• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is anyone else sick and tired of....

• Thread starter imported_Insta
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Insta

Putting a help page in and no matter what your page might be about, you basically wait in line only to recieve a "canned responce" It would be different if the "canned responce came within minutes of the page, but it's almost like I am expected to believe that there is someone out there that is trying to help someone else. It's just about to drive me bonkers. I haven't seen a gm in well over two years.

G

They addressed this at the town hall and Jeremy stated that it's more productive to direct people to the webpage if that is where the answer lies.
It helps the staff get through more pages faster. If you are misdirected she does want to know about it though.

That being said there is something to having a person actually COME to you. It made for better customer service and therefore made for a better game altogether.

I

imported_Insta

I have paged on just about EVERYTHING you can imagion in game, I have gone to the website the provide and never can I get any help. I paged on why my house could not be demolished when trying to place a larger house. I got a canned responce. It was fine to follow up on what I was doing the next day. (I still dont know what was keeping me from doing so) I've paged on exploits of the game (which I know is a given canned responce) I've paged about not being able to ride a "5th" year ethy on one of my chars and my account is 95+ months old. I am just tired of paging, about anything. I get a canned responce. I got threatend to have a mark on my account about the 5th year ethy if i didn't stop paging, I didn't stop paging, and I'm not sure if there is a mark or not but I know I got several canned responces on that one.

Anything and everything, I seem to only get a canned responce, and it would not be so bad if it were with in the first 20 minutes of the page, but I wait around for long periods of time waiting on the canned responces. Website or not there is more that can be done with this game. I would be happy to wait 3 hours if i knew that there was somone going to "come and address" my problem rather than make me wait 30 minutes only to have me page again, and fill out a few web based e-forms

I

imported_UOPODCASTING.COM

No not really. I think in 10 years I have had to page a GM 3 times for something that I couldn't help myself with.

Every other time the answer is available if you want to search.

So I guess in 10 years the times I had to wait for a GM was not that bad and I play in Australia were support doest cover out main playing hours.

G

I'm one of the rare people who actually prefers that GMs avoided directly interacting with players if at all possible, that resources are focused on the game and that players actually put in more effort to do some research, ask each other questions, file bug reports/abuse reports if needed and move on.

I

imported_Insta

<blockquote><hr>

Im sick and tired of all the "sick and tired of" posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good... now go troll along chump.....

G

I've never had a GM not respond personally. They may not appear in front of me and go "OMGHI2U!" but they do respond.
What's my secret?
1.) I try to solve the problem by myself. Google is your friend. Statistically, the chances of you being the first to encounter a problem are, to be technical: "really, really slim". So, it's likely that, with a little digging, you can find your own answer, in considerably less time.
2.) When I do that to page, I'm careful to word my page clearly, and politely. It really doesn't hurt to say please, or to end your page with something like "Thanks in advance". It doesn't hurt, and the GM's going to be more inclined to help you, because you've already thanked them for doing nothing more than reading the page.

I

imported_Insta

A new one, I cant get a kill point off of a guy (factions) that I know is worth one because I saw him "showscore" when i kill him i see a message saying you have recently defeted this enemy and he brings no honor. I haven't factoned in over a week. I cant solve that on my own. Something needs to be explained to me. I dont understand why I cannot get my deserved faction point.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

I have paged on just about EVERYTHING you can imagion in game, I have gone to the website the provide and never can I get any help. I paged on why my house could not be demolished when trying to place a larger house. I got a canned responce. It was fine to follow up on what I was doing the next day. (I still dont know what was keeping me from doing so) I've paged on exploits of the game (which I know is a given canned responce) I've paged about not being able to ride a "5th" year ethy on one of my chars and my account is 95+ months old. I am just tired of paging, about anything. I get a canned responce. I got threatend to have a mark on my account about the 5th year ethy if i didn't stop paging, I didn't stop paging, and I'm not sure if there is a mark or not but I know I got several canned responces on that one.

Anything and everything, I seem to only get a canned responce, and it would not be so bad if it were with in the first 20 minutes of the page, but I wait around for long periods of time waiting on the canned responces. Website or not there is more that can be done with this game. I would be happy to wait 3 hours if i knew that there was somone going to "come and address" my problem rather than make me wait 30 minutes only to have me page again, and fill out a few web based e-forms

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't demolish a house once and turned out it was because there were items in the moving crate.

Maybe they could place a small reminder in the customizing menu/demolish tab to be sure to empty the moving crate before you try demolishing?

