• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is Factions broked?

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had really hoped this event would give Faction play a boost with a kicker of pvp interest. I joined Factions months ago to "train" up for this event. I feel as lost now as when I first started.

I am really hoping that after the first weekend after publish 56 and the towns being on auto pilot for invasion purposes, that we can focus on players in factions having an impact on the game. On the Factions forums there are more descriptive reasons as to why this is not working. Here is the link to one of the major problems we are facing. There are other issues as well.

I am by no means an asset to the Faction community....yet...and I have really enjoyed this side of UO but my excitement is waining due to the opposite effect this is having on players. One comment made to me was, "this all favors the people without jobs and lives who can sit at the sig post and keep track of hours on a spreadsheet or something." The reason for this is the city status is not updating properly. We had to figure out what was accurate and what wasn't last night just to get the sigils back in play.

Please someone address this for the players so we can get more interested in factions beyond the cool items you can get now.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
signed.

I'm TB on a low population shard and not worried about it over much atm as I am having fun with invasions and other new stuff, soon however....