• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it time for a mass Fred vs Bob war?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm thinking yes. What we need...come up with a shard...volunteers to supply weapons and armor. Healers...lots and lots of healers...hmmmmm

Discuss...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to admit, I was always a Bob. I couldn't stand the thought of being a smelly Frenchman named Fred...la

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had an EM event one 4th of July where people had a couple hours to create a new char on Europa and name it either American Force or British Force. War was declared and one side had to defend Brit Castle. It a fun event and no rewards other than noobs killing noobs.

D

Dor of Sonoma

I'm thinking yes. What we need...come up with a shard...volunteers to supply weapons and armor. Healers...lots and lots of healers...hmmmmm

Discuss...la
I volunteer Sonoma, weapons, armor and a base of operations.

Oh, and one healer :)

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember my first Bob vs Fred wars on Chessy back in 1997/1998.

Very fun!!!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmm, maybe it would be better to rather than a Bob vs Fred, to have a Bob invasion. It's always fun to have 20 Bobs running around with 50 tactics and 50 swords attacking a single fully geared player and watch them perish to the fury of Bob...la

A

Alyssa of ATL

Yay.

I have a naked Fred on Catskills, in Fel Brit... armed with a dagger :)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Freds and Bobs only is sexual discrimination.

I am offended.

:D

T

Turdnugget

Fine, you can be Bobbette or Fredrica. Your choice.

I think this'd be a blast. Have a monthly Fred vs. Bob war.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I pick chessy cuz im from there and can craft tons of weapons with our Crafters Society Guild. But honestly where ever hehe. I still vote for Chessy heh.

BOBS WILL WIN!!!!! :bowdown: Down to BOB!

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

...well, actually, it seems we are down by one :D

That was fun though.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmm, maybe it would be better to rather than a Bob vs Fred, to have a Bob invasion. It's always fun to have 20 Bobs running around with 50 tactics and 50 swords attacking a single fully geared player and watch them perish to the fury of Bob...la
Somehow I think that the way the game is today, the single scrolled out Temp with a maxed out suit and weapon, would kill all 20 of the Bobs.

But it would still be fun.

I'd do it on any shard, but would prefer Chessy since I could also help out with tons of weapons and armor. I have more than 200 War Forks lying around in my houses, let alone enough basic armor to suit up 20 people....

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ty Rico & Morgana LeFay I laughed so hard I almosted peed my pants!

What about another BARTON! invasion??? That was funny they even invaded Legends!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like this idea, and it's just more proof that silly EMs were never needed in the first place. Oh, and of course I would be remiss if I didn't add the comment.."Morganigail, do you have to make every thread you post in about you?"...there..again though Rico, nice idea...

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know...I'm going to make a new "monk" type character just to heal people. I will name him Bob!

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember my first Bob vs Fred wars on Chessy back in 1997/1998.

Very fun!!!

I had a Fred or a Bob in that forget which name now, on Chesapeake back then. I was in other Fred Bob wars too assorted shards they are always fun !!

I can make a Fred or Bob anywhere, but I do have res chrs on Ches. and Siege would be fun to see a lot of Freds and Bobs on Siege too, or Chesapeake ...

of course if we pick Sonoma...I think Dor's one establishment is nicely located by a cemetary ... tis kinda nice to DIE by or upon, a place of internment. lol :)

I am up for an overdue Fred Bob war...or even a Lupa the Butcher we had that once too, myriads of Chesapeake players all made Lupa the butcher and invaded another shard we were like a throng of ants upon all their peeps attacking em makin lag from hell upon the shard we invaded, it too was a riot. :)

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had an EM event one 4th of July where people had a couple hours to create a new char on Europa and name it either American Force or British Force. War was declared and one side had to defend Brit Castle. It a fun event and no rewards other than noobs killing noobs.
That wasn't an EM event...it was umm...another of Stuffa's ideas that I kinda got to help on...:D It was good times!
Kind of a spin off of the Barton invasions..lol
The best one was when we did the Santa Barton invasion on Origin..
Yew gate fel will never be the same after that horde of Bartons came pouring out the gate at them. Talk about mass suicide! Barton carcasses everywhere! :eek:

D

Drafgard

I'm in! I remember taking part in one of these a loooong time ago, i forget when, and on what shard, but thats nothing unusual for me!

Bob ftw!

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Psssshht, just join RP and you'll have all the wars you need. Loads of fun.

U

uoBuoY

Nice idea. Might attract a lot of non-PvP people as well. But, how do you prevent a griefer guild from ruining the event?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm IN. Not sure itll work the way it used ta, but what the heck?
Alchy Fred anyone?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice idea. Might attract a lot of non-PvP people as well. But, how do you prevent a griefer guild from ruining the event?
That's perhaps the beauty of it...having 100s of newbies that have nothing to lose swarming and griefing the griefers :D

I'm in too!

C

Cromag

OK,

How about anyone who is willing to provide supplies or healers chime in. Then based on response we pick a shard.

Im in for Chessy. Supplies and/or healers.