It would most likely save the GMs a few pages in the future, and a few players some frustration.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

While it's all well and good to do research for certain things, not everyone wants to spend their free time doing that, especially for issues which you know in advance cannot be solved client side. And while you may get your GM's to come to you, it doesn't change the fact that it is a toss up if you get one or not. They're the frontlines of their customer service, they should probably try to actually assist as many people as they can.

G

<blockquote><hr>

While it's all well and good to do research for certain things, not everyone wants to spend their free time doing that, especially for issues which you know in advance cannot be solved client side. And while you may get your GM's to come to you, it doesn't change the fact that it is a toss up if you get one or not. They're the frontlines of their customer service, they should probably try to actually assist as many people as they can.

[/ QUOTE ]Research is only a part of it.
I won't deny that, sometimes, a GM is needed.
But, it's the sheer volume of calls the GMs have to deal with that make the queues so long. Don't you think that, if people did a little research, and hence didn't page GMs for things they could solve themselves, the queues would be shorter?
A Google search isn't actually hard. And, if the answer is to be found, you'll probably find it in less time than the page takes.

Think of the GMs as another form of customer service... Say, a checkout operator.
If there's a lot of people needing serving, then the queues are long.
If you're nice to the operator, then they'll be more helpful back.
If you're rude to the operator, then they'll probably put your milk on top of your bread.

M

Millie

"They addressed this at the town hall and Jeremy stated that it's more productive to direct people to the webpage if that is where the answer lies."

This statement just frys my butt. It is just like some one slaping me in the face. We will take you money, but haha we are to busy to help you with your in game problems.
Please tell me how the orange dot message I got could of helped me last week when I begged a gm to come see if my box of heirloom's had fell under the house. That stuff meant a lot to me and It may of still been there. I deserved for them to at least to show up and check Instead I got:

"Thank you for your petition. As players ourselves, we understand how
frustrating it can be to lose something in the game. Unfortunately, Game
Masters are not able to replace lost items, houses, or pets. A Game Master may
not alter a character's fame, karma, stats, skills or murder counts. If the
loss was a result of a game flaw, we ask that you report this incident to the
development team. (web address)
If you would like more information about our lost items policy, please review the (web adresss)
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us via the "Contact
Us" tab on the Knowledge Base website. Thank you again for your patience and
understanding.

Bearkly"

Well I don't understand and I im not very Patience, If this is Mystics Ideal of srevice, it BS. The people that played this game use to count for something, not just the fees we pay.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This statement just frys my butt. It is just like some one slaping me in the face. We will take you money, but haha we are to busy to help you with your in game problems.
Please tell me how the orange dot message I got could of helped me last week when I begged a gm to come see if my box of heirloom's had fell under the house. That stuff meant a lot to me and It may of still been there. I deserved for them to at least to show up and check Instead I got:

[/ QUOTE ]If it was there, you could have found it using object handles (ctrl+shift).

Out of interest, how did you word your page?

G

back when gms did answer everything...I remember being number 68 in the queque....so which is better, people?

G

<blockquote><hr>

back when gms did answer everything...I remember being number 68 in the queque....so which is better, people?

[/ QUOTE ]The current "nth in the queue" doesn't actually mean anything.
You'll probably find there's more calls these days, which accounts for the long waits, and impersonal service.

I recall being &gt;150 in the queue, one time.
It was like watching paint dry...

I

imported_blesh

Do you mean them actually appearing in game flutter?

I'd like to see that agian. i remember when i was maybe three months old a picture got stuck in my house, and a GM came to see me. scared me at first, i was all alone in my house waiting for them to come, was very nice and they had this awesome pink and blue lantern. I think all the GM's get to make thier own nifty item to carry on thier toons.

one also came down to talk to me about a str buff getting stuck on my bar, he had nifty glasses on.

sadly out of all the times i have paged, it was only in the first six months i actually saw a GM, that would put them appearing in july-06 to jan-07. it makes me sad this is gone, it was a such a nice touch to having a problem in game.

Not even when i had an account hacked did the GM actually appear
and i think at that moment in time feeling special and having one come down concerned with my issues would have meant the most to me

as for the original poster, i have gotten canned messages, and they have for the most part been helpfull. and when i have a problem with in game mechanics (for instance Irk stuck on a wall where i could not attack him) i have gotten prompt and curtious service. I think the GM's do a great job for the most part. they arent here to teach you how to play the game, they are here to fix problems and police the lands.

as for items going missing in game, sadly you have to just eat the loss. which i dont think is entierly fair. just out of wonder, how did your item fall under your house? I've been bouncing scrolls with circle of trans on and ended up dropping them under the house before. Of course a GM didnt come to retrieve them before they decayed. my own mistake, no biggie.