. People who deny the existance of speed hacks, i have an inquirey for you.. do you believe in scripting? or people who unattended macro??? i know this is a bit random but i just want to know :O

5% Luck

You guys are ruining the game more than any hacker ever could!

S

sapphirediablo11

You guys are ruining the game more than any hacker ever could!
DAMN i hate people who try to make the game better but in real ruin it, since everyone that denies it is a hacker DAMN i hate when the hackers in games out number the honest people Damn!

5% Luck

I have seem players out run me before. its part of the game.

If you dont like fighting that person dont fight them! thats your call. A cowardly one albeit but a choice none the less

E

ElRay

If you dont like fighting that person dont fight them! thats your call. A cowardly one albeit but a choice none the less
Oh yes, call the honest player a coward for not wanting to fight the speedhacker, how quaint

You can dodge fights with speedhackers true, but their number are growing, why?

Because the devs arent doing a damn thing about them!

S

sapphirediablo11

There is a difference of someoen out running you, and someone speed hacking... okay were to start... i guess i will use me as an example on my home shard my packets lost are 0 and my ping is about 23 give or take 10 i run at the cap of the game all of them time, since i do not experience lag. When i start to run side by side with someoen then they start to bink and are 6 screens ahead of me in less than one second that is speed hacking, when someoen is running side by side and they get 1 or 2 sets infront then oh i might have moved the mouse incorrectly my bad... see the difference.. 2 steps... 6 screens... 2 steps... 6 screens... 2 steps... 6 screens... i do, its a small one but one none the less.

S

sapphirediablo11

Oh yes, call the honest player a coward for not wanting to fight the speedhacker, how quaint

You can dodge fights with speedhackers true, but their number are growing, why?

Because the devs arent doing a damn thing about them!
Actually you can't run away from a speed hacker lol, they will just catch back up :|

5% Luck

There is a difference of someoen out running you, and someone speed hacking... okay were to start... i guess i will use me as an example on my home shard my packets lost are 0 and my ping is about 23 give or take 10 i run at the cap of the game all of them time, since i do not experience lag. When i start to run side by side with someoen then they start to bink and are 6 screens ahead of me in less than one second that is speed hacking, when someoen is running side by side and they get 1 or 2 sets infront then oh i might have moved the mouse incorrectly my bad... see the difference.. 2 steps... 6 screens... 2 steps... 6 screens... 2 steps... 6 screens... i do, its a small one but one none the less.
There was one guild I know did this I have seen in in person. SX. They Xfered around shard to shard letting everyone know they hacked and they ruled for it. That is tue but to demoralize the community should be against the RoC here on stratics.

Stop ruining this community is my point. If you are having a seirouse issue with a specific player or group, Like SX its will be taken care of in time. But makeing me(and many others) feel that this game is lame borked jorked corupt or broken, only leaves the feeling that this game is going to die and should very well be a bannable offense.

Some of the players and posters here on stractics "seem" to be working for another gaming company. Squeezing the players out of this COMMUNITY one by one. And with your vehement stance to make us ALL look bad you yourself should look in the mirror!

Now I have broken the Roc at lease 3 times in this thread alone! GL to me the only ones left trying to keep the community together will all be put to the side and you will play alone!

E

ElRay

There was one guild I know did this I have seen in in person. SX. They Xfered around shard to shard letting everyone know they hacked and they ruled for it. That is tue but to demoralize the community should be against the RoC here on stratics.

Stop ruining this community is my point. If you are having a seirouse issue with a specific player or group, Like SX its will be taken care of in time. But makeing me(and many others) feel that this game is lame borked jorked corupt or broken, only leaves the feeling that this game is going to die and should very well be a bannable offense.

Some of the players and posters here on stractics "seem" to be working for another gaming company. Squeezing the players out of this COMMUNITY one by one. And with your vehement stance to make us ALL look bad you yourself should look in the mirror!

Now I have broken the Roc at lease 3 times in this thread alone! GL to me the only ones left trying to keep the community together will all be put to the side and you will play alone!

Look, the devs (and players) dont need/want to hear this gibberish and accusations about who and where and why.

All the devs need to know is that there is a speedhack(s), and that they should do something about it

roninaxx

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a quick little bit of research on speedhacking utilities for UO.
I'm guessing the PvP speedhack works similarly this but does not create the aforementioned blackhole. A player that is speedhacking may have the same delay as everyone else as UOKaiser stated but if they are running a program like that that only requires a keystroke and mouse direction to enable it is still very plausible that speedhacking exists but is much harder to catch because it is not creating a blackhole. If one screen is x amount of tiles and the hack is telling the server "I've already waited to move x amount" The server is going to respond by essentially teleporting that player to where the server believes the player is.

but what it does do is create lag for players not using a speed hacks the server is trying to balance a should be here but b is already moved there = bottle neck to sort, its only milliseconds but a= 1 2 3 b =1 3 5 skipping effect so the appearance of lag is there but in reality all that has happened is b short cut the system to move from point a to point c bypassing point b . then there is the goza matts

roninaxx

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look, the devs (and players) dont need/want to hear this gibberish and accusations about who and where and why.

All the devs need to know is that there is a speedhack(s), and that they should do something about it
If i were to even try to list all the times a gm has been paged and asked poitley just to com and observe on multi shards, it is always the same auto responses. we'll look into it or threats of account suspension, because of the page

A

AesSedai

- I blame Wombat & server code. Can't changer server code very easily when still dependent on Wombat......... ...---...
...---...
SOooo bring on SA because the Wombat spaghetti code is known to be a programmer's nightmare ~ best chance to remove most speedhacking happenings is to abandon the 1995ish code (including updating server code), by my reckoning. Can't stand that? Then presumably we will have to deal with speedhackingings and therefore PvP will continue to suffer and be unable to provide the entertainment that it otherwise could without the impish cheaters.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
""therefore PvP will continue to suffer and be unable to provide the entertainment that it otherwise could without the impish cheaters.""