• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is anyone still on this shard?

L

LargePiece

I realise the answer to that question is probably yes. But where is everyone?

I just recently reactivated my account after 7 years. I was pretty excited to get back on again. After two days of playing however, it appears that Trammel and Felluca are totally empty! Minoc is a big NPC party and there's even no-one hanging out in Britain. It sure is a far cry from back in 99 and 2000, when there were communities of players in every town. I guess most people are playing WOW these days. Pretty sad really, it's hardly got the depth and complexity of UO.

I did read that lots of people were hanging out in this Malas place? Seems a bit sad really, the maps I've seen of it don't look all the big and exciting.

Anyways, I guess I need to purchase Mondain's revenge if I want to visit Malas? Seems a bit of a bummer to pay 30USD for a game that's only a shadow of it's former self.

Does anyone know any other way of getting to Malas? Or even of a group of players who still hand out in Felucca or Trammel? Otherwise I might just play the month out and let my account lapse again.
So sad...

G

Just like in real life, the game changes aswell. 'the place to be' is now Luna in malas because everyone got lazy, everything most people need is right near by. plus there is a bit square around it that is vendor central. its made players SO lazy
The game is what you make of it. You cannot judge the game as you havnt even seen half of the new things there are now.
And you cant have gone to moonglow on your every city is abandoned hunt, because people have been going there alot recently. time rifts and new loot will do that.
Nor could you have gone to magincia, because you would of noticed that it has been destroyed so there is no point going there.
ditto with haven, which also no longer exists, it to was blown up and now we have new haven where all new players start with help quests etc and alot of people go there.
go the the brit moongate in fel, im sure youll meet some people there *chuckles*

G

<blockquote><hr>

go the the brit moongate in fel, im sure youll meet some people there

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody there.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I realise the answer to that question is probably yes. But where is everyone?

I just recently reactivated my account after 7 years. I was pretty excited to get back on again. After two days of playing however, it appears that Trammel and Felluca are totally empty! Minoc is a big NPC party and there's even no-one hanging out in Britain. It sure is a far cry from back in 99 and 2000, when there were communities of players in every town. I guess most people are playing WOW these days. Pretty sad really, it's hardly got the depth and complexity of UO.

I did read that lots of people were hanging out in this Malas place? Seems a bit sad really, the maps I've seen of it don't look all the big and exciting.

Anyways, I guess I need to purchase Mondain's revenge if I want to visit Malas? Seems a bit of a bummer to pay 30USD for a game that's only a shadow of it's former self.

Does anyone know any other way of getting to Malas? Or even of a group of players who still hand out in Felucca or Trammel? Otherwise I might just play the month out and let my account lapse again.
So sad...

[/ QUOTE ]

I left at around the start of 2003 (maybe end 2002). The game has definitely changed. There are a lot of mainstream MMO elements but the current team has really been moving towards some classical Britannian content. The current events really reflect this which is fantastic.

You will find those left are a very tight and social bunch. The quality of the game has not changed too much, but there are less people.

In my experience (recently returned for the Kingdom Reborn release), I've found that while this game is still fantastic, however it is showing it's age more than it was when Third Dawn was supposed todo what KR has done. Also everything you do now will not be enough to match the memories of this second life you've had in Britannia. I don't say that in a negative tone, it's just how it is.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So sad...

[/ QUOTE ]

You need the Age of Shadows expansion, but you may as well buy Mondains Legacy, and yes it is worth it.

I assume your account is only upgraded for maybe Blackthorns revenge at latest? That wont get you very far these days, you will be un able to craft/equip MANY items, won't be able to go to many places and some skills will be unavailable to you.

Once you get your account upgraded, go to a moongate, select Malas, then Luna. Welcome to the new WBB, sadly. *misses WBB*

...and welcome back!

P.S.

There are many who venture out to Felucia, or in fact live and play almost exclusively there. Take caution with thee.

G

<blockquote><hr>

usually is when i go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, but you attract trouble!

G

True!! I seem to send out a beakon when i go to fel *chuckles*

G

And that, boys and girls, is what is known in the marketing industry as an infomercial.

F

five oclock

LoL..dang some editing has been done nice

But I was going to say..Im still here..just moving by stealth around

Q

Quintarias

I'm wondering if there could be a comeback tour for myself at some stage... Or maybe I'm already playing again...

How would anybody know?

Not that anybody cares, which is the way I like it.

D

Dain69

OMG QUINT!! LONG TIME NO SEE!! I LOVE YOU QUINT! IM GONNA FIND YOU AND TELL THE WORLD!

Yeah I'm still here... after 10 years... *ashamed*

No one has seen the past couple of weeks though because i have been on Atlantic doing a smidge of shopping &lt;&gt;

D

Dain69

Yeah, but my 2 main suits back and did a bit of grinding. I have been back and rather active the past... 4 and half weeks?

G

Well thats very good to read!! yay!! Ive not been doing my usual luna bank lurking so ive not seen you but may i say again.... YAY!

Q

Quintarias

I know you love me Dain, but you never ICQ me anymore so no love for you.

How busy is the shard seriously? I'm only tempted to come back because I'm paying for 5 accounts and have too much of a life (it is possible!) and need an escape, but I don't want to come back to play a dead server.

Can find other things that will take up time away from the world, like playing with my zen rock and sand garden.

D

Dain69

Pretty good atm compared to a few months ago, especially in fel.

F

FootStool

I've heard of a bridge that is used by water to cross land! Absolutely amazing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

wait didnt you give your stuff away n say you were leaving?

[/ QUOTE ]

they all say that :p then they realize what they have done! UO is a game you cannot quit (or very hard), because it never goes away and is so damn good :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

wait didnt you give your stuff away n say you were leaving?

[/ QUOTE ]

they all say that :p then they realize what they have done! UO is a game you cannot quit (or very hard), because it never goes away and is so damn good :p

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but it's when you don't give your stuff away that you leave for good.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I've heard of a bridge that is used by water to cross land! Absolutely amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG you live!

F

five oclock

Thy title says is anyone still on this shard and I been waiting for a big to say this. Acutally just waiting when Im good and drunk

Nope..No one is on this shard anymore. We finally discouver how stealthing works and we are all hiding

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Thy title says is anyone still on this shard and I been waiting for a big to say this. Acutally just waiting when Im good and drunk

Nope..No one is on this shard anymore. We finally discouver how stealthing works and we are all hiding

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe

M

MoonBeam(TBD)

I'm still around sorta but live on the other side of the world so i never see anyone much lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

Footstool and Thaqui return.. two signs of the Apocalypse?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if I actually returned :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Footstool and Thaqui return.. two signs of the Apocalypse?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if I actually returned :p

[/ QUOTE ]

It's enough to see your pink-haired freakishness around the forums

G

<blockquote><hr>

Footstool you live!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's mere speculation at this point, rumours of Footstool's life are believed to be gross exaggerations.

F

FootStool

<blockquote><hr>

Heh. Seems to be as he has not responded.

[/ QUOTE ]
watcha wearing?

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
watcha wearing?

[/ QUOTE ]

F

five oclock

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
watcha wearing?

[/ QUOTE ]

hrm..nada? :p just some leather armor Im repairing here in me home :p

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been to bloody cold down here in Vic to wear anything less then full flannys to bed. heh!

Q

Quintarias

Nobody missed me except Dain...

Fine i'm not coming back :p

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Nobody missed me except Dain...

Fine i'm not coming back :p

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaw dont say that! Ive been away too remember.