• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Is Imbuing worth it if you don't have a crafter?

Kaine

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am thinking of replacing focus with imbuing on my mystic. Is it worth doing if you don't have a crafter to make gear? How useful is imbuing on storebought or looted items? I've heard it's a great path to getting some of the best items.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing is a useful skill to have. You will need other crafting skills ideally such as tailor/blacksmith so you can make the items to imbue.

With the new loot thats about I mainly use these items for armour and then imbue parts to fit in around them.

Most of my weapons I imbue as loot weapons are pretty much always junk. Unless some nice splinter weapons as you can't imbue splinter onto them.

Kaine

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
What's the difference in power between imbuing a storebought or non exceptional crafted item compared to an item made by a GM character.

I only have 1 character at the moment and it's a caster so I would really only be interested in imbuing armor.

As a new player the idea of creating a crafter and then having to GM up 4 or 5 skills is extremely daunting, whereas adding imbuing to my mystic seems relatively painless in comparison.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I suspect that it's pretty easy to ask in Gen Chat to get someone to make you a few items. Also, most times it's fairly easy to buy a +60 hammer, so really you can make most anything with smithing exceptional with only a little bit of smithing. Other skills not so much, but again, buying a handful of exceptional rings/bracelets is likely pretty easy.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
What's the difference in power between imbuing a storebought or non exceptional crafted item compared to an item made by a GM character.

I only have 1 character at the moment and it's a caster so I would really only be interested in imbuing armor.

As a new player the idea of creating a crafter and then having to GM up 4 or 5 skills is extremely daunting, whereas adding imbuing to my mystic seems relatively painless in comparison.
450 max imbue weight vs 500 on most things, I assume 550 vs 600 on 2h weapons.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you buy from NPC you can imbue 450 wight rather than 500 from exceptional crafted items.

As Tuan says just holla in chat and I'm sure somebody would make you items then you can just imbue.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You also lose the free resists from GM arms lore when imbuing store bought armour instead of crafted armour.
I'd keep focus on your caster instead of using imbuing, as focus helps with mana regen.

Build a basic crafter. If you only want to imbue armour at first, you will only need tailoring, arms lore (which gains with tailoring) and imbuing there to craft basic leather armour. If you also want weapons, then train blacksmith later.