• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is Kingdom Reborn Ever Coming Out?

H

Hanneth

October 2007 they finally had a pretty good Alpha version of the client going. It was almost Beta quality, but is still missing quite a few features from the 2D client and is missing even more useful features that were in the 3D client.

Then in November they decided to break the client making it barely usable and have left it that way ever since. I thought KR was supposed to be the future of UO. Also didn't they promise that they would actually finish what they started? Hearing all about how things had changed and were getting better. 7 month later and they can't even fix the problem with some of the hotkeys not working anymore.

Really, how hard could it be to fix. They started out with a new code base. If things were properly implemented I could probably walk in there and fix the problem in less than a day. If I were as slow at fixing problems as the UO team has been the last 7 months. I would be fired, and considering I'm one of the Lead Developers at the company I work for, that's really saying something.

Could we at least have the 3D client back until KR is actually ready for release?