• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Is My Math Correct?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Finally getting around to properly arming and outfitting my sampire. Ornate axes are popular, but I want to make sure my math is right.

180 stam = 6 ticks = -1.50 swing speed
150 stam = 5 ticks = -1.25 swing speed
Ornate axe = 3.5 swing speed
3.5 - 30% = 3.5 - 1.05 = 2.5

Therefore, if I have 30% ssi on my ornates, I need 150 stam to swing at full speed. Is this correct?

Also, I noticed Lynk is using hatchets and AI. With 180 stamina, a hatchet can swing at full speed without ssi, which would free up another imbuing slot. Are hatchets only worth it if you have lumberjacking to boost the damage?

Building a set of weapons, assuming the calculations above are correct. Ornate would be: slayer, 40 di, 30 ssi, 44 hml, 40 hsl. Hatchet would be: slayer, 40 di, 44+ hml, 40+ hsl, ______ (hit spell, hci...something).

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally getting around to properly arming and outfitting my sampire. Ornate axes are popular, but I want to make sure my math is right.

180 stam = 6 ticks = -1.50 swing speed
150 stam = 5 ticks = -1.25 swing speed
Ornate axe = 3.5 swing speed
3.5 - 30% = 3.5 - 1.05 = 2.5

Therefore, if I have 30% ssi on my ornates, I need 150 stam to swing at full speed. Is this correct?

Also, I noticed Lynk is using hatchets and AI. With 180 stamina, a hatchet can swing at full speed without ssi, which would free up another imbuing slot. Are hatchets only worth it if you have lumberjacking to boost the damage?

Building a set of weapons, assuming the calculations above are correct. Ornate would be: slayer, 40 di, 30 ssi, 44 hml, 40 hsl. Hatchet would be: slayer, 40 di, 44+ hml, 40+ hsl, ______ (hit spell, hci...something).
I think you need 180 stam and 40 ssi to swing ornate at cap. I use ranger cloak and 5 ssi ring with my axes.

I do not use SSI on my hatchets so I can get higher mana leech.

If you don't have LJ, I wouldn't use a hatchet I would use a leaf blade.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hmm, ok. Something is wrong with my math then. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Leaf blade looks good--feint and AI are awesome--but I'd like to figure out the stam/ssi requirements to swing at cap.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Nm, I see what went wrong. I calculated ssi before stamina, but it should have been the other way around. Thus:

Ornate Speed = 3.5
180 Stam = -1.5

(3.5-1.5) - 40% = 1.25 (rounded to highest quarter)

This means that, with 180 stamina, I can swing a leaf blade or hatchet at speed cap without ssi. It also means that the 5% ssi from ranger's cloak won't benefit me, so I might as well stick with quiver of infinity.

It also means that I could drop M&S for Spirit of the Totem. My weapons could all be

Leaf Blade
40 di
50 hml
50 hsl
30 hld

Or rather, I could if not for the resists of fey legs, totem, and gladiator's collar. :(

JJMcClure

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't a Leaf Blade a fencing weapon?

I would keep the M&S and add 30 HLA to your weapon. I have found that with 30 HLA, 30 HLD, 45 HCI, and 45 DCI I could drop parry and still hit like crazy and take minimal damage.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I think I'm going to have to keep the M&S, both for the dexterity and the resists. Besides, it looks like the only way I can reach 180 stamina is with an imbued/runic gorget, so I'll lose the nice gladiator collar resists. HLA sounds like it might be the right way to go, though--thanks for the tip!

Aye, leaf blade is fencing. Fortunately, I have all three weapon skills soulstoned. ^^

JJMcClure

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man I really need to get me a few more stones! Would be nice to switch weapon skills when every the boredom arouse.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

To swing an Ornate at the cap you need 180 Stam & 35 SSI or 150 Stam & 55 SSI.

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how would you get 55 SSI? I'm currently running the cloak, tinker legs & turquoise ring - 20 + 30 from the weapoin. Where does the other 5 come from?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

There is a head piece with 10, a brace with 5, legs with 10, ring with 5, cloak with 5, divine fury is 10, assassin armor with *I think* 5 per piece or 20 for the set.

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahhh daimyo's helm and I completely forgot about the assassin set. Thanks Lord.