• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Resist Spells] Is resist worth it?

N

Nijecka

I am typical necromage template with inscription instead of resist. Is having 120 resist all that helpful balanced against losing the 10% SDI from inscription? Thoughts?

N

Nijecka

PvP Or not?

I wouldnt recommend running a caster template in PvP without magic resist.
I'm talking PvM/PvE. I'm trying to figure out a way to have better survivability against some of these champ spawns. I can solo Baracoon, but I get tons of trouble from any type of mages, even with all 70 resists on my armor. I know resist spells doesn't mitigate damage, but there's got to be a way to have a little bit better survivability against mages. Any thoughts?

S

Smokes To Much

You use orange petals and trapped box?

IMO the 10% bonus from inscription is a giant waste in PvM. Better off adding SW to your char.

Last edited by a moderator:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not much point to inscription in the PvM arena. (Dont much need resist either) You could just go magery/eval/mystic/focus/med/weaving all at 120 and you'd be pvm ready.

DankNuggets

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think any mage or mana heavy character without resist is a fail. It works.. i guess, but even mosters mana drain and mana vamp. If you have a weapon skill or alchemy or some form of non mana offense then it would be ok to me. But when you need mana to survive, do damage, cast utility spells, etc I think it's a dumb idea to go without resist spell.

I play low meditation characters tho.. perhaps thats why I feel this way.