• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is my thief bugged?

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have GM hiding/Stealth

Whenever I enter the Fan Dancer Dojo I end up with every Fan Dancer following on top of me. If I change levels any that are in the vicinity come running super fast. If I go back to a level I was on, they are all still waiting for me or come running (if it has been awhile). The ones uptop, before going down the 1st stairs don't seem to do this, but as soon as I go down the stairs it happens. This didn't happen to me before, but I am just dusting her off after quite awhile, so I thought maybe for some reason this is new? Does this happen to anyone else?

I was thinking of stoning off the skills and making her again, but I thought I would ask here before I did.

Thank you in advance for any help on this

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have GM hiding/Stealth

Whenever I enter the Fan Dancer Dojo I end up with every Fan Dancer following on top of me...
Are you saying that the Fan Dancers somehow seem to "see" you even tho you are hidden?

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you saying that the Fan Dancers somehow seem to "see" you even tho you are hidden?
Yes. They don't attack me, though, while I am stealthed. Just follow me. I decided to see what would happen if I attempted to steal an item and I died almost instantly with all of them attacking me. They then followed my ghost to the entrance and were there waiting for me when I stealthed back in and were on top of me again all the way to my body.

They follow my every move like they can see me, and I know it wasn't like this before, so I didn't know if anything had changed with the Fan Dancer's since I used her a few years ago.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. They don't attack me, though, while I am stealthed. Just follow me...They then followed my ghost to the entrance and were there waiting for me when I stealthed back in and were on top of me again all the way to my body.

They follow my every move like they can see me, and I know it wasn't like this before, so I didn't know if anything had changed with the Fan Dancer's since I used her a few years ago.
That is very, very wierd Lady.... I know occasionally when I'm on one of my stealther's it "seems" like something or other has "spotted" me, but nothing like what you are describing. What you are saying is brand new behavior, and it shouldn't be. What's the point of being able to "Stealth" if common monsters can (and do) track you around. I currently have a stealther in the dojo and nothing like what you have described has happened to him there....

:(

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for your response. I was hoping that it was not some new kind of behavior in there, it is REALLY annoying.

I will stone the skills over and recreate her to see if that works :)
*crosses fingers*

C

Cyric_SP

If you haven't deleted her yet try this:

Change to a different server, like to go fel or tram and die. I seem to remember something like this use to happen years ago. Dying on the same subserver doesn't fix it. You need to go to a different subserver and die.

Has something to do with resetting the enemy ID or something like that.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the reply, I should have not been so impatient lol I already got rid of her, but now I know what to try if it ever happens again.

B

Blueice_99

Actually they are bugged beasties that happen quite frequently in UO, think the DEV's have known about them forever and just ignore the glitch. They caused it shortly after AoS days messing with AI on em... all beasties