• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Game Is it possible to permanently set the cc (client) windows process priority level to high ?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive tried 5 different way I found online none work...
should I tho ?

thank you

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I dunno about priority, but to keep Windows from auto-downloading and updating when you might be in the middle of something, you can set your network properties to "metered connection".

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This reeks of people messing with stuff they shouldn't but who am I to deny you the opportunity to **** up your system?

You say the link you posted "didn't work", what were you expecting and what didn't work with those updates? Task Manager and Details is the most user safe way of doing it. The only other way is to mess with your registry.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did all the different ways none the set the priority to high none work only that works is to do it in task manager and you have to re do it ever time you open the client it’s not permanent

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I did all the different ways none the set the priority to high none work only that works is to do it in task manager and you have to re do it ever time you open the client it’s not permanent
Doing everything as administrator?

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this might work

create a shortcut
when presented with 'type the Location of the item', enter -

C:WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start "Ultima Online" /high "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\client.exe"

when presented with 'type a name for this shortcut', enter (a descriptive name such as) -
Ultima Online (high priority, patch checking skipped)

when the shortcut is created, edit the shortcut you just created, and modify the 'Start in' field to be your installed UO CC path -
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic"

priority is probably needed to be set only on the 'client.exe' file?
loading the 'client.exe' file directly will skip the patch updating.
this will be a problem once a publish forces the patch to be a requirement.

not sure about setting priority on both 'UO.exe' and 'client.exe'.
meh.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i tried that already i couldn't get it to work ill try again following your directions tyvm