Is Bushido am must noadays?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Every template I've seen so far has bushido. But what is possible without this skill? What's the biggest monster someone can take on with no bushido?

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 15, 2009
Well I use bush because I can take on bigger monsters than what I could without it... it helps you stand toe to toe to those nasty pvm bosses... it is also very useful in pvp and doesnt cost alot of mana to have.. what kind of template you trying to run?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
I know, that bushido helps taking on bigger monsters, because of +parry% etc, but I only have AoS. Since I don't plan to buy SE or ML (I'm waiting for SA and there's still tons of stuff I haven't seen yet, i.e. no doom gauntlet, no champ spawns, etc..), Bushido or Ninjutsu isn't an option for me.

I just wanted to know, what monsters an AoS-warrior would be able to slay.

Currently my template looks like this:

Code:
Necromancy	100.6	(110)
Spirit Speak	100.6	(110)	
Anatomy		100.0	(110 but locked)
Tactics		100.0	(100)
Healing		 97.1	(110)
Parrying	 95.1	(100)
Fencing		 85.3	(110)
Focus	 	 41.3	(down)

Str	 90	(locked)
Dex	123	(down)
Int	 27	(up)
Skillcap is 720.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008
I know, that bushido helps taking on bigger monsters, because of +parry% etc, but I only have AoS. Since I don't plan to buy SE or ML (I'm waiting for SA and there's still tons of stuff I haven't seen yet, i.e. no doom gauntlet, no champ spawns, etc..), Bushido or Ninjutsu isn't an option for me.

I just wanted to know, what monsters an AoS-warrior would be able to slay.

Currently my template looks like this:

Code:
Necromancy	100.6	(110)
Spirit Speak	100.6	(110)	
Anatomy		100.0	(110 but locked)
Tactics		100.0	(100)
Healing		 97.1	(110)
Parrying	 95.1	(100)
Fencing		 85.3	(110)
Focus	 	 41.3	(down)

Str	 90	(locked)
Dex	123	(down)
Int	 27	(up)
Skillcap is 720.
Well if you have access to weapons, armor, a smith or what have you, you can do almost as well as a good sampire character. A good chiv dexxer can solo Doom (which I know you said you can't go...just telling you) albeit it takes quite a bit longer than a sampire setup.

Shadow Wyrms, paragon succubus, ancient wyrms, paragon dragons, balrons, are some of the said creatures you can kill on a good necro warrior or good chiv dexxer setup. I've been doing it for years and years. Best of luck to you.

In answering your question, no it's not a must. Just player preference.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Doom (which I know you said you can't go...just telling you)
Doom is just in the "haven't seen yet"-category. :)

In answering your question, no it's not a must. Just player preference.
Good to hear :) Then I'll stick with AoS and wait, till SA comes out. (Whenever that will happen)

Now I just need to figure out a good Necro-/Pala-Template.

E

eolsunder

Well the reason that bushido is used alot is because it not only blocks physical attacks, but that nice "evasion" works against magic. So while your paladin shield welding dexxer can do nice against most foes, those that also cast magic will hit him 100% of the time, while that bushido warrior who is evading might dodge alot of those flamestrikes, fireballs, etc.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 13, 2004
California, USA
To me, it's not that important for PvM. Chivalry is fine for that.

I just couldn't see doing PvP without it though. Along with defense (parry, evasion, etc.) it also adds a real punch with Lightning Strike, Perfection, and Honorable Execution.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2008
florida
This one thought- that with players, you could not honor. If no honoring is done, how is perfection achieved?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 13, 2004
California, USA
This one thought- that with players, you could not honor. If no honoring is done, how is perfection achieved?
Like Connor said. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. Sorry about the confusion. I had edited my post and mistakenly combined two thoughts into one. I'm not going to change it so your two posts make sense to anyone else reading this thread.