• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is Catskills sleeping?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell, I cannot be around much these days either. Job issues and fantastic weather keep me from sitting at my computer. However, I always try to make it to events.

Yesterday, at the Storyteller's Night at the Rewards Hall (an event organized by our fantastic EM Cernunnos) only a handful of people showed up. It was fun and entertaining (although at some point I literally fell asleep; may you forgive my wordless disappearing; to my excuse: the event started at 2 am my time).

I am hoping that the communities will become more active again and at least organize an event for Catskills once a week. I want to invite the players to visit such events, even if there's no valuable reward and no monster to slay. It can be fun just meeting people without hunting for anything.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think for a lot of folks it is the early signs of summer. For some it is a matter of personal issues. Cats always goes in waves though, Things will get busy again soon.

C

Cass1

Tis the season of sun, patios, beer, booze, tobbaco... A lot of the time I am too cross eyed to log on...

S

Shioni

Yeah i kind of quit UO i still have an account and stuff but, meh they haven't given us a patch in like 4 months so what little interest i have is fading away, and im sure many others have the common problem.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it is the summer thing for my family pules it real life over game life and i love to see new pace in the summer like we going to the renn fair in CO for father day weekend

A

Arch Magus

it is the summer thing for my family pules it real life over game life and i love to see new pace in the summer like we going to the renn fair in CO for father day weekend
Renn fair? sounds fun :D

I might be a little uncomfortable around all the nerds though.. hehe.;)

D

DPudding

I find that righting the ship of Capitalism and talking bad about our President is more fun than playing games.

CharlieTib

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're going to do more frequent cruises. One of the members captains a boat and has done a couple already,it was pretty neat i think.It gives you pirates something to try to act with in rp.

S

Shioni

Flutter....if you weren't so much older than me....I'd come down there and love you up.
And I was thinking you where the older one :-D - P <

The real question we should be asking is how long will UO be living off life support from pogo?

D

DPudding

And I was thinking you where the older one :-D - P <

The real question we should be asking is how long will UO be living off life support from pogo?
I'm just 13. Started playing when I was 3.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Im only 7. I started playing when I was -4.
So there!
And I was thinking....
When they say Catskills is "sleeping" is that kinda like when your goldfish is floating upside-down and your mom tells you he fell asleep?

C

Corvak

I went to the storytelling event...but left, because I didn't have a story to tell - with only 3-4 people there I figured it wasn't really open to simple listeners.

I've been in-game but I haven't been posting on stratics much recently, though.

C

CatLord

Dos orn ssrig'luin lu'ol orn yewl:
- Ktonos Saroless,
- Qee Rek'larst Saroless,
- Qee Sarol whol l'boss,
- Screa olt yibinss,
- Train X o'goth,
- Lu'lgarr,
- ragar sel abbilen. :thumbsup:

D

DPudding

I stick with Miller Lite. Tastes as good as any "expensive" beer I've ever tried. Plus....it's easy to keep a buzz going with beer.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beer suck Scotch, Rum anything hard that can give you that KICK you are looking for:danceb:

M

Mysta

Beer suck Scotch, Rum anything hard that can give you that KICK you are looking for:danceb:
Ya know, some people like beer as well as the hard stuff. Some don't like the hard stuff and some don't like either.
Personal opinions FTW :D

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
beer is not the best thing to drink even when i live in New Orlean i never once drank a beer it was something hard all the time (looking back over my 21 b-day on all the drinks i got)) plus all the bar down there sell more hard then anything eles

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Har har, it is funny to see in what direction this thread is turning!

While I'd kill for ale and steal for liquor in Britannia, I actually hardly drink alcohol in real life. I'd be drunk after one beer already.

M

Moonwynd

Har har, it is funny to see in what direction this thread is turning!

While I'd kill for ale and steal for liquor in Britannia, I actually hardly drink alcohol in real life. I'd be drunk after one beer already.
har, that is actually true for me too. One beer and I'm falling asleep and I have way too much stuff going on that I need to stay alert for.

so to the question, "Is Catskills Sleeping?", it sounds like with all the beer sucking and liquor chasing going on, it may be that Catskillians are busy... Sleeping It Off? :sleep2: :D
Cheers! :beer: