• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is 9.3% chance at Imbuing a big NO NO ??

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been trying to imbue the last mod into a weapon, Damage Increase from 36% up to 50% on a double axe (to bring total weight to 590/600) and, even if I am 120 imbuing, a Gargoyle and doing it at the Queen's Soulforge, the success chance shows (in red) as 9.3% and I have been wasting hundreds of enchanted essences and citrines all but to get fails.

Do I need to give up and stay with 36% DI only ?

How does people imbue stuff up to close the imbuing weight CAP ? Burn TONS of resources in the process ??

Do I have a way to raise up my chances at success somehow ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not that bad at 9% it's when u get to the 2/3% that it sucks..just keep clicking imbue last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as bettering my success chances is there anything I can do or 120, gargoyle and queen's soulforge is as much as one can do ?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as bettering my success chances is there anything I can do or 120, gargoyle and queen's soulforge is as much as one can do ?
Yea pretty much..people tell me eating, dismount remount, log out log In helps..but honestly that's all superstition I bet..just like eating makes you fizzle less or hit more..you'll get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It is just essence and gems. Take the 9.3% chance.
At worse, you will spend some gems and some essence that are easily replaceable.

With my human imbuer I get 9% when imbuing at my house at that weight and I just keep imbuing until I succeed, since all it takes is cheap imbuing ingredients. The expensive, hard to come with ones won't be expended until you succeed imbuing.

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll go along with everyone and say yes.. Just keep imbuing until you get it. I've done it before in the red and was successful after several attempts. Citrine is one of the least expensive gems to use (along with Amber) so you shouldn't have a problem there. Enchanted Essences aren't too hard to come by either.

It is a good thing you are imbuing DI as the last thing btw..

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I walk around the queens forge clockwise retrying each step and then counter-clockwise and try again. Eventually the success occurs and I smile thinking it helped. There has been times where I log out and back in to try again but that is only with relic fragments.

-Lorax

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
just continue pressing 'imbue the last mod' button till success :)

TONS of resources really are pretty cheap.
I walk around the queens forge clockwise
It do helps.
UO RNG is not good. The distribution is not normal. For example, when you have 50% chance (1:1 ratio) instead of random series of 0 and 1 you usually get something like 111100001111000111000011100.
So when you have failed few times in a row, waiting few seconds (for example, walking around a forge) increase your chances.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a good thing you are imbuing DI as the last thing btw..

Talking about progression order of imbuing, is there a linear list that one should be better to follow ?

like for example :

Imbue # 1 - Imbue as first whatever needs relic fragments
Imbue # 2 - Imbue as second whatever needs ??
Imbue # 3 - Imbue as third whatever needs ??

I put at imbue # 1 whatever needs relic fragments as I assume it is the most expensive that can be lost at fails (even at 63.5% success chance I succeeded only at my fourth attempt and lost 15 frags with 3 fails...).

Which are the other expensive ingredients which can be lost with fails and which therefore should come within the very first attempts ?

Thanks.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
only gems or relics/enchanted essence/magic residue are lost on fails, never the 'special'.
The only other rule I follow is never imbue leaches before swing speed increase.

There's a considerable gap between 36% di and 50% di. Would it be forth going for 40% or 45%?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Actually there is something else to consider in the order of things too. In this day in age, relics are only slightly harder to come by than essence or residue, but in general imbue relics first.

Also, I highly recommend that you imbue the all or nothing things first (slayers, spell channeling etc) since you don't want to imbue all the other stuff, and then notice that adding a super slayer would take you over the cap, then you need to imbue something else again, to a lower value to add the slayer.

Also, imbue the things you want closest to the cap first. If you need 50% DI to complete your suit, then I'd imbue that before imbuing "whatever-the-max-stamina-leech-I-can-fit" since ultimately 32 vs 34 stam leech is mainly an academic difference.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbue things requiring relics first but they are easier to come by these days. What I find really helps is to imbibe while I am imbuing so I drink a beer when I do it. Makes the time go much easier and should you get lucky and imbue on the first try then I still drink the beer to celebrate :) Just make sure to powder the stuff before you imbue or then you will drink 2 beers.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive had many "first time" attempts at 2.0% success chance so thats the lowest i shoot for. reimbue last and cross my fingers !

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just continue pressing 'imbue the last mod' button till success :)

TONS of resources really are pretty cheap.

It do helps.
UO RNG is not good. The distribution is not normal. For example, when you have 50% chance (1:1 ratio) instead of random series of 0 and 1 you usually get something like 111100001111000111000011100.
So when you have failed few times in a row, waiting few seconds (for example, walking around a forge) increase your chances.
Actually, before they changed the RNG generator, part of the equation was based on where you were standing, so moving really did affect it.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My imbuer is human I have no issues imbuing anything. Worst case was a DI or some other cheap mod fizzling a bunch. Just cheap stuff. The rings that require relics for every mod are the ones that hurt.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Even relics are easy to get now. I can pretty easily collect 50+ per hour.